ADVERTISEMENT

Major Tech Leaders Pen Brutal Condemnation Of Donald Trump

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/major-tech-leaders-send-open-letter-on-trump_us_5787a2afe4b03fc3ee4f76fc

145 leaders from more or less every tech company you can think of ― Google, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Slack, TaskRabbit, Flickr, Instacart, ... signed an open letter, condemning Donald Trump's candidacy.

Its core warning is that Trump’s brand of xenophobia and nativism, far from making America great again, will in fact hamstring its innovative capacity and undermine its potential greatness.

While Meg Whitman was not on the list but participated in another anti-Trump gathering and gave a speech, comparing him to Hitler and Mussolini: Meg Whitman likens Donald Trump to Fascists.

Where is Fiorina?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/major-tech-leaders-send-open-letter-on-trump_us_5787a2afe4b03fc3ee4f76fc

145 leaders from more or less every tech company you can think of ― Google, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Slack, TaskRabbit, Flickr, Instacart, ... signed an open letter, condemning Donald Trump's candidacy.

Its core warning is that Trump’s brand of xenophobia and nativism, far from making America great again, will in fact hamstring its innovative capacity and undermine its potential greatness.

While Meg Whitman was not on the list but participated in another anti-Trump gathering and gave a speech, comparing him to Hitler and Mussolini: Meg Whitman likens Donald Trump to Fascists.

Where is Fiorina?
That's hardly a list of "leaders from more or less every tech company you can think of." For example, there is not a single person on that list who is currently at Google, or Flickr. And since when is TaskRabbit a tech company that we should listen to?

It's a list of some liberal-minded executives of and advisers to some tech companies--most of which the average person has never heard of. That's it.

Reactions: mjvcaj
That's hardly a list of "leaders from more or less every tech company you can think of." For example, there is not a single person on that list who is currently at Google, or Flickr. And since when is TaskRabbit a tech company that we should listen to?

It's a list of some liberal-minded executives of and advisers to some tech companies--most of which the average person has never heard of. That's it.

I am familiar with many of them. Most other people would've heard of:

Ebay
Facebook (I don't know why Zuckerberg's name is not there, though)
YouTube
reddit
Flickr
eBay
Zynga

I will stop here. You are partially right that some of them are ex's, including 2 from Google. However, I would say ex's still count unless they were fired for incompetence or for being naughty. If retired, that counts. If he got a better job elsewhere, that still counts, since their knowledge, experience, and connections have not left them. I will have to agree with you on TaskRabbit, though. What do they do? o_O

As the article mentioned, techies are generally liberal-minded. I have a theory why that is so but that's another discussion for another thread. However, the article also mentions that they have been reluctant to engage aggressively with electoral politics until this year.

Last edited:

Where is Fiorina?

Of course they did

No industry uses and abuses the H-1b1 program and student visa program more than the tech industry. Just ask the Disney techies who all lost their jobs. Maybe the H-1b1 program increases creativity and innovation, which is a good thing, but it also helps the tech industry chiefs become some of the wealthiest people in the world. We have millions of mostly minority young people not getting educated and dropping out of education, while we also have huge proportions of STEM education university slots taken up by immigrants. This is a huge disconnect that only Trump has addressed. In any event he has walked back his criticism of the H-1b1 program.

Bill Gates has actually done something about this problem. I am not aware of the other wealthy techies doing similar things.

Last edited:
I am familiar with many of them. Most other people would've heard of:

Ebay
Facebook (I don't know why Zuckerberg's name is not there, though)
YouTube
reddit
Flickr
eBay
Zynga

I will stop here. You are partially right that some of them are ex's, including 2 from Google. However, I would say ex's still count unless they were fired for incompetence or for being naughty. If retired, that counts. If he got a better job elsewhere, that still counts, since their knowledge, experience, and connections have not left them. I will have to agree with you on TaskRabbit, though. What do they do? o_O

As the article mentioned, techies are generally liberal-minded. I have a theory why that is so but that's another discussion for another thread. However, the article also mentions that they have been reluctant to engage aggressively with electoral politics until this year.

Zuckerberg's name is there--but it's his little sister. Barry Diller? Longtime Democratic bigwig/supporter.

And for every ebay of Zynga (!?) on that list there are three times as many TaskRabbits. Not only that, the people named do not even represent the majority of the "leaders" that are (or have been) associated with the named companies.

And what about all of the ones that are missing, like Apple, Microsoft, Intel, HP, IBM, Oracle, Symantec, Intuit,...

Oh wait, there's some guy who was a "former design lead" at Apple--one of hundreds of Design Leads they have had (or currently have).

It's a list of 145 people in the tech industry/venture capital/etc. that don't like Trump and were willing to sign the letter.

Reactions: mjvcaj
Zuckerberg's name is there--but it's his little sister. Barry Diller? Longtime Democratic bigwig/supporter.

And for every ebay of Zynga (!?) on that list there are three times as many TaskRabbits. Not only that, the people named do not even represent the majority of the "leaders" that are (or have been) associated with the named companies.

And what about all of the ones that are missing, like Apple, Microsoft, Intel, HP, IBM, Oracle, Symantec, Intuit,...

Oh wait, there's some guy who was a "former design lead" at Apple--one of hundreds of Design Leads they have had (or currently have).

It's a list of 145 people in the tech industry/venture capital/etc. that don't like Trump and were willing to sign the letter.

You are wasting your time. He doesn't know anything about business or leadership... so how would he know if you combine both? His head be like:

rJnzPwT.gif

That the Huffington Post ran this says it all.

Reactions: Ladoga
You are wasting your time. He doesn't know anything about business or leadership... so how would he know if you combine both? His head be like:
So, when you have nothing worthwhile to say, stick to insult? Do you know why I have been avoiding you on this forum?

So, when you have nothing worthwhile to say, stick to insult? Do you know why I have been avoiding you on this forum?

Post a shitty thread, expect a shitty response. Feel free to keep avoiding me.

And nothing more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT