ADVERTISEMENT

Maher signs with MLS

That caught me by surprise. I thought he wanted to stick around at least 1 more year to play with his brother, who is a 2020 recruit. Best of luck to Jack!

Awaiting decisions now on Penn, Morris, and maybe Bezerra.

Reactions: snowling
That caught me by surprise. I thought he wanted to stick around at least 1 more year to play with his brother, who is a 2020 recruit. Best of luck to Jack!

Awaiting decisions now on Penn, Morris, and maybe Bezerra.

I think at this point if a kid gets a chance to go they need to jump if a career in soccer is their goal. mls has become big time and college doesn't lead to much development. just not enough games and practices to matter.

I wonder how much $
I don’t know how much $ Jack will make, but from what I’ve read the GenerationAdidas program is a pretty nice deal and those players get a higher salary than a regular draft pick. It comes with some nice perks too like tuition assistance if they have a career ending injury and go back to college to finish a degree.

I don’t know how much $ Jack will make, but from what I’ve read the GenerationAdidas program is a pretty nice deal and those players get a higher salary than a regular draft pick. It comes with some nice perks too like tuition assistance if they have a career ending injury and go back to college to finish a degree.

I asked one of my old coaches and apparently these draft picks are all over the map in what they're paid, but i think you're right definitely a higher salary. play a decade (or even a few years) in mls and you can make a lifetime career out of soccer in the US now. i coached and played for the same club as jack. the directors are making six figures. these youth clubs have become cash cows. crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT