ADVERTISEMENT

Maher on Woke Penal Code

I want conservative policies and I want someone with the balls to tell the woke police to go to hell.

The reason so many people looked past all the disgusting stuff with Trump was very simple. Republicans had set back forever in fear of the isms and phobes coming from the democrats. Trump said F U. He wasn’t afraid of them.
I know but the parties have lost their way. I see a lot of wanting to "stick it to the man" from the left and policies borne of spite from the right. Policies should be meritorious - borne of cooperation and consideration, not anger and resentment. There's a pretty entertaining satire on hbo right now called white lotus. Plays on a lot of our current angst

Reactions: DANC
I want conservative policies and I want someone with the balls to tell the woke police to go to hell.

The reason so many people looked past all the disgusting stuff with Trump was very simple. Republicans had set back forever in fear of the isms and phobes coming from the democrats. Trump said F U. He wasn’t afraid of them.
Such victimhood. 😢

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Honest question, what Democrat demons were you so scared of in Washington IN? Can you even find a Democrat there, much less a “woke leftist”? These are all imagined demons.

With this claimed begrudging Trump support - there is a difference between a reason and an excuse.

I think you underestimate Trumps influence, but I agree with you that this a base play by DeSantis. Trump shined a light on that base and now the opportunists are trying to be Trumpy to gain that support. Only time will tell if we see trucks driving around with DeSantis flags anytime soon.
I have a question for you. Do you believe the Trump base is all Racist Rubes, Hillbillies and White Nationalist?

Honest question, what Democrat demons were you so scared of in Washington IN? Can you even find a Democrat there, much less a “woke leftist”? These are all imagined demons.

With this claimed begrudging Trump support - there is a difference between a reason and an excuse.
I care about the entire country. I spend as little time as possible in Washington IN.

What excuse did you need to vote for Biden? I know without a doubt you know he’s not capable, liar, plagiarizer and his family made dirty business deals off his 47 year political career.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
I care about the entire country. I spend as little time as possible in Washington IN.

What excuse did you need to vote for Biden? I know without a doubt you know he’s not capable, liar, plagiarizer and his family made dirty business deals off his 47 year political career.
He is also one of the most responsible for the criminal injustice that we hear about today. But he got his war on the racial jungle he once talked about.

I grown to respect him whether he’s pillaring my politics or not.
He's a dick. The only reason he is speaking out against wokeness is because he sees where he and his leftist buddies have taken the US. And he knows the leftists eventually turn on each other. He knows he's one 'inappropriate' joke away from being canceled himself.

He rode the leftist gravy train as long as he could and, now that he knows he only appeals to an older crowd, has changed his politics to better reflect their politics.

Needless to say, I have zero respect for him and don't believe he believes anything he says - he has no soul.

He's a dick. The only reason he is speaking out against wokeness is because he sees where he and his leftist buddies have taken the US. And he knows the leftists eventually turn on each other. He knows he's one 'inappropriate' joke away from being canceled himself.

He rode the leftist gravy train as long as he could and, now that he knows he only appeals to an older crowd, has changed his politics to better reflect their politics.

Needless to say, I have zero respect for him and don't believe he believes anything he says - he has no soul.
You may be right.

yup. if desantis doesn't change course and invoke some common sense w/ masks he's going to suffer the same fate as trump
You still trust masks after the last year and a half? The only thing that has stopped the virus is vaccines.

Masks - regular cloth masks - are useless. Worse than useless when you consider the damage they can do to the wearer. Fauci was right originally on masks but then had to backtrack when he got political backlash. And now University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy Director Michael Osterholm said cloth or paper masks don't work to stop the spread of the disease.

You still trust masks after the last year and a half? The only thing that has stopped the virus is vaccines.

Masks - regular cloth masks - are useless. Worse than useless when you consider the damage they can do to the wearer. Fauci was right originally on masks but then had to backtrack when he got political backlash. And now University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy Director Michael Osterholm said cloth or paper masks don't work to stop the spread of the disease.

Bet he’s not invited back to CNN.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
It’s kinda exciting watching a liberal give liberal woke idiots a middle finger. And the wokes can’t touch him.
It does rile them up, doesn't it?

I guess it's worth it then. lol

Reactions: 76-1
It might be dumb but some are sick of Fauci, CDC and other supposed experts giving us dumb edicts regarding Covid.

I had an appointment today at The Eye Center in Bloomington. Bloomington is back with masking. I dutifully wore my special made IU Hoosiers Red and White Mask into the Docs office. For fun I proudly penned by Vaccine Card above my heart. Some chuckled and some didn’t. I told the receptionist they needed a candy bowl to reward the vaccinated patients.
Good to know you're an asshole in real life in addition to being one at TWC. Not really surprising.

no i don't think masks do much. i think that was demonstrated by data comparing counties/states w/ mask mandates vs. those without. i think that covid moved like a forest fire and if you were unlucky enough to be in a hot spot masks did little to mitigate the numbers. and i agree people wear old masks, the wrong masks, ill fitting masks, on and on. but masks became a political lightning rod for no reason when the inconvenience of wearing them is negligible. maybe they help 5% great. wear it. certainly preferable to lockdowns. it's just not worth fighting over imo

Reactions: DANC
Good to know you're an asshole in real life in addition to being one at TWC. Not really surprising.
I wore my mask. I figured I’d get ahead of the game when Biden requires a Vaccine Passport. What’s wrong with practicing? While they’re developing the Vaccine Passport, maybe they can throw in a Voting Passport.

I forgot about his racist jungle comments. Democrats forgive KKK members and racists quickly if they start speaking the right politics.

You have no problem voting with the KKK. propping up the racists and proud of it eh?

He just admitted to being a Chad ...
I had to look that one up. So it says incels and manosphere groups use the term. Do those terms fit you?

A Chad, in internet slang, is generally a sexually active "alpha male". The term has a history of being used by incels and other manosphere groups, though it has also become a slang term across the internet and among adolescents in general to refer to particularly attractive or confident males.

I wore my mask. I figured I’d get ahead of the game when Biden requires a Vaccine Passport. What’s wrong with practicing? While they’re developing the Vaccine Passport, maybe they can throw in a Voting Passport.

Maybe we could make sure to only have 1 voting booth in a 120 mile radius of your house, not allow you to carpool or vote by mail and be sure to not let anyone give you water in the long line that is sure to form.

Want to be sure we have voter integrity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Really? I’ve never been afraid of being cancelled by conservatives.

Yea, they only try to cancel the LGBT community or the non-christian community, or the minority community, or the female community. Those conservatives don't try to cancel very much.

Guess you are lucky.

I had to look that one up. So it says incels and manosphere groups use the term. Do those terms fit you?

A Chad, in internet slang, is generally a sexually active "alpha male". The term has a history of being used by incels and other manosphere groups, though it has also become a slang term across the internet and among adolescents in general to refer to particularly attractive or confident males.
Look at me, look at me, I'm wearing my vaccination card on my chest, because I need attention to compensate for an ineffectual social/sexual life...

lol ..

Yea, i used the wrong word, you're not a "Chad", you're definitely a Kevin.

Look at me, look at me, I'm wearing my vaccination card on my chest, because I need attention to compensate for an ineffectual social/sexual life...

lol ..

I thought he was a silent Karen

Is he anti-vax and into conspiracies? IIRC, I don't think he is, but I could be wrong.
tons of stuff out there on him saying vaccines cause autism, flu shots cause flu and cause autism, COVID is crap (until he got it), plenty of shows cozying up with antivaxx nuts, UFO nuts, other conspiracy mongers

He is not a thinker.

maybe a recent change of heart:

Yes, too often the nominee of the Republican party has been viewed fairly or unfairly as a "cake eater." Romney being the prime example. Even, the distinguished military heroes like Bush 41, Dole, and McCain were not viewed as political fighters.

Republicans viewed Trump as the guy who is gonna bring the tire iron to the political playground. I think DeSantis is cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:
It's just funny hearing Trumpers extoll the virtues of Bill Maher, who loves to lampoon evangelical Christians (Trump's base) for their abject stupidity. I agree with him on that. There is plenty of nonsense from him to disagree with though.

He's a comedian. He's no font of knowledge. He's not Neil deGrasse Tyson.

lol ..

Whatever you think. I am enjoying weekends in Bloomington.

So are you an incel?

It's exciting to you because conservatives are too scared to do the same to their own.
Good grief....
Adam Kinzinger
Lynn Cheney
Hell, John McCain made a career out of sticking his thumb in conservatives' eyes.

Most true conservatives probably agree with Kinzinger and Cheney on 75-80% of political issues.

Reactions: stollcpa
Maybe we could make sure to only have 1 voting booths in a 120 mile radius of your house, not allow you to carpool or vote by mail and be sure to not let anyone give you water in the long line that is sure to form.

Want to be sure we have voter integrity.
How do you get one voting booths in 120 mile radius?

Damn, I get it now. You mean booth not booths.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Good grief....
Adam Kinzinger
Lynn Cheney
Hell, John McCain made a career out of sticking his thumb in conservatives' eyes.

Most true conservatives probably agree with Kinzinger and Cheney on 75-80% of political issues.
And yet, they traded Cheney for Elise Stefanik, who couldn't be any further up the Donald's butt.

And yet, they traded Cheney for Elise Stefanik, who couldn't be any further up the Donald's butt.
It will all work it’s way out one way or another in 2022. Pubs screw up and don’t at least win back the house, the Dems will be in control the rest of my lifetime.

You're talking about two different things entirely. First you're saying Republicans are "too scared" to call out their own. I gave you examples of people who have routinely done so. Now the goalpost is moved to: but they removed her from a leadership position. Leadership in the minority party requires all three to be on the same page. McCarthy and Cheney obviously were not regarding the 2020 election.

Do better Vanderpuke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT