ADVERTISEMENT

Maher on Woke Penal Code

A lot of people in this board could learn a lot from Maher. He’s a flaming, weed smoking liberal who often times disagrees with liberal policies and positions. How? He is an independent thinker. If you find yourself nodding your head in agreement with every policy from your preferred party, you are not an independent thinker. You are a partisan hack.

He's a loud mouthed, overly opinionated, conspiratorial, antivaccine idiot comedian, who nobody should take particularly seriously. He is right on some things (maybe even most things) and stubbornly, goofishly ill-informed on many other things.

A lot of people in this board could learn a lot from Maher. He’s a flaming, weed smoking liberal who often times disagrees with liberal policies and positions. How? He is an independent thinker. If you find yourself nodding your head in agreement with every policy from your preferred party, you are not an independent thinker. You are a partisan hack.
I respectfully disagree. Guy is self-righteous and arrogant, frequently rude to his guests and, despite a long history as a comedian, he is becoming a humorless, angry old man. Yeah, he'll sometimes deviate from Dem talking points but I honestly think it's mostly motivated by his desire to stir up some controversy and get publicity. He wouldn't vote for a Republican if his life depended on it.

And some of his ideas, like pushing for Al Franken to run for president in 2020, are just nuts.

I grown to respect him whether he’s pillaring my politics or not.

Reactions: All4You
God if the guy were a black or white conservative you liberals would make mince meat out of him.

I see you enjoying watching Maher say things you agree with. However, I haven’t seen many posts from you stepping out and challenging right wing policies or really even right wing politicians. You know, the walk the walk part.
There’s plenty of liberals on here that have beat that dog to death the last 4 1/2 years.

Maher is one of you telling everyone how ignorant this woke blather is.

I see you enjoying watching Maher say things you agree with. However, I haven’t seen many posts from you stepping out and challenging right wing policies or really even right wing politicians. You know, the walk the walk part.
It's sure easy enough to do. I'm reading Desantis and masks right now. Pure idiocy. If cases are soaring why the **** prohibit masks if a district is for them.

He's a loud mouthed, overly opinionated, conspiratorial, antivaccine idiot comedian, who nobody should take particularly seriously. He is right on some things (maybe even most things) and stubbornly, goofishly ill-informed on many other things.
Is he anti-vax and into conspiracies? IIRC, I don't think he is, but I could be wrong.

It’s kinda exciting watching a liberal give liberal woke idiots a middle finger. And the wokes can’t touch him.
There are many on this board who aren’t smart enough to get it. You are not one them. Oh well. I tried.

Reactions: The Vid
It might be dumb but some are sick of Fauci, CDC and other supposed experts giving us dumb edicts regarding Covid.

I had an appointment today at The Eye Center in Bloomington. Bloomington is back with masking. I dutifully wore my special made IU Hoosiers Red and White Mask into the Docs office. For fun I proudly penned by Vaccine Card above my heart. Some chuckled and some didn’t. I told the receptionist they needed a candy bowl to reward the vaccinated patients.

There are many on this board who aren’t smart enough to get it. You are not one them. Oh well. I tried.
I am sorry but I am tired of the idiocy. It’s gone over the top on the left. I see nothing nor no one stopping it. When I stumbled across Maher I enjoyed it.

Trump was a douchebag but I still liked many of his policies. Biden is a douchebag and I don’t like any of his policies right now.

It might be dumb but some are sick of Fauci, CDC and other supposed experts giving us dumb edicts regarding Covid.

I had an appointment today at The Eye Center in Bloomington. Bloomington is back with masking. I dutifully wore my special made IU Hoosiers Red and White Mask into the Docs office. For fun I proudly penned by Vaccine Card above my heart. Some chuckled and some didn’t. I told the receptionist they needed a candy bowl to reward the vaccinated patients.
I can't stand fauci or the cdc but as Cortez pointed out there are hills not worth dying on - masks is one of them. Had trump said look gang i don't care for masks and I have no idea whether they work or not but look at it like a support bracelet- in solidarity we're going to throw them on together and if they help great and if they don't we haven't lost much other than a little inconvenience.

Now DeSantis appears to be following the same silly path.

A dearth of common sense in the world at the moment

I am sorry but I am tired of the idiocy. It’s gone over the top on the left. I see nothing nor no one stopping it. When I stumbled across Maher I enjoyed it.

Trump was a douchebag but I still liked many of his policies. Biden is a douchebag and I don’t like any of his policies right now.

"You don't know what you've got till it's gone. They paved paradise, put up a parking lot . . . "

It will be Harris soon enough . . . Think how much fun that will be.

I can't stand fauci or the cdc but as Cortez pointed out there are hills not worth dying on - masks is one of them. Had trump said look gang i don't care for masks and I have no idea whether they work or not but look at it like a support bracelet- in solidarity we're going to throw them on together and if they help great and if they don't we haven't lost much other than a little inconvenience.

Now DeSantis appears to be following the same silly path.

A dearth of common sense in the world at the moment
I don’t disagree. Common sense isn’t coming from either side and both are thinking they’re not going to be the first to give in.

Personally I am sick of the nonsense and although childish at times I am going to poke fun.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Yea, I'd rather follow medical advice from people with no medical knowledge ;)

It's interesting to see who can't view Maher in the OP in any other way but through the prism of their chosen and staunchly defended political tribe. I'm with @Cortez88 . It's too bad that the tribe members of both major parties won't think independently.

And many still insist Trump isn't leading the Republican party.

**Narrator - "He is"**
I don't know that you can make that connection. His endorsements don't appear to be worth much. I think it's more that it's what DeSantis perceives to represent what his constituents want, which can be independent of trump. See stoll in this thread. He also said no lockdowns. I support that. DeSantis supporting no lockdowns similarly doesn't mean pandering to trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
I don't know that you can make that connection. His endorsements don't appear to be worth much. I think it's more that it's what DeSantis perceives to represent what his constituents want, which can be independent of trump. See stoll in this thread
I want conservative policies and I want someone with the balls to tell the woke police to go to hell.

The reason so many people looked past all the disgusting stuff with Trump was very simple. Republicans had set back forever in fear of the isms and phobes coming from the democrats. Trump said F U. He wasn’t afraid of them.

Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
I don't know that you can make that connection. His endorsements don't appear to be worth much. I think it's more that it's what DeSantis perceives to represent what his constituents want, which can be independent of trump. See stoll in this thread
I think you underestimate Trumps influence, but I agree with you that this a base play by DeSantis. Trump shined a light on that base and now the opportunists are trying to be Trumpy to gain that support. Only time will tell if we see trucks driving around with DeSantis flags anytime soon.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT