ADVERTISEMENT

Magic Number?

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
Okay so the Hoosiers are 13-3. Fifteen games to go. How many wins do they need to get into the NCAA Tournament? (Not counting the Big Ten Tourney.) I am the football guy but my thought is they are probably safe at 20 and at 21 they should be good to go. Thoughts?

I laid it out in another thread. I think it’s 6.

Even our “worst” combination of 6 wins by NET ranking should be enough given the current strength of the conference.

@NEB, PUR, IOWA, PSU, MINN, WIS

As another poster pointed out, it’s a lot of WHAT IF’s but the only real threat is if two of PUR/IOWA/MINN fall out of Quad 2 into Quad 3.

Win any other combination 6 and it’s almost a lock.

I laid it out in another thread. I think it’s 6.

Even our “worst” combination of 6 wins by NET ranking should be enough given the current strength of the conference.

@NEB, PUR, IOWA, PSU, MINN, WIS

As another poster pointed out, it’s a lot of WHAT IF’s but the only real threat is if two of PUR/IOWA/MINN fall out of Quad 2 into Quad 3.

Win any other combination 6 and it’s almost a lock.

I agree with this. But 19 regular season wins would mean at least win one in the BTT. So the total number is still likely 7 regardless of how we get there.

6 will get us in for sure IMO. We almost made it last year with 17 wins and the conference is stronger this year, so 19 should be enough. 5 it will be 50/50, 4 and we will probably be out, unless we go on a run in the BTT

huge win today, dramatically increases our odds in making the tourney.. I said yesterday it was +135,I would now put it at -120

Reactions: mike41703
Okay so the Hoosiers are 13-3. Fifteen games to go. How many wins do they need to get into the NCAA Tournament? (Not counting the Big Ten Tourney.) I am the football guy but my thought is they are probably safe at 20 and at 21 they should be good to go. Thoughts?

20-in for sure
19-most likely
18-probably not
17-free hot dogs at the Nit team game

Reactions: MrBing and bbmedora
If there’s 15 games left I’d be disappointed if they can’t win at least 9 of those 15, given the talent and abilities they have.

If there’s 15 games left I’d be disappointed if they can’t win at least 9 of those 15, given the talent and abilities they have.
That would be 2 road wins. I dunno if we have that in us. The BIG is brutal. I think we are 35th on kenpom, but there are 10 teams ranked ahead of us.

20-in for sure
19-most likely
18-probably not
17-free hot dogs at the Nit team game

I would move everything up by a win. So 21 almost a lock, 20 most likely etc. I also feel like 21 is about the ceiling to be honest. If we go 11-9 in league play I'll take it. But again I'm the football guy lol.

I would move everything up by a win. So 21 almost a lock, 20 most likely etc. I also feel like 21 is about the ceiling to be honest. If we go 11-9 in league play I'll take it. But again I'm the football guy lol.
Almost a lock with 21? They’re probably a lock with 19.

B1G is crazy this year.... legit 12 teams that have reasonable tourney hopes.

We are gonna get 22 and be in with ease!

I still think this team has a couple gears they've not even hit. If we just had someone who had a bit of a dog in them and would push his teammates. I still say this team is just lacking in confidence and I think the FTs show it. At one time I thought it could be Al Durham, but I think he's one of the worst with body language. I've never seen a guy fall so often from contact, almost as if he's anticipating it before there is any contact. The only guy I think could really lift this team to a higher level with his play is TJD. He has exceeded every expectation I had for him as a freshman, so why not be a leader with his emotion? I saw a couple flashes of him today when he seemed to get a bit angry and really go after the ball.

PS, and I guess the other guy could be RP. I didn't think of him initially just because he's looked so different than the guy we saw last year, but if he'll get out and hawk the ball, make good decisions and take good shots and knock down FTs, he could be the guy that lifts the team. Something else I know is that we should never, EVER have another game where TJD takes 3 shots. That can't happen, and we need some guards who recognize that and won't let it happen. Feed that guy the damn ball!

Last edited:
Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
I still think this team has a couple gears they've not even hit. If we just had someone who had a bit of a dog in them and would push his teammates. I still say this team is just lacking in confidence and I think the FTs show it. .

agreed.

What’s our record in the big ten tournament anyway?

Just saw on bracketolgy and we're a 11 seed right now playing Arkansas again. So much for being 14-3.

ADVERTISEMENT