ADVERTISEMENT

Madison Norris is headed to EKU

Coming out of High School his coach said he didn't have the frame to add much weight so I thought, with his speed, that husky would be a good spot for him. I guess his track speed didn't translate well to football. Next man up!

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Good luck with the new team as I hope it allows it gets you on the field.

I'm really surprised he didn't at least attempt to move to TE...

I know that learning to catch what amounts to a major league fastball overnight is a tough row to hoe but several hours a day working with a Jugs machine and having someone throw everything from golf balls to bricks to a real full speed football at you probably would have allowed him to make the transition...

Hate to see a guy with that type of speed just call it a day (as far as Big Ten Football goes).

The marketplace has corrected here. He could not put on B10 weight. Wish him nothing but good luck ahead.

And candidly, win/win, as I like it when those at bottom of roster self-select out as it does free up spots for new blood to come in who can potentially contribute ahead on the field.

I know that learning to catch what amounts to a major league fastball overnight is a tough row to hoe but several hours a day working with a Jugs machine and having someone throw everything from golf balls to bricks to a real full speed football at you probably would have allowed him to make the transition...

Hate to see a guy with that type of speed just call it a day (as far as Big Ten Football goes).
He never developed the size to play TE and then to have the need to develop hand eye coordination, which is hard to do in a short time, would have been too much. There is a reason he didn't play RB or receiver in HS.

He never developed the size to play TE and then to have the need to develop hand eye coordination, which is hard to do in a short time, would have been too much. There is a reason he didn't play RB or receiver in HS.

Looks like we turned his scholarship into a potential starter at TE so this looks like the best result for all concerned...

Last edited:

I agree that he should have been evaluated at receiver. Maybe he was and we didn't know it. He played DE and receiver in HS.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT