ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi

not surprising considering the trend. And remaining schedule does not look good considering this team's play on the road. Was hoping this year would be the year we get over the hump but looks like we're rolling back down the hill instead.

I said last summer that the next 12 months would be critical for this program, and it's playing out that way, only not in the direction I was hoping. I think CAM sees a 4th yr because of the AD and contract situation, but the new AD is going to walk into some turbulent times with the men's basketball program. Hope things turn back around quickly, but not feeling good about the next couple years.

tenor.gif

And just like that, we are officially out of the bracket. Another great year of Hoosier basketball. I’m sure we are meeting Fred’s requirements when he hire CAM.
We were never really in that was only on paper.

Reactions: BigMobe
not surprising considering the trend. And remaining schedule does not look good considering this team's play on the road. Was hoping this year would be the year we get over the hump but looks like we're rolling back down the hill instead.

I said last summer that the next 12 months would be critical for this program, and it's playing out that way, only not in the direction I was hoping. I think CAM sees a 4th yr because of the AD and contract situation, but the new AD is going to walk into some turbulent times with the men's basketball program. Hope things turn back around quickly, but not feeling good about the next couple years.

Next year will be very ugly.

And just like that, we are officially out of the bracket. Another great year of Hoosier basketball. I’m sure we are meeting Fred’s requirements when he hire CAM.
I just want us to play smart competitive basketball. If we lost at UM by one point, and those people up there feel like they were lucky to win then I can accept that. We are a team where it looks like we have no heart, no basketball intelligence, and can't really compete. Fred said we would make deep tourney runs, win B1G championships. It ain't happening yet. Something has to be fixed. It's either a new coach, new administration, or new players.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
By way of comparison, Jerry Palm at CBS has IU a 10 seed and Purdue First Four Out.

BracketMatrix has IU in as an 11 seed and is in the tournament in 74/94 brackets. Yes this year has been disappointing but to act like the world is over because Joe Lunardi doesn't have IU projected in the tournament on February 18th is the overreaction of the century. Win out at home and IU is in the tournament.

BracketMatrix has IU in as an 11 seed and is in the tournament in 74/94 brackets. Yes this year has been disappointing but to act like the world is over because Joe Lunardi doesn't have IU projected in the tournament on February 18th is the overreaction of the century. Win out at home and IU is in the tournament.

win out at home, IF we can win the first B1G tourney game, puts us to 20 wins. that might do it. However, a couple things have to happen:

1. we actually have to win out at home, including beating Penn St who is on fire, winning on the road and in the top 10.
2. We'd have to win the first B1G tourney game. Only a fool would put money on IU in a B1G tourney game.

Could once again come down to our first B1G tourney game being our play-in game. didn't like the results last year.

Much like last yr, we shouldn't even be in this position. I understand winning on the road in the B1G is tough, but we're not just losing, we're getting blown out by 20+ way too often.

Is it really going to be a step forward if we sneak in at a 11 seed with double digit losses and a losing conf record, then have to travel and get beat by 15 or more to a 6 seed?

And imagine what the record would be if we hadn't feasted on cupcakes the first 7 games? I've never been anti-CAM but unfortunately I'm starting to see the writing on the wall.

It will only get worse. Our recruiting has gotten worse every single year with Archie.

I’ll continue saying it...Archie is making John Groce look successful. This is an epic dumpster fire unlike possibly anything college basketball has ever seen. This will be a chapter in a book one day about rock bottom.

It will only get worse. Our recruiting has gotten worse every single year with Archie.

I’ll continue saying it...Archie is making John Groce look successful. This is an epic dumpster fire unlike possibly anything college basketball has ever seen. This will be a chapter in a book one day about rock bottom.
Even if we slip in the tourney next year can you imagine how bad year 5 will be with no TJD and Brunk up front . Recruiing is mostly dead so help would not be on the way.

This is an epic dumpster fire unlike possibly anything college basketball has ever seen.

I've read a lot of dumb shit on here (most of them by you), but this might be the dumbest.

Archie should not be the coach here next year. But he is nowhere near being the biggest dumpster fire in NCAA history. Good grief, lol.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I've read a lot of dumb shit on here (most of them by you), but this might be the dumbest.

Archie should not be the coach here next year. But he is nowhere near being the biggest dumpster fire in NCAA history. Good grief, lol.
Agreed. He just isnt a very good coach but certainly not the worst in history.

Yup...3 4* players is horrible recruiting! Just look at all that talent Crean left in the Jr and Sr classes! Teams lead by Freshmen and Sophomores tend to do great in the B10, right? Green, DeRon, Smith, Al, and Brunk are all exactly what you want from upperclassmen, right? Seriously, most of the teams above IU have seniors as their key players (especially PG and most as top post scoring option, as well). Get over yourself and stop pretending a team that has 2 guys who would even be in contention to start at any team in the B10 orher than Nebraska or Northwestern (TJD and maybe Rob somewhere that doesn't have a Sr PG). If coach has inherited a roster like OSU, you guys might have a point, but it takes more than 2 recruiting classes to rebuild a program. They were 13th out of 14 teams in the B10 on average star rating when Archie took over (and Rojo, 4*, was a Sr). Last year, we lost our top two scorers and only real post player (with DeRon just now starting to get back in playing shape). Again, why did anyone expect better than being on the bubble? Picked 10th in the B10 for very good reasons. Stop expecting miracle turnarounds.

Even if we slip in the tourney next year can you imagine how bad year 5 will be with no TJD and Brunk up front . Recruiing is mostly dead so help would not be on the way.

Coach was given a 7 year contract knowing the program was in need of a massive rebuild. I don't understand the sky high expectations for a team with no upperclassmen leadership (and very little upperclassmen talent) who lost their two top scorers and only real post player. Realistic expectations please. Bubble team was likely best case at the beginning of the year. The misplaced anger should be directed at those who destroyed the program over most of the last 20 years instead of those working to fix the problem.

Reactions: Im4iu89 and Sassy61
Coach was given a 7 year contract knowing the program was in need of a massive rebuild. I don't understand the sky high expectations for a team with no upperclassmen leadership (and very little upperclassmen talent) who lost their two top scorers and only real post player. Realistic expectations please. Bubble team was likely best case at the beginning of the year. The misplaced anger should be directed at those who destroyed the program over most of the last 20 years instead of those working to fix the problem.
More proof the entire admin should leave of IU is currently in MAJOR rebuild mode

Reactions: bailey777
Massive rebuild? Too funny. I mean with expectations like you have no wonder this program is awful. May as well give him 25 years . I never thought in a million years the.expectations at iu could get this low but boy was I wrong. I think we got our richard pitino in archie boys.

While some here like to give kudos to Fred Glass for his outstanding work as an AD ... err..... fundraiser, I mean, what percentage of Fred's time here did the basketball team make the NCAA tournament?

Here's the answer. Fred started in Oct 2008
2009 - MISS
2010 - MISS
2011 - MISS
2012 - IN
2013 - IN
2014 - MISS
2015 - IN
2016 - IN
2017 - MISS
2018 - MISS
2019 - MISS

If my stats are correct, before this season, 6 out 10 years of Fred's term as AD, the men's basketball team missed out on the NCAA tournament. And that number is probably 7 out of 11 after this season.

This should be absolutely vital at IU. After all, that would be the question asked of the AD at UNC, UCLA, Duke, KY, Kansas, etc...

Last edited:
Really! This team can’t beat anyone on the road. You think by some miracle we start playing better on the road these last few games. Stop living in your fantasy world and come back to reality.

Really! This team can’t beat anyone on the road. You think by some miracle we start playing better on the road these last few games. Stop living in your fantasy world and come back to reality.

Where in the literal F*** did I say anything about IU winning on the road? IU is 16-9 currently with 3 home games left, all against Q1/Q2 opponents. If Indiana wins out at home, they're going to make the tournament regardless if they lose their remaining road games by a combined 1000 points. The bubble is atrociously weak this year and a 19 win Indiana team with 10+ Q1/Q2 wins couples with zero bad losses playing in the best conference in America is going to get invited to the NCAAT.

If my stats are correct, before this season, 6 out 10 years of Fred's term as AD, the men's basketball team missed out on the NCAA tournament. And that number is probably 7 out of 11 after this season.

This should be absolutely vital at IU. After all, that would be the question asked of the AD at UNC, UCLA, Duke, KY, Kansas, etc...

All by design.

Where in the literal F*** did I say anything about IU winning on the road? IU is 16-9 currently with 3 home games left, all against Q1/Q2 opponents. If Indiana wins out at home, they're going to make the tournament regardless if they lose their remaining road games by a combined 1000 points. The bubble is atrociously weak this year and a 19 win Indiana team with 10+ Q1/Q2 wins couples with zero bad losses playing in the best conference in America is going to get invited to the NCAAT.
You act like this team is making the tournament. I wouldn’t let anyone in that can’t win road games.

Massive rebuild? Too funny. I mean with expectations like you have no wonder this program is awful. May as well give him 25 years . I never thought in a million years the.expectations at iu could get this low but boy was I wrong. I think we got our richard pitino in archie boys.

Really.....lol....nobody said 'massive rebuild' until year 3

There’s a simple explanation: The rebuild won’t begin until year 5.
Miller has all of his eggs in the now basket. That’s why this year is so critical. We should be moderately better next year, but then we start over after losing 4 of 5 starters (and that doesn’t include green or Davis)

Glass just used that as an excuse. The way this team lacks effort in games is just ridiculous. The way the scholarship players play especially on the road Archie should just play the walk-ons. They would give better effort and probably shoot better.

Please give me another blue blood program that hired a new coach (not on sanctions) one year removed from a conference title that has done worse. I’d love some examples. And then find some who got more than 3 years. Surely there’s several the way you’re talking.

This is historically bad.

Please give me another blue blood program that hired a new coach (not on sanctions) one year removed from a conference title that has done worse. I’d love some examples. And then find some who got more than 3 years. Surely there’s several the way you’re talking.

It’s bad of epic proportions. It’s getting harder and harder to watch.

Reactions: fpeaugh
By way of comparison, Jerry Palm at CBS has IU a 10 seed and Purdue First Four Out.

How about Rosie Palm and her five sisters?

I guess Jerry doesn’t watch IU basketball like we do, to know what’s coming.

Could they consider turning Assembly Hall into something useful like an indoor roller rink or giant bouncy house for kids?

lol. Crean finished 8th, 7th, 1st, and 10th his last fours years with exactly 2 NCAA appearances and 2 NCAA wins.

Friggin juggernaut! Haha. Again, Archie may suck but you don’t know why or how. Quit pretending like you know shit.

lol. Crean finished 8th, 7th, 1st, and 10th his last fours years with exactly 2 NCAA appearances and 2 NCAA wins.

Friggin juggernaut! Haha. Again, Archie may suck but you don’t know why or how. Quit pretending like you know shit.

Man, it's like we didn't lose two kids two the NBA and a third that averaged 17 in Blackman off that championship team before Archie got here.

Context is always nice as to why a team could struggle. But Feepaw always skips over that small detail.

Man, it's like we didn't lose two kids two the NBA and a third that averaged 17 in Blackman off that championship team before Archie got here.

Context is always nice as to why a team could struggle. But Feepaw always skips over that small detail.
It’s Year Three. The excuses are running out of credibility.

So you can’t come up with any examples?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT