ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Goode recruitment update

MikeHoncho69

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2018
According to Stockrisers.com, it seems as if IU is not pursuing Luke Goode.

"Goode listed several schools that are on him hard right now. That list includes: Northwestern, Maryland, Illinois, Michigan State, Xavier, Marquette, Louisville and Stanford involved.

Marquette, who he mentioned on that list, is a recent school that has gotten involved and the staff would like to get him up for a visit at some point.

When could we see movement in this recruitment? Goode: I will likely make a list cut early in the summer and take it from there."

Looks as if IU is all-in for Blake Wesley out of South Bend based on this information.

https://stockrisers.com/2020/03/02/four-star-junior-luke-goode-talks-recruitment-aau-expectations/

"Goode listed several schools that are on him hard right now. That list includes: Northwestern, Maryland, Illinois, Michigan State, Xavier, Marquette, Louisville and Stanford involved.

Marquette, who he mentioned on that list, is a recent school that has gotten involved and the staff would like to get him up for a visit at some point.

When could we see movement in this recruitment? Goode: I will likely make a list cut early in the summer and take it from there."

Looks as if IU is all-in for Blake Wesley out of South Bend based on this information.

https://stockrisers.com/2020/03/02/four-star-junior-luke-goode-talks-recruitment-aau-expectations/
I would assume he has good academics and if this is the case I would think Northwestern or Stanford would be the best place for Luke. He's got a good all around game and has been enjoyable to watch.

Luke Goode is very underrated and exactly what this team is missing. I have a bad feeling Purdue will end up with him after their signing of Furst.

Luke Goode is very underrated and exactly what this team is missing. I have a bad feeling Purdue will end up with him after their signing of Furst.
He didn't include Purdue as one of the schools involved in his recruitment. From what I've read, it seems he will end up out of state.

Wesley is looking elsewhere other than Indiana

I don't disagree, we could really use a player like Luke Goode. However, I think we already have a player on next year's roster who fits the mold: Anthony Leal.

What exactly does Goode do that we're missing?

The kid is shooting something like 32% from 3 this year. He's not a lights out shooter like some seem to think.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I think Archie narrows down his recruiting. He made a mistake with offering Henry and Anderson. I think he really wanted Henry but Anderson committed first. He doesn’t seem to want to make that mistake again.

A lot of Purdue fans want him, and a bunch of them think it's a sure thing if they push for it, problem is only 2 schollies for that year are available.... Any other year and they would be pressing hard for him. I think he's going to make us both regret not taking him.

Watched Luke Goode tonight. Northwestern U. Scout was there watching. Goode was not very impressive in 1st half against FW Wayne.

Reactions: Old Gold Boiler
As much as I think they’d like to get Patterson, from what I’m told the focus is on those 3. But I’d love to get him.

We're still very much on Patterson. He was in for a official and Archie was our to a game at the beginning of the year, which isn't easy to do during the season.

I think Archie narrows down his recruiting. He made a mistake with offering Henry and Anderson. I think he really wanted Henry but Anderson committed first. He doesn’t seem to want to make that mistake again.

This information is incorrect.
Henry saw Hunter as taking his place, that is why he went elsewhere. Anderson had nothing to do with his thinking.

Archie didn't make a mistake unless you feel that Anderson shouldn't have been taken, of course Purdue saw Anderson as theirs, so they must of have viewed him as having talent.

A lot of Purdue fans want him, and a bunch of them think it's a sure thing if they push for it, problem is only 2 schollies for that year are available.... Any other year and they would be pressing hard for him. I think he's going to make us both regret not taking him.

I don”t give a f. About a lot of pu fans. Find another place to spew your vermin.

This information is incorrect.
Henry saw Hunter as taking his place, that is why he went elsewhere. Anderson had nothing to do with his thinking.

Archie didn't make a mistake unless you feel that Anderson shouldn't have been taken, of course Purdue saw Anderson as theirs, so they must of have viewed him as having talent.
This is correct. Archie told Aaron Henry that there was a spot available for him if he wanted it. Henry declined and opted for Michigan State. That's all there is to it.

Damezi Anderson was a recruiting miss and that's ok. Not every single prospect works out according to plan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT