ADVERTISEMENT

Luke burns NA with seven 3pts

New Albany 4A Blackford 2A at New Albany go LUKE! lol!
Bloom doesn’t like him, IU does not have anybody that could hit 7 3s! Also look at his free throw %. But shooting fts at a D1 school is different, right Bloom?

Reactions: Remain
Well he can shoot the ball better than anyone on the team, and it’s not close.

Checked the story, he had 33 pts and Blackford won by a point. Sounds like the NA coach is a believer! FYI, I have no opinion never having seen the kid play, but it's easy to imagine him helping us with the way we struggle to shoot the ball.

I have heard Purdue was trying to get involved before he signed with Stetson but he didn’t want to wait it out.

FYI, I have no opinion never having seen the kid play, but it's easy to imagine him helping us with the way we struggle to shoot the ball.

Brown will struggle getting shots off in a mid-major setting as is, will get his lunch eaten against high level D1 athletes. Fantastic high school player, doesn't belong on a P5 court unless Stetson is collecting a check to take a drubbing.

Brown will struggle getting shots off in a mid-major setting as is, will get his lunch eaten against high level D1 athletes. Fantastic high school player, doesn't belong on a P5 court unless Stetson is collecting a check to take a drubbing.
How the heck do you know?

He has no problem getting his shot off with 2 guys on him most of the time, so I don’t necessarily agree with that.

Reactions: Lucy01
Good for him. Can he guard a fence post? Can he thrive in the help and recover of the pack line? In other words, is he another Matt Roth?

Good for him. Can he guard a fence post? Can he thrive in the help and recover of the pack line? In other words, is he another Matt Roth?
Matt Roth, Nick Ziesloft, Kyle Kuric, Jordy Hulls, James Blackmon. Same things were said at some point about all these players and I would love to see them step on the court right now. I won't mention any skilled Purdue players as that's against my religion. Skilled players have a place. I don't know about Luke Brown, but his type can produce in certain places. People overrate strength in basketball. Kevin Durant benched 135 and Reggie Miller never had anything to do with a bench and both were all stars. Ball players find a way and Luke Brown is a ball player. Stetson may be perfect for him, and more than likely, we will never know what he would do in Assembly.

Just like Brody Boyd struggled too. He killed teams and especially IU.

Brody Boyd had legitimate power 5 offers and was being recruited by several others. The fact that Luke Brown doesn’t have SINGLE one speaks volumes. His mid-major offer sheet as meh at best. Outside being from Indiana, I can’t fathom the hype that surrounds Luke Brown. He’s a very good high school player that has seemingly ducked (not by choice) good competition at nearly every level.

Just like Brody Boyd struggled too. He killed teams and especially IU.
Matt Roth, Nick Ziesloft, Kyle Kuric, Jordy Hulls, James Blackmon. Same things were said at some point about all these players and I would love to see them step on the court right now. I won't mention any skilled Purdue players as that's against my religion. Skilled players have a place. I don't know about Luke Brown, but his type can produce in certain places. People overrate strength in basketball. Kevin Durant benched 135 and Reggie Miller never had anything to do with a bench and both were all stars. Ball players find a way and Luke Brown is a ball player. Stetson may be perfect for him, and more than likely, we will never know what he would do in Assembly.
no he is Luke Brown he is a lot quicker than Matt Roth handle the ball better can pass the ball too time will tell

Reactions: Crayfish57
no he is Luke Brown he is a lot quicker than Matt Roth handle the ball better can pass the ball too time will tell
You have a bunch of assholes on here that are mad because he left Brownsburg, That’s why they don’t like him.

You have a bunch of assholes on here that are mad because he left Brownsburg, That’s why they don’t like him.
No Lucy they dont know talent it alway to small to slow but Luke is not to slow he might be small but not that small lol! but great player can be small i compare him to Steve Nash.

I remember Monti Towe . He was 5'3 ,and a lot of schools said he was to small for big time basketball . He went to North Carolina State where he started on a national championship team . I've never seen Brown play so I don't know how good he is , but size has nothing to do with the heart of a player . How tall is he , and how tall is Rob .

Brown could score in the Big..
But not like the lovers of him think.
But imo..He sold himself short on Setson..Outside of Florida weather..

Brody Boyd had legitimate power 5 offers and was being recruited by several others. The fact that Luke Brown doesn’t have SINGLE one speaks volumes. His mid-major offer sheet as meh at best. Outside being from Indiana, I can’t fathom the hype that surrounds Luke Brown. He’s a very good high school player that has seemingly ducked (not by choice) good competition at nearly every level.
I've said this before. I don't know if he can play at a high level. All I know is when I watched three or four of his games last year he got me excited about the game. He'd pull up from 25 and bam. He'd make a very good pass and bam. You find yourself rooting for him. He's like Steph Curry on the High School level.

Last edited:
Were you scratching your head that Jalen Blackmon signed with Grand Canyon? I was watching him a lot last yr before his injury. He and Luke Brown both had shots at reaching Damon Bailey's record.

I remember Monti Towe . He was 5'3 ,and a lot of schools said he was to small for big time basketball . He went to North Carolina State where he started on a national championship team . I've never seen Brown play so I don't know how good he is , but size has nothing to do with the heart of a player . How tall is he , and how tall is Rob .
Jay Burson? Little frail guy by basketball standards . Gave us fits. Given current state of things and being an Indiana kid I'd have taken a flyer . In todays world if he couldnt play here he would have transferred . You watch what he ends up doing

ADVERTISEMENT