ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Brown

Furst and Kaufman should go to the same school because they would play well together. Kaufman has range and Furst is a down low to mid range guy. I could see them doing some real damage together.

I don't disagree with you, but for some reason, they both think they need the same area of the floor to be affective. They're not gonna go to the same school.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I don't disagree with you, but for some reason, they both think they need the same area of the floor to be affective. They're not gonna go to the same school.
I keep seeing that on this board. Where does it come from? Did one of them actually say this or is it speculation? It seems to me like it's something a poster thought, stated it as though it were fact, and then other posters picked it up and repeated it thinking it's fact.

Reactions: Lucy01
I keep seeing that on this board. Where does it come from? Did one of them actually say this or is it speculation? It seems to me like it's something a poster thought, stated it as though it were fact, and then other posters picked it up and repeated it thinking it's fact.

It's been reported from people in the recruiting world.

It didn't come from a random poster.

I actually forgot the point about David being too tall to really serve. If you can't be on ships or subs then what are you going to do in the Navy?
We have communities other than unrestricted line officer (surface, submariner, aviator and SEAL) for which he was too tall. He did Civil Engineering in the Navy.

Last edited:
I don't recall the specifics of how things went after his playing career. I believe they approved an early discharge for him and maybe called him a Naval Ambassador or something. I think they felt he had done and continued to promote the Navy in a manner that was more than beneficial compared to actual service.
He did two years active duty after graduating. He played in the NBA after that.

Reactions: kkott
Luke Brown has mid major scholarship offers. The likelihood thay he would accept a walk on here isn't good at all.

And we're not gonna get a class full of all Indiana kids like you keep saying. Furst and Kaufman aren't gonna go to the same school.

IU has 3 scholarships, and my bet is that at least 2 are from Indiana High Schools. IU will get KL, either Kaufmann or Furst, and a shooter (very well may be from Indiana HS. IU needs a strong "wait and see" on Luke Brown.

IU has 3 scholarships, and my bet is that at least 2 are from Indiana High Schools. IU will get KL, either Kaufmann or Furst, and a shooter (very well may be from Indiana HS. IU needs a strong "wait and see" on Luke Brown.

We may get two Indiana kids. But we're not gonna get a class of Kaufman, Lander, Furst and Wesley.

Like I said, Kaufman and Furst, as of right now, don't want to go to the same school. Wesley is also becoming a long shot. He really is starting to like Notre Dame. And if Lander reclassified, he won't be in that class anyways, so there's a lot of moving variables.

And Luke Brown is not in a wait and see approach. He's not even being recruited here. He's not a option for the staff. Some need to understand and come to realize that.

We may get two Indiana kids. But we're not gonna get a class of Kaufman, Lander, Furst and Wesley.

Like I said, Kaufman and Furst, as of right now, don't want to go to the same school. Wesley is also becoming a long shot. He really is starting to like Notre Dame. And if Lander reclassified, he won't be in that class anyways, so there's a lot of moving variables.

And Luke Brown is not in a wait and see approach. He's not even being recruited here. He's not a option for the staff. Some need to understand and come to realize that.

I am with you on Luke Brown. I also agree that with only 3 scholarships, IU will not get those 4 players. IU signs 2 of them, and it is a very good recruiting year for the Indiana players.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT