ADVERTISEMENT

Luca Diamont

Jayruss1

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
Just saw video on him , his arm might already be stronger than his brother's

Hope we get involved with him early. Per his brother he's got what it takes to be Big Time (not a direct quote, I heard him say some version of this on a radio interview). Said it with conviction so it may be true.

Reactions: Jayruss1
Just saw video on him , his arm might already be stronger than his brother's
Big brother had some wheels and some moxie but he had the weakest arm I have ever seen on a Big 10 quarterback - make that power five quarterback.

Little brother is supposedly already bigger and stronger as just a sophomore in high school. I hope we pursue LD.

It seems that everyone has forgotten that there is a quarterback from Florida, Nick Tronti, who was Mr. football this past season. And yes he is only a two-star player but that didn't seem to make a lot of sense either. I am very excited about Nick's future with the Hoosiers.

Reactions: ESalum86
It seems that everyone has forgotten that there is a quarterback from Florida, Nick Tronti, who was Mr. football this past season. And yes he is only a two-star player but that didn't seem to make a lot of sense either. I am very excited about Nick's future with the Hoosiers.
I don't think anyone is forgetting about him but you absolutely have to have depth at that position.

I don't think anyone is forgetting about him but you absolutely have to have depth at that position.
Especially if part of the offense involves having the quarterback tuck the ball and run.

I think LD is at least two classes behind NT so there's no real overlap conflict there.

Most big time programs take at least one and often two QBs in each class.

Between injuries, defections, "life events" and just plain not panning out, you'd better have some quality depth that's being groomed to play or you're in a bind when any of the above occurs.

Right now the only players on the roster who've thrown a pass in a Hoosier uniform, other than Richard Lagow, are a linebacker and a fullback.

He is 1" taller and 165 lbs right now, so 6'2" 165 lbs verified by Nike camp

Reactions: 76-1

Much like his brother, he needs to do some real bulking up prior to taking any NCAA FBS level hits. Fortunately, he still has time to do so. Needs to train with someone who can put some muscle on him (as in at least 37lbs of muscle). Whatever they are eating in that household needs some serious supplementing...

Last edited:
His bro never could gain any weight, I'll bet a $100 it's the same story with this kid.

Nothing like a low rep, heavy weight (relative to what you're capable of lifting) 3x a week weight workout plus some high calorie meals 5x a day.

My guess is they've got that 1960's mindset that weight training will screw up your (pick one) throwing motion, shot, swing, etc. Temporarily (for a day), it does, but as long as you keep throwing, shooting, swinging, etc..., on your off days, plus roll in at least one or two of complete rest days for your arms/shoulders/elbows, your throwing motion will not only be fine, you'll be able to throw it further and actually have a chance of surviving a big time hit.

By complete rest days I mean one, at minimum, preferably two where you're doing no arm work at all. So, you're looking at lifting on say: M,W,F running & throwing on T&Th, then just running on either S or Sun taking one (Or both) of those days off completely. You only need to do this as a high schooler for 6 months out of the year to see significant gains (say Dec, Jan, Feb then April & May, June).

Just hope his brother reads this...

Last edited:
I wouldn't offer unless he gets to 190 pounds and keeps his speed. Ik we offered Black but that kid shows much more promise in putting on weight than Luca does at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT