ADVERTISEMENT

Lt Col Ralph Peters Quits Fox, Calls it Propaganda machine

Exactly. A scandal a day and then move on. No indepth reporting on anything, except for Hillary's emails. Day after day after day.
Once again, she deserved that coverage, and a significant number of people understood why it was not a nothing-burger. On the other side we had a disgusting SOB running for President and he got covered appropriately for that. We’ve never been faced with two worse choices in a Presidential race in my lifetime.

Once again, she deserved that coverage, and a significant number of people understood why it was not a nothing-burger. On the other side we had a disgusting SOB running for President and he got covered appropriately for that. We’ve never been faced with two worse choices in a Presidential race in my lifetime.
These false dichotomies....NO ONE says it's a nothing burger. Many people , including much of the media now, think the media coverage was excessive. Hillary Clinton was extremely qualified and would have made a fine president.

These false dichotomies....NO ONE says it's a nothing burger. Many people , including much of the media now, think the media coverage was excessive. Hillary Clinton was extremely qualified and would have made a fine president.
I didn’t equate them. I do doubt that she’d have been a “fine President” though. I think she’d have been a subpar President, but much less embarrassing than Trump. She’d definitely be more Republican than Trump on trade and that would be a very good thing.

Some here did say the email issue was a nothing-burger.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I didn’t equate them. I do doubt that she’d have been a “fine President” though. I think she’d have been a subpar President, but much less embarrassing than Trump. She’d definitely be more Republican than Trump on trade and that would be a very good thing.

Some here did say the email issue was a nothing-burger.
Pedantic correction: technically not true. "Nothingburger" was coined after the Hillary thing (at least on this forum). Some posters may have downplayed the seriousness of the "scandal," but no one called it a "nothingburger." I only offer that correction because of my deep and abiding hatred of the word "nothingburger."

Reactions: RBB89
Pedantic correction: technically not true. "Nothingburger" was coined after the Hillary thing (at least on this forum). Some posters may have downplayed the seriousness of the "scandal," but no one called it a "nothingburger." I only offer that correction because of my deep and abiding hatred of the word "nothingburger."

For me, the word "nothingburger" replaced "sheeple" as the word indicating the author is 100% wrong. Something about that word makes me so very angry. Uhm, just sounds totally wrong.

Reactions: meridian
Ironically, I've noticed recently that FNC's online platforms have shifted away from all-pro-Trump-all-the-time. More Trump-negative stories being shared on Twitter, more Trump-negative stories headlining the front page of the website. I'm not sure if that's reflective of a shift on TV, but it's definitely been noticeable online.
You read Fox News? I am surprised. It's also ironic because people keep saying I watch or read it. And I don't. I actually had to think about who this Peters was.

For me, the word "nothingburger" replaced "sheeple" as the word indicating the author is 100% wrong. Something about that word makes me so very angry. Uhm, just sounds totally wrong.

I use frequently use “nothingburger”. Most of the time I use as a synonym for “IDM” which I have also used. I don’t use it to suggest the point being made is 100% wrong, it means the point is 100% irrelevant.

I use frequently use “nothingburger”. Most of the time I use as a synonym for “IDM” which I have also used. I don’t use it to suggest the point being made is 100% wrong, it means the point is 100% irrelevant.
Sorry I was unclear, I mean to say your point (and anyone else's point that uses the word) is wrong. There is something about that word that subtracts value from the words surrounding it. Much as "sheeple" does (oh, and sock puppet).

You read Fox News? I am surprised. It's also ironic because people keep saying I watch or read it. And I don't. I actually had to think about who this Peters was.
Name three sources that you consider credible from which you get news.

This is good.... I never liked Peters when I watched back in the day.... struck me as a guy hungry to make a name for himself on the tv circuit. He has said plenty of off the wall things through the years. Some right some wrong. But all of these talking heads have a personal monetary reason for these parting resignation letters.... I look at these hosts like Alyson Camarato that left Fox and went to CNN. It’s like she rolled out of bed after getting up on the right side of the bed for 16 years and started getting up on the left. Kiran Chetry was the same..... it’s a game and money is the prize. I don’t get worked up over it.
What a surprise!;)

This is amazing. This plus the leak about the conversation with Putin tells me that what’s left of the pub establishment is finally waking up to what a threat this guy is. And, they’re willing to risk things to say it. It’s that dire for them now.

What took so damn long? Serious question.
It's just one man. One man does not wake up the pub establishment. They have a long way to go; they are too deep in the mud.:(

Are you being honest?
If you don't read Fox News, where do you get all those wacky ideas you have been posting? Just reading Breitbart News won't be enough.

Reactions: cosmickid
Name three sources that you consider credible from which you get news.
I actually just go on the internet. Drudge is a linking site to many other sites. I know a few weeks ago I put a NY Times article on here. I got that article from Drudge. I am being completely honest about Fox News. I haven't watched it in quite a long time. For one thing we cut the cable last June.

I actually just go on the internet. Drudge is a linking site to many other sites. I know a few weeks ago I put a NY Times article on here. I got that article from Drudge. I am being completely honest about Fox News. I haven't watched it in quite a long time. For one thing we cut the cable last June.
Unsurprisingly, that's quite the Sarah Palin answer.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself.
I have not heard a thing he has said in well over a year. But from reading his letter I have a lot of questions for him. So he buys this Russian collusion as true? What exact evidence is there for it that he would leave Fox because of it? At least this is how I read his letter that was posted here. Has he ever said anything about Hillary Clinton colluding with Steele who had Russian contacts who helped him write this dossier about all the whizzing?

I have not heard a thing he has said in well over a year. But from reading his letter I have a lot of questions for him. So he buys this Russian collusion as true? What exact evidence is there for it that he would leave Fox because of it? At least this is how I read his letter that was posted here. Has he ever said anything about Hillary Clinton colluding with Steele who had Russian contacts who helped him write this dossier about all the whizzing?
LOL. It has to be physically painful to twist yourself into that sort of knot just so you can #ButHillary a post.

Reactions: meridian
Oh Van, another but Hillary post. Lol.

Not only did HRC NOT collude with Steele-they have never met.If the Clinton campaign had not chosen Fusion when they decided to investigate Trump/Russia Steele would never have been involved.

The "connection" between Fusion and Steele is that Fusion (creator) Glen Simpson knew Steele because they both shared an interest in investigating Russian Organized crime AND Putin.They had met yrs earlier when both were involved in the FBI's investigation into the Russian Mob and FIFA.So when Simpson was hired to investigate possible relationships between Trump/Putin he called Steele,because he knew Steele had the network of informants inside Russia to dig up the details.

Again-Steele is ANTI PUTIN.There are indications that some of the folks who provided him with info have ended up dead or in prison in Russia.While the reports Steele filed detailed events that sometimes painted Trump/associates in a bad light,the main focus of the reports is on how Putin coordinated an assault on the 2016 election.

It exposes Putin and some of his cronies,and in that process it also exposes anyone who aided Putin.That's why people like Page,Manafort and Cohen appear in the reports-they were (In the cases of Page and Cohen) either travelling in Russia during that summer of 2016 or else possibly making trips to areas of Europe where Russian agents were operating.Those folks are being investigated for the choices they made and the actions THEY took...

Not only did HRC NOT collude with Steele-they have never met.If the Clinton campaign had not chosen Fusion when they decided to investigate Trump/Russia Steele would never have been involved.

The "connection" between Fusion and Steele is that Fusion (creator) Glen Simpson knew Steele because they both shared an interest in investigating Russian Organized crime AND Putin.They had met yrs earlier when both were involved in the FBI's investigation into the Russian Mob and FIFA.So when Simpson was hired to investigate possible relationships between Trump/Putin he called Steele,because he knew Steele had the network of informants inside Russia to dig up the details.

Again-Steele is ANTI PUTIN.There are indications that some of the folks who provided him with info have ended up dead or in prison in Russia.While the reports Steele filed detailed events that sometimes painted Trump/associates in a bad light,the main focus of the reports is on how Putin coordinated an assault on the 2016 election.

It exposes Putin and some of his cronies,and in that process it also exposes anyone who aided Putin.That's why people like Page,Manafort and Cohen appear in the reports-they were (In the cases of Page and Cohen) either travelling in Russia during that summer of 2016 or else possibly making trips to areas of Europe where Russian agents were operating.Those folks are being investigated for the choices they made and the actions THEY took...
Nah, they all worked for Hillary.;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT