ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs IU....

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
IU has 3 hits and 1 run. They have only hit 2 balls out of the infield all night. Again the Strikeout is not our friend. We have struck out 9 times, 8 against their starter. LSU probably has one of the best teams in college baseball this year. Tough to judge our team on tonight's performance. Hope we can get some things going tomorrow in the double header. Tigers lead 7-1 going to the bottom of the 7th.
Go Hoosiers getter goin'

The only thing that drives me crazier than constant strikeouts is lousy defense. Tonight we had both. Gotta flush this one, take a shower, and come back tomorrow completely re-focused.

Reactions: 82IU
Just got home and checked the score, and box score. Not a great start, but not surprising. Not only going against a really good team in LSU, but the Friday night starter. I was curious to see who would be ours. I really don't think Sommer is a number one but if he is the best we have, could be a long year. We have been spoiled, tho, with Milto and Stiever the past 2 years.

Reactions: 82IU and mk23
Just got home and checked the score, and box score. Not a great start, but not surprising. Not only going against a really good team in LSU, but the Friday night starter. I was curious to see who would be ours. I really don't think Sommer is a number one but if he is the best we have, could be a long year. We have been spoiled, tho, with Milto and Stiever the past 2 years.

Sommer has to have good location and was relatively effective last night when he did. When he left the change up in the zone LSU deposited it over the wall with 2 homers for 5 runs.

Hitting against good pitching really shows the “northern” disadvantage, and last night was a perfect example.

Also injuries to Macciocchi (looked like hamstring) & Litwicki (grimaced after a pitch and was immediately lifted) struck to cap a bad night. Litwicki has fought his way back from TJ surgery coming out of High School and pitched well in the fall and reportedly this winter, hope this isn’t serious.

The only thing that drives me crazier than constant strikeouts is lousy defense. Tonight we had both. Gotta flush this one, take a shower, and come back tomorrow completely re-focused.
Yeah, they certainly could have played better. It's the season opener, so hopefully they can get rid of some of those early jitters.

Reactions: mk23
Took the time to listen to Coach Mercer's post game interview this morning. Damn, the game of baseball has really evolved. I almost felt like I needed to go to a clinic to brush up on modern baseball and terminology. Bottom line (for me) is we've got an awfully good guy leading this crew. He clearly understands and coaches nuance and does it with a positive spin that surely builds confidence in his guys. I'd love to see us get a split today!

Reactions: RBB89 and snowling
ADVERTISEMENT