ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville's YUM Arena may become $1 billion debt for KY taxpayers

That is BS. There was zero justification to demolish 22-yr-old RCA. The convention center could have been built to the south, southeast or southwest without tearing down the stadium. What Fred Glass did was cowardly groveling to the Irsay goon.

640px-RCA_Dome_satellite_view.png

LOL Right. You do realize building that stadium brought the Super Bowl which alone brought about half of the cost of the stadium to the state by way of economic boom that comes with being the host.

To that, it has offered a MUCH better venue capable of holding more things.

Stadiums rarely pay for themselves and the jobs they create are low wage ones.

Stadiums rarely pay for themselves and the jobs they create are low wage ones.

Local restaurants and business owners getting a business boom during the super bowl and on game days. All the small businesses getting parking income. Local hotels fill up. It all depends upon what you are referencing as to what pays for itself. Low wage jobs are also OK. The people working them would agree.

Local restaurants and business owners getting a business boom during the super bowl and on game days. All the small businesses getting parking income. Local hotels fill up. It all depends upon what you are referencing as to what pays for itself. Low wage jobs are also OK. The people working them would agree.

There have been several studies done that show stadiums don’t pay for themselves. Lucas Oil Stadium cost over $700 million, with most of the funding from the taxpayer. Imagine the economic impact if citizens had been able to keep their money instead of lining Irsay’s pockets.

LOL Right. You do realize building that stadium brought the Super Bowl which alone brought about half of the cost of the stadium to the state by way of economic boom that comes with being the host.

To that, it has offered a MUCH better venue capable of holding more things.
Yeah, but the first $3.5 million of revenue from non-Colts events goes to Irsay. Hoosier taxpayers got royally screwed.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/36743-lucas-oil-stadium-meeting-revenue-expectations

Reactions: IUgradman
I think $700 million would have been better spent attracting high wage businesses or improving schools and infrastructure.

You mean like the NCAA? SalesForce? Super Bowl? Final Fours? B10 Football Championship?

Never mind the constant conventions that happen every year. Gen Con? Black Expo?

You haven’t set foot in Indy in a decade have you?

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Yeah, but the first $3.5 million of revenue from non-Colts events goes to Irsay. Hoosier taxpayers got royally screwed.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/36743-lucas-oil-stadium-meeting-revenue-expectations

LOL

That article is from SIX YEARS ago....

It caps at 3.5 million. You do know that the B10 Championship football game from 2015 generated 17 million on ITS OWN....right? Forget final fours, forget concerts......JUST THE B10 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP.....makes Lucas Oil worth it.

https://fox59.com/2015/12/04/big-te...-millions-of-dollars-to-city-of-indianapolis/

And that's 3 years ago.

You people with the "Taxpayers got screwed" LOL.....Let me guess, you are over 55 and you don't want your "hard earned dollars blah blah blah". Go live in Kentucky......

There have been several studies done that show stadiums don’t pay for themselves. Lucas Oil Stadium cost over $700 million, with most of the funding from the taxpayer. Imagine the economic impact if citizens had been able to keep their money instead of lining Irsay’s pockets.

You know what would happen? NOTHING. See Indianapolis in the 1980s.

LOL

It caps at 3.5 million. You do know that the B10 Championship football game from 2015 generated 17 million on ITS OWN....right? Forget final fours, forget concerts......JUST THE B10 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP.....makes Lucas Oil worth it.

https://fox59.com/2015/12/04/big-te...-millions-of-dollars-to-city-of-indianapolis/

And that's 3 years ago.

You people with the "Taxpayers got screwed" LOL.....Let me guess, you are over 55 and you don't want your "hard earned dollars blah blah blah". Go live in Kentucky......
You guys are confused. The RCA Dome had four final fours. The NCAA didn't start coming here when Lucas was built. Where would the B1G championship game be played if Lucas wasn't built? At the RCA Dome, of course.

Most of these events were coming to Indy when the RCA Dome and old convention center were built. And Irsay wasn't getting a cut.

You guys are confused. The RCA Dome had four final fours. The NCAA didn't start coming here when Lucas was built. Where would the B1G championship game be played if Lucas wasn't built? At the RCA Dome, of course.

Most of these events were coming to Indy when the RCA Dome and old convention center were built. And Irsay wasn't getting a cut.

How many big time college bowl games did RCA host in 22 years? Zero. What in the world changed since then? hmmmmmm..........maybe the same change has something to do with the super bowl coming to Indy. Which RCA never hosted in 22 years.

You do know the NCAA moved its headquarters to Indy during this waste of taxpayer money right? I wonder if this waste of taxpayer money helped them with their decision.

And after trying Chicago, New York, and Washington DC.....the B10 Basketball tourney is coming back to Indy. I guess because of the huge waste of tax dollars they want to see.

Chicago. Detroit. Minnesota. Milwaukee. Indy is easily the best choice because of how much taxpayer money it wasted.

Irsay gets NOTHING from the conventions. And only 3.5 million from Lucas Oil. Which again, the B10 Football Championship will bring in close to 20 million by itself.

When is the last time you have been to Indianapolis? Really. I hope you are not bitching about this from some far away spot because its "your" money.

Last edited:

Never had a super bowl until Lucas Oil was built as well as a big ten championship game. Also without Lucas Oil there would be no more Colts because they would have moved to LA. I would guess that you are not from the Indy area and don't remember what downtown and the suburbs were like before the Colts moved to town.

2021 national championship football game game will be played in Lucas Oil stadium
Whup whup whup. I asked for a list of the big time college bowl games played in LOS. Please respond by providing a list of the big time college bowl games that have been played in LOS.

Whup whup whup. I asked for a list of the big time college bowl games played in LOS. Please respond by providing a list of the big time college bowl games that have been played in LOS.
I just did and it will be the biggest game in that year. There has not been other b owl games but big ten championship games every year and without Lucas Oil Stadium none of these games would have been in Indy. Again do you even live in Indiana or are you just bitching to be bitching. I remember what downtown Indy use to be like before the Colts moved to town and it was a ghost town with nothing worth going to. Since then we have built a state of the art minor league baseball stadium, a new great zoo, many museums, BLF, the NCAA headquarters and many high rise buildings. That is just downtown and the growth in the suburbs especially north has been huge and a lot of that can be from the Colts moving here.

Yes it is one of the best NFL stadiums in the country. Most people say that Indy is the best city hosting huge events like the final four and the super bowl.
And they were back in the days of the RCA Dome. F*O*U*R final fours in the RCA Dome. Why tear it down, other than Irsay greed?

And they were back in the days of the RCA Dome. F*O*U*R final fours in the RCA Dome. Why tear it down, other than Irsay greed?
Because if they did not build it the Colts would no longer be in Indy and that would destroy Indy. It was outdated and only held 58,500 and had not luxury boxes and if you don't keep up with others you will fall behind. Just like on college campuses with all the upgrades to practice facilities and weight rooms or locker rooms. You have to do these upgrades to compete with other teams that are building bigger and better facilities. What good would the RCA Dome have been if it was empty and decaying, instead they tore it down to add on to the convention center.

Also I still see that you haven't answered the question on whether or not that you live near Indy.

Because if they did not build it the Colts would no longer be in Indy and that would destroy Indy.
(1) Show me where Irsay threatened to move the Colts out if he didn't get a new stadium. Take your time, Google is your friend. I defy you to come up with just one link in which Irsay even hinted that he'd move the Colts elsewhere without a new stadium.

(2) Indy and the CC were virtually packed with events in the RCA Dome. LOS hasn't done anything to improve that.

(3) Have you ever lived outside of Indy? Is Indy your entire world and universe? Tell us where you have lived outside of Indiana.

Please go to your link and copy and paste all of the Big Time college bowl games that have been played at LOS.

Every B10 Championship game ever.

And the national title game in 2021.

And what did RCA host again?

Oh, to pay off those greedy colts apparently only takes one Keeny Chesney concert.

Now, please show me all the “hardship” caused by Lucas Oil. Granted I hate country music so you could list Chesney again

Reactions: UncleMark
(1) Show me where Irsay threatened to move the Colts out if he didn't get a new stadium. Take your time, Google is your friend. I defy you to come up with just one link in which Irsay even hinted that he'd move the Colts elsewhere without a new stadium.

(2) Indy and the CC were virtually packed with events in the RCA Dome. LOS hasn't done anything to improve that.

(3) Have you ever lived outside of Indy? Is Indy your entire world and universe? Tell us where you have lived outside of Indiana.

1. Wrong - https://www.wthr.com/article/kravit...ome-to-relocating-in-la-closer-than-you-think
2. Wrong - Super Bowl? College Football? Gen Con? Black Expo?
3. Marian County pays the vast majority of this. If you live outside Indy, your opinion is worth what now?

Every B10 Championship game ever.

And the national title game in 2021.

And what did RCA host again?

Oh, to pay off those greedy colts apparently only takes one Keeny Chesney concert.

Now, please show me all the “hardship” caused by Lucas Oil. Granted I hate country music so you could list Chesney again
To be fair, the BIG championship game didn't exist during the RCA days.

Because if they did not build it the Colts would no longer be in Indy and that would destroy Indy. It was outdated and only held 58,500 and had not luxury boxes and if you don't keep up with others you will fall behind. Just like on college campuses with all the upgrades to practice facilities and weight rooms or locker rooms. You have to do these upgrades to compete with other teams that are building bigger and better facilities. What good would the RCA Dome have been if it was empty and decaying, instead they tore it down to add on to the convention center.

Also I still see that you haven't answered the question on whether or not that you live near Indy.

What do you care if the Colts leave Indy? They stink!

Never had a QB and never will! They were better off in Baltimore if you ask me!

Reactions: Quix0te

What I thought you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to Indy. If you had lived around here around the time when the cities agreement with the Colts was about to expire you would have heard all the rumors about the Colts moving.

What do you care if the Colts leave Indy? They stink!

Never had a QB and never will! They were better off in Baltimore if you ask me!
They only had one of the all time QB's and reached two Super Bowls and winning one but if that is not good enough then I don't know what to tell you. Also they had the winningest decade of all time but they stink according to you. No wonder I use to put you on ignore because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Reactions: crayfish67
They only had one of the all time QB's and reached two Super Bowls and winning one but if that is not good enough then I don't know what to tell you. Also they had the winningest decade of all time but they stink according to you. No wonder I use to put you on ignore because you have no idea what you are talking about.

I think he's just trolling you here.

"Never had a QB"? I know a number of people who loathe Peyton Manning. But not a single one of them has ever said he wasn't a great QB. They'll say that Brady's better (which is hard to argue against...although I do think it's debatable) or something along those lines.

And, on top of that, Harbaugh wasn't awful (but he wasn't great, either). Luck's had his moments. But, unfortunately, the old regime seemed far more concerned with giving him multiple targets than giving him reliable protection. And, as such, he's missed a lot of games, played hurt a lot of games, and might never be able to reach his pre-injury potential. Sad deal, there.

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravit...ome-to-relocating-in-la-closer-than-you-think
Here is one and I can find others if you wish.

Did you read what I said? One more time, read it slowly and allow it to sink in this time.

Show me where Irsay threatened to move the Colts out. Show me one single link in which Colts owner Jim I*R*S*A*Y threatened to move the Colts out of Indy if he didn't have a new stadium. Do you understand this time?

Why so mad bro?

You don’t live in Indiana, why do care again?

LOL

And that's 3 years ago.

Was with you till that last paragraph... No need to get nasty you young whipper snapper... Telling anyone on here to go live in Kentuck (that's what we old timers call it;)) is way out of bounds! :rolleyes:

The tax dollars of all of us "over" 55 folk built much of the infrastructure, schools, and amenities that your generation are currently utilizing... Wanting to get a break after decades of getting soaked seems reasonable to me.

If you young guys are so keen on paying for stuff why don't we get the legislature to put a hard cap on paying taxes "after 55" and we'll let you young fellows double down on your philanthropy and civic duty? ;) ?!?:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT