ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Hospitals Are So Overwhelmed

Can you identify those that didn’t have a chance to die from it so you can tell them not to worry about getting the shot, wearing a mask, social distancing, etc? I hope I wasn’t one of them or its been a big waste for me…🙁
We should factor in the ages too, because even with the variants, people of working age have remained much safer than people 70+, so shouldn’t some showing be required of exactly how much damage these unvaccinated people are actually causing in the hospitals before firing them - not just a bunch of generalized blanket statements induced by fear and bad data interpretation? Otherwise, they are being fired without cause, which is legal in private, non-union workplaces - but has unemployment consequences. Any job that requires “cause” to terminate? Unlikely, because there is zero DATA indicating that these unvaccinated people who are now getting sick and/or dying are getting Covid from encountering unvaccinated health care workers at health care facilities. Also, absent such data, this edict is about regulating off-work behavior. Do these companies fire drinkers? Meat-eaters? People with relatives who smoke? Or died from cancer? Pot smokers? Gang members? What are the numbers about public harm and individual comparative risks between these groups? Do we care? Do we want employers to be permitted to do this in ONLY pandemics? Or every day and every issue?

At its core, is this STILL just a Trump/anti-Trump battle? or just fear? Or is it about measurable public health risk?

Let the sun shine on these issues and tell the gavel whackers to cool their jets while we try and separate truth from abuse.

Should medical people have MMR vaccines, and the other vaccines we currently require? What is the difference?

A lot of colleges now require meningitis vaccine, is that wrong?

Does freedom mean medical workers should be allowed to come in with a cold, flu, hep c? Why should their right to be paid not exist because of hepatitis?

Where is this line that you see COVID so clearly on the other side? What percentage of fatalities would make you say, yep, that is dangerous enough.
All of those are different issues that were based on different data and facts.

What were the numbers? I really don’t know.

In those cases, did the CDC or FDA or the Fauci-o-day vacillate and change their minds repeatedly while guiding the nation through a crisis? Did they Create confusion about important issues - or worse, intentionally politicize those issues like a bunch of vote whores? I don’t know. But to say “Washington vaccinated at Valley Forge” is certainly not enough to rule every case and disease.

i know my parents got me vaccinated by choice, and I vaccinated my kids. But Did 98+% of the folks survive those other diseases?

I got my shot - but I’m not willing to fire (or worse) people who choose differently on the current facts.

And before I fire a nurse who I encouraged to WORK THROUGH PRE-VACCINE COVID voluntarily and take those risks, after telling them and the world the masks, visors and paper suits were safe, I think I want more info.

Is this action an admission that those folks were working unsafely and causing Covid deaths before vaccines were available? I bet the medical companies say no. They’ll say “we believe vaccination limits spread OUTSIDE THE HOSPITALS and we want to require our employees to vaccinate to make the workplace/hospitals safer indirectly.”

Id like to know if ANYBODY ANYWHERE has proof that anybody got Covid from b around masked and visored and haz-mat suited medical personnel.

Or maybe the masking and washing and haz-mat suiting REALLY WERE safe and all the HOA Committee members now just want to also be self-appointed health care commissars and throw their weight around?

Have these decisions REALLY been well considered? Or is this just a power trip by power addicts?

Frankly, if there are still people in any decision-making positions who argued Covid spread to and in the US solely because Trump didn’t issue a travel ban early enough, I don’t trust any conclusion those fools would reach on how to pour piss out of a boot.

But firing people (which arbitrators call “the workplace death penalty”) over vaccination choices is pretty severe absent proof they cause the harm we are trying remedy.

What off-work behavior are we willing to allow employers to regulate for us? And do ALL the facts matter?

OH SNAP, this is a great comment. The unions have all switched to only care about those who make Masks. This could not be more accurate and POWERFUL, about today's union intent (cough teachers union cough). Leading sheep is really that simple, they are natural followers. (I'm a former union sheep, once reformed, BTW).
Since we are talking about Indiana, just how powerful do you think the (cough) ISTA (cough) is nowadays? Hint: don't worry, they're not coming to get you and your stuff, Baby Joey.

Since we are talking about Indiana, just how powerful do you think the (cough) ISTA (cough) is nowadays? Hint: don't worry, they're not coming to get you and your stuff, Baby Joey.
I thought grandpa called him little Joey?

Should medical people have MMR vaccines, and the other vaccines we currently require? What is the difference?

A lot of colleges now require meningitis vaccine, is that wrong?

Does freedom mean medical workers should be allowed to come in with a cold, flu, hep c? Why should their right to be paid not exist because of hepatitis?

Where is this line that you see COVID so clearly on the other side? What percentage of fatalities would make you say, yep, that is dangerous enough.
We always react to the magnitude of the threat. MMR is not a big threat now so no requirement for the vaccine. I think a lot of places would require a vaccine (if there was one) for any disease that became a big threat like covid. Don't most hospitals require a flu shot?

Are third-world people allowed to comment? Even JohnnyDoeBoiler? If these antivaccers would have been disciplined earlier, many now dead, might still be alive.
If you are vaccinated, why worry about the unvaccinated? Doesn’t your vaccine work!

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
Based on your link, the numbers involved sound insignificant.
Wheat >>> chaff

'Survival of the fittest/sane

'Sometimes you're the bug/unvaccinated, & sometimes you're the windshield/sane/vaccinated'

'Just say no, to those who want to work unvaccinated'

'If it's orange/unvaccinated, flush it down'

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
If you are vaccinated, why worry about the unvaccinated? Doesn’t your vaccine work!
Because knowingly & unknowingly, they/carriers still spread the virus. :O I see you banned & alienated all regular posters on the Purdue board, & have come to the IU board to cause trouble. Get the mental help (psychiatrist & meds) you need, before it's too late.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I just think it’s funny that you compare the enforcement of mask wearing to being a tyrant. Really, what cruel punishment is in play here? Are you people that soft?
Again, no defense for the policy itself. I did not say they were tyrants, I said they were stupid. You agree, because you have had multiple chances to defend the actual policy and you can't, so you want to talk about other things.

If they wanted to force masks all day, I think that would be equally stupid but it would at least make some sense. Requiring them for the shortest period of the day and being willing to fire employees over a couple minutes a day is stupid. "Well it is dumb that the employee doesn't just put it on..." And that is the point where there are quite a few people who are over the mask Karens as well. The science does not support what this business is doing, so this rule is merely a comply because we said so.

Because knowingly & unknowingly, they/carriers still spread the virus. :O I see you banned & alienated all regular posters on the Purdue board, & have come to the IU board to cause trouble. Get the mental help (psychiatrist & meds) you need, before it's too late.
Who are you?

• Haha
Very few studies on rate of transmission after vax

This one says the vax reduces the transmission by at least 50%...We could argue that a lower transmission rate merely means it will take you longer before you get exposed, but you will STILL get exposed.

It looks like viral load is significantly reduced (ie- lower chance of transmission) in the vaccinated UNLESS the vax didn't "take" (ie- breakthru infection) Rate of break thru infection is only about 2%

This article also points out the lies about masks perpetuated by the CDC and why their lies have led to distrust and vaccine resistance. Most of their recommendations are not supported by the data. Towards the end of the article, graphs illustrate the real risk of CoViD compared to other disease risks. (BFD)

Keep in mind that stats only apply to the group, not the individual...The death rate for the group may be 0.001%, but if YOU die, then YOUR death rate is 100%....It seems to me that if you're under 65, your need for vax is minimal (but do you want to be the one), while over 65, it may be justified BUT- even then, natural immunity is probably more durable, and the vax may only temporarily reduce your risk, leaving you vulnerable again when you're even older and even more vulnerable.

There's just too many variables and too few data for a One Size Fits All edict. Make up your own mind.

This one says the vax reduces the transmission by at least 50%...We could argue that a lower transmission rate merely means it will take you longer before you get exposed, but you will STILL get exposed.

It looks like viral load is significantly reduced (ie- lower chance of transmission) in the vaccinated UNLESS the vax didn't "take" (ie- breakthru infection) Rate of break thru infection is only about 2%

This article also points out the lies about masks perpetuated by the CDC and why their lies have led to distrust and vaccine resistance. Most of their recommendations are not supported by the data. Towards the end of the article, graphs illustrate the real risk of CoViD compared to other disease risks. (BFD)

Keep in mind that stats only apply to the group, not the individual...The death rate for the group may be 0.001%, but if YOU die, then YOUR death rate is 100%....It seems to me that if you're under 65, your need for vax is minimal (but do you want to be the one), while over 65, it may be justified BUT- even then, natural immunity is probably more durable, and the vax may only temporarily reduce your risk, leaving you vulnerable again when you're even older and even more vulnerable.

There's just too many variables and too few data for a One Size Fits All edict. Make up your own mind.
My reading of the article isn't about the CDC spreading lies. Instead because the CDC recommends vaccinated people still wear masks that people interpret this as masks offering protection to the point where vaccinations aren't necessary.

My take could be wrong.

• Haha

It's because of deniers like you, there's a constant run on body bags & toe tags. Please don't get vaccinated.

Survival of the fittest/sane

Doc Meeks

Again, no defense for the policy itself. I did not say they were tyrants, I said they were stupid. You agree, because you have had multiple chances to defend the actual policy and you can't, so you want to talk about other things.

If they wanted to force masks all day, I think that would be equally stupid but it would at least make some sense. Requiring them for the shortest period of the day and being willing to fire employees over a couple minutes a day is stupid. "Well it is dumb that the employee doesn't just put it on..." And that is the point where there are quite a few people who are over the mask Karens as well. The science does not support what this business is doing, so this rule is merely a comply because we said so.
We need to give all the antivaccers/tRump worshippers their own state. We'll call it tRumpville. They will be locked up forever in this state, & may never travel outside the state.

Let them eat Clorox & dewormer, cake is for the sane

Doc Meeks

Do you sometimes go by the handle Dan Dakich? How's the Clorox & dewormer working? My vaccine works a hell of a lot better than Clorox & cattle dewormer. Maybe your flea collar is too tight again? There's a shortage of dewormer & Clorox, but not a shortage of tRump worshippers willing to die for their Dear Orange Leader.

If tRump recommended asbestos & brake fluid for the flu, would you take it?

Yikes, save the vaccine for the sane

Mr. Ed

Do you wash your hands after you take a dump? But the mask, social distancing & vaccines are bad?

Hmm, do you chase cats, cars & your tail? Hmm, maybe you should take the dewormer, but skip the Clorox, for now.

Yikes

Doc Meeks

Do you wash your hands after you take a dump? But the mask, social distancing & vaccines are bad?

Hmm, do you chase cats, cars & your tail? Hmm, maybe you should take the dewormer, but skip the Clorox, for now.

Yikes

Doc Meeks
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT