ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Game Question

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
I bought my season tickets yesterday. The ticket office online also had a purchase option for the Louisville game at Lucas Oil Stadium so I went ahead and ordered. But when I went to checkout there was no fee for it.

Does this mean that the UL game really might be cancelled? Or is this normal?

I bought my season tickets yesterday. The ticket office online also had a purchase option for the Louisville game at Lucas Oil Stadium so I went ahead and ordered. But when I went to checkout there was no fee for it.

I believe at this point its a request for tickets. The game is on.

I thought so too. But my son is asking if we can go to all the IU games this year. From the schedule, only PSU & Maryland will be painful road trips, so I'm planning on making this is birthday present this year and we'll scrap book it. It's going to be an expensive Fall.
We attended nearly all games, home and away, for several years when I was a bit younger. Lots of fun but it really overtook your Fall from Labor Day to Thanksgiving. Never liked to see the season end, but there was a bit of relief when it finally did.

We did that once in 2007 with our camper. Lost every B1G road game with the exception of the great win in Kinnick. It was fun driving to Tempe on old Route 66 for a NYE bowl even though we lost. You'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and TMFT
I thought so too. But my son is asking if we can go to all the IU games this year. From the schedule, only PSU & Maryland will be painful road trips, so I'm planning on making this is birthday present this year and we'll scrap book it. It's going to be an expensive Fall.
PSU - downtown Pittsburgh has a good Pennsylvania sports museum, and a Primanti Brothers.

Maryland - Metro trains to the Smithsonian

This is a scheduling gaffe when you must face the gauntlet that is the Big Ten East. Do people in Bloomington have any common sense? Dumba$$e$!

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
This is a scheduling gaffe when you must face the gauntlet that is the Big Ten East. Do people in Bloomington have any common sense? Dumba$$e$!
I disagree. It's a scheduling gaffe if you don't improve as a team the way you envisioned when the contract was signed. The contract was announced in August of 2015 (LINK).

So it was signed entering year 5 of the CKW era that had showed steady improvement. Including a 2014 Non-Conference game against Missouri that IU won. That was followed up by splitting games with Wake Forest in '15 & '16. And winning against UVA in '17 & '18. Followed by the 8-4 slate in '19 and the COVID year in '20. How IU played during this era is why they made the contract with ND for the end of the 20s, which I thought at the time was a little ambitious.

I'm of the opinion that if you want to be taken seriously as a football program you schedule in stages. When you're at the bottom in a tough conference, you schedule 3 non-con wins. As you improve, you add one semi-competitive game. Then a forecasted competitive game. When you're actually a year-in & year-out contender is when you add a marquee game.

The ND series was jumping the line. The UL series was within the plan.

Last edited:
I disagree. It's a scheduling gaffe if you don't improve as a team the way you envisioned when the contract was signed. The contract was announced in August of 2015 (LINK).

So it was signed entering year 5 of the CKW era that had showed steady improvement. Including a 2014 Non-Conference game against Missouri that IU won. That was followed up by splitting games with Wake Forest in '15 & '16. And winning against UVA in '17 & '18. Followed by the 8-4 slate in '19 and the COVID year in '20. How IU played during this era is why they made the contract with ND for the end of the 20s, which I thought at the time was a little ambitious.

I'm of the opinion that if you want to be taken seriously as a football program you schedule in stages. When you're at the bottom in a tough conference, you schedule 3 non-con wins. As you improve, you add one semi-competitive game. Then a forecasted competitive game. When you're actually a year-in & year-out contender is when you add a marquee game.

The ND series was jumping the line. The UL series was within the plan.
I agree that this was within the scope of where we should be. I understand the desire to get to three non conf Ws given our overall schedule, but I wonder if the desire to pay our way out isn't an over reaction.

Brohm will likely get that program moving in the right direction, but he was no quick fix in WLaffy and with game 1 being in Indy, it should be a home crowd and IU events in Indy are always fun days.

I am fine if they get out of it, but would be interested to see this play out.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT