ADVERTISEMENT

Lost Kaufman to Purdue!

Whatcha gonna do..
Sometimes it's not about just basketball.
Sounds like to me the academics fit him up at W.L.
If it's just Hoops..Those guys are UK / Duke ..G League bound..
We're damn lucky to have TJD..

Reactions: IULouie
What I can’t understand is paynter told him he’s going to be a three. He’s going to get eaten alive! He’s a stretch 4. Sounds like paynter sold his soul to get him.

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerBrych
Not much you can do about it. He’s a southern Indiana kid and surrounded by IU fans etc. Kid didn’t wanna come. Go get Mason Miller and Muhammed and all is fine

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Not much you can do about it. He’s a southern Indiana kid and surrounded by IU fans etc. Kid didn’t wanna come. Go get Mason Miller and Muhammed and all is fine.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Well..., I know this sounds like sour grapes (and it's obvious we did very much want him) but when I watched that tape where he played against Furst I personally thought the guy looked soft...

Now..., if VA & IU were both after him evidently they didn't think so, but..., I have a feeling that after things all shake out this might turn out to be a good thing... Just my opinion that's based on one game...

Well..., I know this sounds like sour grapes (and it's obvious we did very much want him) but when I watched that tape where he played against Furst I personally thought the guy looked soft...

Now..., if VA & IU were both after him evidently they didn't think so, but..., I have a feeling that after things all shake out this might turn out to be a good thing... Just my opinion that's based on one game...
If that is the case, then he stays all four years instead of 2 or 3.

yeah your right, sour grapes. IU will be fine but a big loss nonetheless.

I thought so too, until I saw him again at an AAU thing. He is a very good player. Cannot spin this one.

I thought so too, until I saw him again at an AAU thing. He is a very good player. Cannot spin this one.

No spin, I've only seen that single game of his so I have no other information to go by... All I know is that on that particular night, in a game that was supposedly a big one..., he looked soft, really soft...

No spin, I've only seen that single game of his so I have no other information to go by... All I know is that on that particular night, in a game that was supposedly a big one..., he looked soft, really soft...

"We didn't want him anyway" ~
tenor.gif

Indiana fans lose a commit to a rival and instead of crying about it they hop right back on keion brooks’ nutsack

"We didn't want him anyway" ~
tenor.gif

Didn't say that...

Clearly we desperately wanted him...

I'm just telling you my personal evaluation after having watched the tape of that one game...

Obviously, people who get paid to do it have a different evaluation of him... Based on the professional coaches evals, sounds like you evidently got a good one...

Reactions: Lucy01
Kaufman would come to Indiana as the fourth big man in the rotation as opposed to the second or third for Purdue. Of course we wanted him, but Archie couldn’t promise him playing time.

Kaufman would come to Indiana as the fourth big man in the rotation as opposed to the second or third for Purdue. Of course we wanted him, but Archie couldn’t promise him playing time.
That's not the reason he went to the PUkes.

Reactions: Bill4411
With Williams, Furst, and Kaufman, plus solid guards, Purdue will be very good. Indiana needs to wake up. This was a decidedly bad recruiting loss.
I would have loved to have Furst and Kaufman at IU, but as my mama used to say, "Son, want something in one hand and crap in the other. See which one is full first." I wish all of these players nothing but the best. I hope they average a ton of points and rebounds except when they play IU.

What I can’t understand is paynter told him he’s going to be a three.
lol ...

Like coaches never lie about that ..

He'll be playing four and told it's no different in the way they would use him at three. This is common on every freakin team in the country. Crean came up with the perfect lie and tells his players they don't have positions. Which of course they do ..

lol ...

He'll be playing four and told it's no different in the way they would use him at three. This is common on every freakin team in the country. Crean came up with the perfect lie and tells his players they don't have positions. Which of course they do ..
Dumb

lol ...

Except Painter can point to specific times he’s done such things and the roster sets up nicely next year for him to do it with Kaufman as well.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT