ADVERTISEMENT

Lori Lightfoot is flippin' crazy

No chocolate icing doughnuts with creme filling. It's all custard filling which is like eating a doughnut dunked in banana pudding).
giphy.gif

The liberals on board clash with him as much as they do conservatives. He is a left wing populist, perhaps even Marxist. I may be an old school liberal, but I know many progressives. He is even noticeably further afield than progressives.

to my knowledge i'm not a liberal or a conservative, (whatever those terms mean), and not a Dem or a Pub.

i don't really know what a "Marxist" is, nor do i care, since labeling myself isn't my thing.

judging from context though from when i've seen it used, apparently it's something they tag you with when they don't like what you said, but can't dispute it.

i access every issue on it's own merits.

you and others should try doing the same, and freeing yourselves from party sheepdom.

as for being a "populist", i guess i am on things where most people agree with me, and not so much on things where they don't.

to my knowledge i'm not a liberal or a conservative, (whatever those terms mean), and not a Dem or a Pub.

i don't really know what a "Marxist" is, nor do i care, since labeling myself isn't my thing.

judging from context though from when i've seen it used, apparently it's something they tag you with when they don't like what you said, but can't dispute it.

i access every issue on it's own merits.

you and others should try doing the same, and freeing yourselves from party sheepdom.

as for being a "populist", i guess i am on things where most people agree with me, and not so much on things where they don't.
This is quite a rosy view you have of yourself. In my view, 80% of the posts you make on this board can be tied back to your footer.

That isn't examining each issue on it's merits. That's using the same lens to examine everything. Except for immigration where you trot out the "Why do you feel you are more deserving because you were born on the right side of the imaginary line" nonsense.

Reactions: Crayfish57
This is quite a rosy view you have of yourself. In my view, 80% of the posts you make on this board can be tied back to your footer.

That isn't examining each issue on it's merits. That's using the same lens to examine everything. Except for immigration where you trot out the "Why do you feel you are more deserving because you were born on the right side of the imaginary line" nonsense.

my "footer" is neither liberal or conservative, Pub or Dem, is it not.

and it's message is not seen much in "social issues" such as the one in this thread, other than in it's very real relevance in keeping us fighting all day every day over race, immigration, guns, and abortion, to keep us off economic topics like healthcare, drug pricing, monopolistic practices, the Fed destroying the dollar for short term investor class gain, and our now total dependence slavery to China, being that we sold them our manufacturing base and supply chains to increase share holder value at the cost of millions of jobs, wages, tax bases, and now our national sovereignty since China now owns us, if you haven't noticed.

that said, if you wish to debate the validity or relevance of my "footer", or it's relationship to literally every economic issue and why the media only focuses all day every day on race, guns, immigration, and abortion, please make my day.

Lori Lightfoot. Thankfully that didn't last. This thread actually has potential
That’s not an event, that’s a person. I assume she did something that the OP thinks is crazy. I don’t know what that is because there’s no link. What did she do, or say? That would be the “crazy” event.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Chicago was an amazing city to live, work, shop, dine and play. Now it requires sunshine pumping apologists. But hey...it is still better than STL.
Your little meth village probably has an Applebee’s. That should cheer you up.

As much as I love Minneapolis, it has none of my childhood guilty pleasures that frikken Bedford has.

No Big Red pop (it pops up randomly once in a blue moon at Walmart or Cub)
No Long John Silvers (the only one is at the Mall of America food court).
No Pizza Hut/Pizza Express/Nobel Roman's breadsticks with cheese sauce (only red sauce)
No Steak n Shake (we have Freddy's which blows).
No chocolate icing doughnuts with creme filling. It's all custard filling which is like eating a doughnut dunked in banana pudding).

It's probably why I'm not 800 lbs but still, there are some things strip mall towns have that big cities don't.

No Bob and Tom either nor Stern (Howard was on in the late 90's for maybe a year but couldn't beat the local guys).

Lol
No Bob and Tom? We had them on the radio in San Diego when we lived there. Heard them all over the country.

That may be true but his posts are kind of hypnotic and he has catchy phrases from time to time. Could have been a good jingle writer
“Hypnotic?” I think they’re headache inducing nonsense. I stopped reading his crap years ago. I catch a few words here or there, which confirms he’s posting the same old nonsense he’s always posted.

Last edited:
That’s not an event, that’s a person. I assume she did something that the OP thinks is crazy. I don’t know what that is because there’s no link. What did she do, or say? That would be the “crazy” event.
You'd have to ask OP. He/she only posted Lori Lightfoot's name five times. Maybe he/she was trying to summon her?

Funny considering I have two degrees from IUB and live in downtown Chicago. Hitting the Jack a little early today?
Please tell me they are in HYPER or Gen Studies. No one has taught you critical thinking or confidence.

You'd have to ask OP. He/she only posted Lori Lightfoot's name five times. Maybe he/she was trying to summon her?
You have to read Lightfoot's email. She is flipping crazy, flipping crazy, flipping crazy, flipping crazy.

“Hypnotic?” I think they’re headache inducing nonsense. I stopped reading his crap years ago. I catch a few words here or there, which confirms he’s posting the same old nonsense he’s always posted.
His post on the Wuhan lab leak scenario was spot on.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Funny considering I have two degrees from IUB and live in downtown Chicago. Hitting the Jack a little early today?
So you are in fact a snobby condescending prick then, is your self esteem really that low to feel the need to post like you do?

Please tell me they are in HYPER or Gen Studies. No one has taught you critical thinking or confidence.
Nope, Kelley

Also, it’s HPER. If you’re to talk shit about going to IU, don’t make yourself sound like a dumbass in the process.

Finally, you’re the one creating threads about leg room/armrest etiquette while flying in coach so.............

You’re making this really easy for me.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Nope, Kelley

Also, it’s HPER. If you’re to talk shit about going to IU, don’t make yourself sound like a dumbass in the process.

Finally, you’re the one creating threads about leg room/armrest etiquette while flying in coach so.............

You’re making this really easy for me.
How in the actual **** did you get through Kelley with zero critical thinking skills an this low level of self-esteem? Not buying it Bubba.

Reactions: Crayfish57
If you take the time to look it up - which you shouldn't, by the way - you will find that she's difficult to work for and months ago sent an angry email to a staffer telling him essentially that he sucks at his job. He is now a former staffer.

I regret the ten minutes I spent learning what this stupid thread was about.

As much as I love Minneapolis, it has none of my childhood guilty pleasures that frikken Bedford has.

...No Steak n Shake (we have Freddy's which blows).
Your best bet is Culver's butterburgers (named for the toasted buttery bun) with a side of cheese curds. Shake Shack is a decent second choice...

If you take the time to look it up - which you shouldn't, by the way - you will find that she's difficult to work for and months ago sent an angry email to a staffer telling him essentially that he sucks at his job. He is now a former staffer.

I regret the ten minutes I spent learning what this stupid thread was about.
I googled it this morning and saw the email. It does make her look crazy. I don’t know if she actually is crazy or if she is a horrible leader from that alone, but the email does look crazy and is not normally something a good leader would send. I don’t know her so maybe it’s not as crazy as it appears to be.

Last edited:
For those that actually attended IU, HPER was pronounced HYPER.

Hope that helps Bubba.
Ha, nice try. Of course it’s pronounced hyper. Like a hyper child. I’ve never once seen anyone list it in all caps like “HYPER.”

Take the L and move on Cletus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT