ADVERTISEMENT

Lori Lightfoot is flippin' crazy

...for bad bickering
Nah, i like discussion about why people are moving around, what could be the causes. My wife wants the hell out of Indy area so that may happen someday. Always good to see what spurs people to move to different areas.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Funny thing is I've never seen Chicago rocking & rolling like it is so far this summer. You can't get into restaurants there are so many people here. The tour boats are packed. The rooftop patios are incredible.

Wrigley Field is sold out. Guaranteed Rate (dumbest name in baseball. Sox park) is still limited but will be wide open in a week. Both teams are in first place with the Sox currently holding the best record in baseball.

Murders down 25%.

This may end up being the best summer in Chicago I've ever had. But yes, Chicago sucks because some idiot who lives in StripMall Town, USA thinks it sucks! It makes me happy that people like Mush stay away...far, far, away.
25% lol!!!!!

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Actually, Indiana has/had some newer riverboats built on pylons in retention ponds. They don't float but they make it legal to gamble.
Yeah we have that too. Old politician gene McNary was the head of gaming here - IU law alum.

Since you're not worried about the murders in Chicago since you don't frequent those hoods, let's get your opinion on carjackings that frequently happen in the other vast majority of Chicago.
I saw a news special on car thefts a couple years ago. They interviewed some actual, for-real car thieves who universally said they had to change their tactics.

When the manufacturers introduced antitheft doors and windows plus the insurance-encouraged digital keys and auto burglar alarms and location-tracking, they made it unfeasible to break into and steal a parked car. So, the bad guys switched.

Now, the car thieves are more likely to hang out near a 7-11 or other all-night store and look for desirable cars being driven by lone drivers in the early hours getting gasoline, cigs and snacks on their way home from a long work day. Then, they follow the driver home to a dark house/apartment much more isolated than a 7-11. There, a simple demand for the digital car keys with the help of a visible firearm is all that's needed to take the car. What used to be a breakin and theft has become an armed robbery.

That's called the Law of Unintended consequences.

• Sad
Reactions: TommyCracker
lmao you have a hard time with everything. the 300,000 people are what the crime stats are predicated on. that's a tiny fraction of the region where we all live. i don't know at this point a single person that lives within the city of 300,000. we live amongst the 2.2 million that don't share that crime rate.
I don't blame you.

Just saw a video here at The Cooler with Jonathan Rauch discussing his book The Constitution of Knowledge' A Defense of Truth. Among other things Rausch contends we accept information and go to sources which support our biases.

Upon coming to this thread my recollections ran to a lady friend from Mississippi who raved to me about her wonderful trip to Chicago. Before the trip she had made remarks about the liberals who ran the city and all the violent crime.

As she was telling me about the good time, I reminded her about her crime fears. To prove her crime fears were not unfounded, she related an incident about a couple of guys outside Wrigley Field who groped her.

Now this young lady is a very attractive lass. With this in mind, an unbiased person might conclude the groping incident could possibly occur just about anywhere.

I saw a news special on car thefts a couple years ago. They interviewed some actual, for-real car thieves who universally said they had to change their tactics.

When the manufacturers introduced antitheft doors and windows plus the insurance-encouraged digital keys and auto burglar alarms and location-tracking, they made it unfeasible to break into and steal a parked car. So, the bad guys switched.

Now, the car thieves are more likely to hang out near a 7-11 or other all-night store and look for desirable cars being driven by lone drivers in the early hours getting gasoline, cigs and snacks on their way home from a long work day. Then, they follow the driver home to a dark house/apartment much more isolated than a 7-11. There, a simple demand for the digital car keys with the help of a visible firearm is all that's needed to take the car. What used to be a breakin and theft has become an armed robbery.

That's called the Law of Unintended consequences.

If we actually punished these felons (hands, appendages, death) instead of giving them short imprisonment, things might actually change.

Reactions: Stay Classy Ace
Yeah we have that too. Old politician gene McNary was the head of gaming here - IU law alum.
The undisputed heroes of the IU Law School are its alumni who lobbied for and persuaded the Indiana General Assembly to finally ditch the Indiana Redneck Protestant Prohibition-Era "we-are-the-only-moral-people-in-Indiana" notion that wineries in Indiana should be prohibited. Now, Indiana has commercial wineries all over the place.

The initial beneficiary was probably Bill Oliver of Oliver's Winery (one of Indiana's first wineries under this new law). Oh, by the way Oliver was a tax professor at IU Law School. His former students were among the instigators that changed the law. I can't tell you how many boring events were improved by my generous sampling of Oliver Winery's main product in those days (Boone's Farm Apple Wine), but I (ahem) don't remember exactly.

I met Bill late in life in a Bloomington nursing home. I found him a great guy. His students liked him and affectionately called him "Porky".

Lawyers do not necessarily suck.

That is not the email of a stable personality.

Chicago is booming lol

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Chicago is booming lol

Yeah I’m not sure why Hoops is looking to die on this hill. The city obviously has a crime problem and people are leaving.

I live here too, I don’t get offended when people point out as much.

Yeah I’m not sure why Hoops is looking to die on this hill. The city obviously has a crime problem and people are leaving.

When you get left by your wife, and couldn't have kids, you don't have much left

Reactions: jet812
Chicago is booming lol

Speaking of not booming - I had a late lunch with a buddy of mine who owns a half dozen restaurants here. He was bemoaning the price of meats/poultry etc. he said between the price of food and shortage of servers life was better during the shutdowns. He was only half kidding

• Wow
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Hoops is true blue through and through. Loyal af. He’d be a good buddy to have if u didn’t talk politics

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Speaking of not booming - I had a late lunch with a buddy of mine who owns a half dozen restaurants here. He was bemoaning the price of meats/poultry etc. he said between the price of food and shortage of servers life was better during the shutdowns. He was only half kidding

Tell him to pay China to release another strain of bioweapon

If we actually punished these felons (hands, appendages, death) instead of giving them short imprisonment, things might actually change.
And their families. There is no reason to allow career criminals to pass their assets, home ownership, cheap cars, etc. to their families on their likely-inevitable deaths. I understand similar laws already operate in the Mideast.

And their families. There is no reason to allow career criminals to pass their assets, home ownership, cheap cars, etc. to their families on their likely-inevitable deaths. I understand similar laws already operate in the Mideast.

giphy.gif

you think a lot of these criminals have assets and own homes? if they had anything they wouldn't be doing bad shit and we wouldn't have bondsmen and assignments

I don’t know that they’re fleeing only crime. The taxes are ludicrous.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
For those of us who do not live in Chicago, what event triggered the thread?
More Trump derangement syndrome. Grumpy old crusty FOX nerds need something to complain about, and Chicago became the dumping ground.

Most of the dumbasses in this thread could not find crime while visiting Chicago if they had to.

Stay in your dumpy ass strip mall towns around cities like St. Louis, Orlando, and Indy. We don’t want you here. There is an Applebee’s excited for your business.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops
More Trump derangement syndrome. Grumpy old crusty FOX nerds need something to complain about, and Chicago became the dumping ground.

Most of the the dumbasses in this thread could not find crime while visiting Chicago if they had to.

Stay in your dumpy ass strip mall towns around cities like St. Louis, Orlando, and Indy. We don’t want you here. There is an Applebee’s excited for your business.
You always seem like a cultured intelligent person

Lori Lightfoot is flippin' crazy.
She’s also one of the ugliest non identified gender persons I’ve ever seen in my life. 😂

lol this tuesday was the deadliest day in chicago all year. 8 people killed by gunfire. your little circle you run is largely immune to it. just like my little circle where i live. but a true dem shouldn't take solace in that and should want/demand better for the entire region

His circle is just a group of racist non caring rich white folks. Instead of traveling first class he should fly coach and give the difference to inner city Chicago Charities.

Reactions: Crayfish57
She’s also one of the ugliest non identified gender persons I’ve ever seen in my life. 😂
Seems like you spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about her... especially for someone living in bumblfk southern Indiana.

Reactions: DrHoops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT