ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Trump is going to run in 2024

• Thread starter anon_6hv78pr714xta
  • Start date
How do I change a birth certificate....asking for a friend
You’d dominate those f*ckers!!! I’ve seen those games. By the 5th minute there’s 11 guys in one box, 11 guys in the other, 80 yards of green grass between them without a player to be found, and three guys injured on the sidelines

Reactions: larsIU
I hope he does just to watch the republican party have to navigate the Trump zombie.

Yes I have no concern about Trump winning again any more than I have for Sanjaya trying again and winning American Idol.

All Trump will do is splinter the republican party cuz you know Trump will turn on whoever challenges him.
Speaking of zombies, I would like to see Pence run against him. That would really drive home the splinter between traditional Republicans and Trumpists.

The editorial is questioning allegations that Republican-passed voter laws in existence in the 2020 election amounted to "voter suppression." In the first sentence, Kamala Harris is quoted from last fall. So the part of your critique that is based on the post-2020 laws like Georgia's wouldn't apply.
I'll make allowances for the fact that you may not be an "election junkie", and may not quite be aware of the following facts regarding previous attempts at voter restriction in GA...

We all know that Brad Raffensberger made a name for himself as the GOP Sec of State credited by SANE people with ensuring the 2020/2021 elections in GA were run in a fair,non-biased manner.

That was a pleasant surprise because the Gubernatorial election of 2018 was not viewed as anywhere near as fair or unbiased...

So the care Raffensberger undertook in 2020 was UNEXPECTED, since it had NOT been exercised in 2018, which was when Raffensberger won the race for Sec of State in a runoff. In fact, most UNBIASED observers felt that Raffensberger's predecessor had performed in a highly partisan and biased manner in 2018, which is why Dems were so upset and fearful of a possible repeat...

The PROBLEM in 2018, was the events that occurred in 2017 under the watch of the Previous Sec of State. An investigation by American Public Media in conjunction with station WABE used the case of a 31 yr old man named James Bayie to illustrate the situation that confronted a LOT of (mainly) Dem voters in 2018...

"This year was different. He'd become excited about the candidacy of Stacey Abrams, the Democrat who was vying to become Georgia's first African-American governor, and the nation's first-ever black woman to lead a U.S. state. It wasn't Abrams' race that swayed Baiye, he said, but rather her pledge to run the government differently. "A lot of being there for the people," he said. "I just wanted to see her succeed."

But when Baiye finally reached the front of the line, there was a problem. Poll workers couldn't find his name on their list of registered voters. This was puzzling: Baiye is a citizen, he wasn't a felon, and he hadn't moved."

See what happened in 2017 was that voters like Baiye were PURGED from voter rolls. From the APM findings...

"What Baiye didn't know was he'd been caught up in one of the most hotly debated campaign issues in Georgia. It turned out that a year earlier Baiye had been removed from the voter rolls in a purge led by the office of Republican Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who was running for governor against Abrams.

On a single day in late July 2017, Kemp's office had removed from the rolls 560,000 Georgians who had been flagged because they'd skipped one too many elections.
Abrams would later call the purge the "use-it-or-lose-it scheme." An APM Reports investigation last year estimated 107,000 of the people purged under the policy would otherwise have been eligible to vote last year, just like Baiye."

I
'm a very sporadic voter myself, so maybe I empathize more with people like Baiye when it comes to being purged from the rolls for the "crime" of not voting for 10 yrs. I went that length of time not voting at various points over my life because living in IN I didn't feel my vote counted.I didn't vote from 2000-2008 but never did I feel I relinquished my RIGHT to vote when I was motivated to do so.

I made a concerted effort to vote in 2008 because I wanted to be part of helping to elect either the first Black or women to be POTUS, but I was shocked and more than a little unhappy to discover I had been purged and had to re-register to exercise my RIGHT. I was able to do so in a timely enough manner,but I'm a political junkie with an AB in Poly Sci. I readily accept that there are people on both ends of the political spectrum who are not nearly as engaged as I am,and I abhor the idea of wantonly purging voters either GOP or Dem and denying them their RIGHT to vote,even sporadically...

Not sure if you caught it or not, but the issue in 2017/18 went far beyond a pretty sketchy purge of voters. It was carried out by the man who already knew he'd be running for Governor a year later.

If you don't see a problem with a declared candidate purging over 500,000 voters from the rolls and basically nullifying the potential of those folks casting ballots in a race he won by less than 50,000 votes, then I can see why you don't understand why prominent Dems (including VP Harris) would have trepidation regarding possible voter suppression heading into the 2020 elections in GA. And why you'd lend credence to this very disingenuous editorial from the WSJ which portrays those extremely valid concerns on the part of Dems as baseless...

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Who would be the traditional Republican? Pence sold his soul long ago.
Well, if not Pence, then Boehner, Romney, Kasich for starters.

I want to see the debate in which Trump and Pence inevitably are asked about Pence's role in counting Biden's electoral votes. I don't think Trump can resist accusing Pence of stealing the election, but I have no idea how Pence would respond. Pence was fairly forceful and direct in debating Harris and I'd like to see how he would defend himself against Trump's accusations.

This picture says a lot about both Pence and Trump, for different reasons:

e586a5f033b197f6cd2b72045e3a20a5

Why am I seeing cosmic level ignorant post from people who I have had on ignore for 3 years? I've 6 grand kids under 4 yrs old, I have all of that gibberish that one needs in regular life. to see it from an "adult" is an insult to my Grand kids.
Software update not working as planned?

Reactions: cosmickid
Why am I seeing cosmic level ignorant post from people who I have had on ignore for 3 years? I've 6 grand kids under 4 yrs old, I have all of that gibberish that one needs in regular life. to see it from an "adult" is an insult to my Grand kids.
I think the only meaningful response to discover that a poster as worthwhile as you has me on ignore is gratitude... ;)

Well, if not Pence, then Boehner, Romney, Kasich for starters.

I want to see the debate in which Trump and Pence inevitably are asked about Pence's role in counting Biden's electoral votes. I don't think Trump can resist accusing Pence of stealing the election, but I have no idea how Pence would respond. Pence was fairly forceful and direct in debating Harris and I'd like to see how he would defend himself against Trump's accusations.

This picture says a lot about both Pence and Trump, for different reasons:

e586a5f033b197f6cd2b72045e3a20a5
This is from last night, so some of it is previously discussed rehash. But the panel with Kasich and Mia Love which starts at about the 3:44 mark does a great job of illuminating the viewpoint of the sane wing of the GOP.Kasich nails it...

Biden is in incredible physical shape for a man in his late 70s. Trump is a heart attack waiting to happen.

That said, I think it's unlikely Biden will run for a second term. The presidency is too challenging for a person well into their 80s.
Incredible shape.....who gets "blown over" three times while climbing some stairs. Rich.

If the GOP keeps the winner take all state primary system in 2024, trump can’t lose if he runs.

Having your little safe space invaded is obviously upsetting for you.

I'll make allowances for the fact that you may not be an "election junkie", and may not quite be aware of the following facts regarding previous attempts at voter restriction in GA...

We all know that Brad Raffensberger made a name for himself as the GOP Sec of State credited by SANE people with ensuring the 2020/2021 elections in GA were run in a fair,non-biased manner.

That was a pleasant surprise because the Gubernatorial election of 2018 was not viewed as anywhere near as fair or unbiased...

So the care Raffensberger undertook in 2020 was UNEXPECTED, since it had NOT been exercised in 2018, which was when Raffensberger won the race for Sec of State in a runoff. In fact, most UNBIASED observers felt that Raffensberger's predecessor had performed in a highly partisan and biased manner in 2018, which is why Dems were so upset and fearful of a possible repeat...

The PROBLEM in 2018, was the events that occurred in 2017 under the watch of the Previous Sec of State. An investigation by American Public Media in conjunction with station WABE used the case of a 31 yr old man named James Bayie to illustrate the situation that confronted a LOT of (mainly) Dem voters in 2018...

"This year was different. He'd become excited about the candidacy of Stacey Abrams, the Democrat who was vying to become Georgia's first African-American governor, and the nation's first-ever black woman to lead a U.S. state. It wasn't Abrams' race that swayed Baiye, he said, but rather her pledge to run the government differently. "A lot of being there for the people," he said. "I just wanted to see her succeed."

But when Baiye finally reached the front of the line, there was a problem. Poll workers couldn't find his name on their list of registered voters. This was puzzling: Baiye is a citizen, he wasn't a felon, and he hadn't moved."

See what happened in 2017 was that voters like Baiye were PURGED from voter rolls. From the APM findings...

"What Baiye didn't know was he'd been caught up in one of the most hotly debated campaign issues in Georgia. It turned out that a year earlier Baiye had been removed from the voter rolls in a purge led by the office of Republican Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who was running for governor against Abrams.

On a single day in late July 2017, Kemp's office had removed from the rolls 560,000 Georgians who had been flagged because they'd skipped one too many elections.
Abrams would later call the purge the "use-it-or-lose-it scheme." An APM Reports investigation last year estimated 107,000 of the people purged under the policy would otherwise have been eligible to vote last year, just like Baiye."

I
'm a very sporadic voter myself, so maybe I empathize more with people like Baiye when it comes to being purged from the rolls for the "crime" of not voting for 10 yrs. I went that length of time not voting at various points over my life because living in IN I didn't feel my vote counted.I didn't vote from 2000-2008 but never did I feel I relinquished my RIGHT to vote when I was motivated to do so.

I made a concerted effort to vote in 2008 because I wanted to be part of helping to elect either the first Black or women to be POTUS, but I was shocked and more than a little unhappy to discover I had been purged and had to re-register to exercise my RIGHT. I was able to do so in a timely enough manner,but I'm a political junkie with an AB in Poly Sci. I readily accept that there are people on both ends of the political spectrum who are not nearly as engaged as I am,and I abhor the idea of wantonly purging voters either GOP or Dem and denying them their RIGHT to vote,even sporadically...

Not sure if you caught it or not, but the issue in 2017/18 went far beyond a pretty sketchy purge of voters. It was carried out by the man who already knew he'd be running for Governor a year later.

If you don't see a problem with a declared candidate purging over 500,000 voters from the rolls and basically nullifying the potential of those folks casting ballots in a race he won by less than 50,000 votes, then I can see why you don't understand why prominent Dems (including VP Harris) would have trepidation regarding possible voter suppression heading into the 2020 elections in GA. And why you'd lend credence to this very disingenuous editorial from the WSJ which portrays those extremely valid concerns on the part of Dems as baseless...
Well, thank you for "making allowances" for my ignorance on this subject compared to you. :) I didn't read closely your entire response because it is very long, but it is clear you have followed this more than I have and are more charged about it. Thanks for the time and I will try to read it more carefully later.

As for your last paragraph, I find that type of thinking very unproductive. I realize the WSJ editorials are slanted, which is why my post called that possibility out. You don't agree with it, but others who might agree with it might not necessarily have any evil ulterior motives. A good book attacking that kind of thinking is The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Johnathan Haidt. Have you read it? You might not agree with it (which is OK!) but I think you'd find it interesting.

Again, thanks for the time you took in responding.

That will be an interesting case since Trump's age will be same as Biden's of last year. I remember how hard the Pubs hit Biden on the age issue.

But the media gave him a complete pass on both his age and his issues. Do you think it will be the same for Trump?

There are many things wrong with trump that age will probably just be a footnote (like sedition and why it is wrong).

When you have nothing on biden, then age becomes the rallying cry.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT