ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like HMP is gonna have to work REALLY hard to be a starter

I think Hartman will start the rest of the year

with HMP coming in for 1/2 court games such as Wisky. Hartman (along with much improved play from Troy) is what has changed to make this team gel.

Hanner watching from the locker room

Apparently, he is not being punished. They wanted him to watch the game and learn from another direction. I don't have any idea what that means, but maybe he will come back hungry. If Hanner played with the energy and effort of Hartman, he would be a beast.

I was thinking the same thing... two inches taller, two inches meaner...

but that doesn't always equate.... a little off the floor time might change his composure.... HMP is no longer the pivotal point of this seasons team... he gave that job away... now he can only be a contributor... he had his chance... now he should accept his role and embrace it whole heartedly and rejoin the team... but in my opinion... he never regains a starting role... I don't care how well he plays in practice...

Players either have a motor or they don't...

Almost impossible to teach. Hartman's got it and he's making a big difference for this team right now.

Yes. HMP ACCEPTING his role is key

I really like Hanner's demeanor and personality. Seems like a really nice kid. In fact, he needs to develop a Mean Streak.

Hartman can shoot from anywhere ... so he draws the opponent's big man from the basket, opening up driving lanes. HMP's range seems to be about 5 feet ... clogs the middle. Pros and cons for each being in.

HMP just needs to accept his new role with vigor ... become a beast when you do play cuz the team needs his skills. I have a feeling, and hope, that we'll see a much new&improved Hanner when he does return.

I don't know. He still brings something to the table that the team needs. He was playing 20 minutes per game before the injury and if he returns playing as he was before, I'd expect that to stay about the same. I know the MSU and OSU games he didn't get much time but the team as a whole was really bad in the MSU game and he got in foul trouble against OSU. The big question is how missing time time will effect his play. Will he play timid because of the knee or will be way out of sync or will he play like he never missed time? I certainly see Hartman solidfying more time as long as keeps up what he is doing. Stan, Holt, Hoetzel and Zeisloft got 45 minutes in the game last night. I think it would be easy to give HMP 20 minutes from that group.

Re: I think Hartman will start the rest of the year

I would agree hartman will start. HMP is probably mostly and always will be a backup player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT