ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like Good Weather For The Open

And in honor of Limey competition ....

R.006534c80ce59a00c1bab3ee4592922e

I'm sure it will change. That's really the only thing I don't like about the BO. The weather changes so quickly, I wish whatever the prevailing weather for the day would hang around. It changes everywhere, but I feel like many times watching the BO the players are frequently playing in a completely different environment at different times of day.

DeChambolic and his Driver rep are going at it in the media. BDC says no one makes a Driver that works right anymore. It certainly couldn't be HIS fault, could it.

It is tough work making Brooks Koepka look like a good guy, but there he goes, making it happen.

Guy has a physics degree, always blabbering about physics crap. But the turning point in his career was when he turned into a bulky meathead and starting hitting bombs. What a tool.

The lack of wind has turned this into a random Euro tournament where -16 will probably win. A shame.

Nice to see Jordan Spieth playing well
Love the way Spieth plays. After great success and then falling off the planet, he has shown the champion he is. Love his grit.

BTW Collin Morikawa looks to be another great young player. Golf is in good hands after Tiger.

I am hoping against hope Tiger makes one more comeback.

Love the way Spieth plays. After great success and then falling off the planet, he has shown the champion he is. Love his grit.

BTW Collin Morikawa looks to be another great young player. Golf is in good hands after Tiger.

I fear Tiger has already destroyed the knees and ankles and back joints he needs.

Agree about the state of the game. Lots of good young players

I fear Tiger has already destroyed the knees and ankles and back joints he needs.

Agree about the state of the game. Lots of good young players
I agree on Tiger. If he never plays tournament golf again, he gave us golf fans some fantastic moments. So many big shots with tournaments on the line.

I was fortunate to be invited by a great friend to watch Tiger win his first Masters. Lots of memorabilia from the week stored away for my son.

Reactions: kkott

But, can we please, PLEASE, see it translate to the Ryder Cup? Americans are dominating the rankings it seems, and yet to me we'll be the underdog until we have a little sustained success in the Ryder Cup. You just know that Rahm is going to be a thorn for years to come in the Ryder Cup, and they have stalwarts like Rose, Poulter and Sergio, but they are getting long in the tooth. Between some young bucks and guys like DJ, Koepka, JT and Speith, this should be, should be, a very good and highly favored team. Hope it translates.

And, didn't mean for my rant to not acknowledge Morikawa and the impressive performance he had. Ice water.

Reactions: largemouth
But, can we please, PLEASE, see it translate to the Ryder Cup? Americans are dominating the rankings it seems, and yet to me we'll be the underdog until we have a little sustained success in the Ryder Cup. You just know that Rahm is going to be a thorn for years to come in the Ryder Cup, and they have stalwarts like Rose, Poulter and Sergio, but they are getting long in the tooth. Between some young bucks and guys like DJ, Koepka, JT and Speith, this should be, should be, a very good and highly favored team. Hope it translates.

And, didn't mean for my rant to not acknowledge Morikawa and the impressive performance he had. Ice water.
Agree on Ryder Cup. I fear team harmony this year. Other guys besides Koepka have weighed in on his antics. JT criticized him publicly on driver fiasco.

Agree on Ryder Cup. I fear team harmony this year. Other guys besides Koepka have weighed in on his antics. JT criticized him publicly on driver fiasco.
Agreed and that's a real concern. I think Koepka is just sort of a douche who can't help himself, but you toss he, Bryson and Reed into the mix and it's got the potential to be volatile.... but maybe that's what we need. I'm just glad to be starting to be rid of some of the guys who were parts of so much losing (even though one of them is HC and then he goes out and selects Furyk and Zack Johnson. WTH are they going to coach guys on in the Ryder Cup?). I hope with the coaches selections they opt for new and younger guys and start building for future chemistry, assuming that talent will win out this year regardless.

But, I think Koepka had the perfect opportunity to sort of step away from the feud and let Bryson hang himself with his whining, and yet he has to jump right back in it. For me, neither are likable guys. But, Morikawa certainly is as are many of the younger guys imo... Xander, Finau, Berger, Harman, etc...

If Colin putts well enough he can win a lot of these. His striking is top notch.
well, he's putted well enough to get off to one of the best career starts in majors ever! I know that's supposed to be his Achilles Heel, but my gosh he's been terrific in his 2 major wins. I think he's going to be a fixture on the tour for a good long while barring injury. Solid all the way around and seems very mature and confident.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT