ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Dow is telling Trump to start packing!

Dow is down over 850
NASDAQ is down over 270
How many times are posters going to post these things? Every big hit gets a similar post (maybe you've posted one previously) - then the market bounces back. My investment accounts have all returned to pre-COVID levels. Can't worry about a bad day or a bad few days.

How many times are posters going to post these things? Every big hit gets a similar post (maybe you've posted one previously) - then the market bounces back. My investment accounts have all returned to pre-COVID levels. Can't worry about a bad day or a bad few days.

they never come back to eat crow

Reactions: 76-1
No comparison really — took Bush twice as long to tank the economy with far less stimulus to artificially prop it up.
Neither Bush nor Trump actually (temporarily) tanked the economy. Neither did Clinton. The financial crisis, COVID and the tech bubble bursting did that respectively.

Reactions: 76-1
Neither Bush nor Trump actually (temporarily) tanked the economy. Neither did Clinton. The financial crisis, COVID and the tech bubble bursting did that respectively.
facepalm-head.jpg

out and out criminals at the Wall St investment banks and ratings houses caused the 2008 financial crisis, though far right wing economic conservative Bill Clinton set the stage by deregulating the banks.

NAFTA wasn't enough pissing on the working and middle class who put him in office for Bill, who wanted to surpass Reagan in totally f'ing over his own constituency.

the out and out criminals at the investment banks were punished by the govt criminals with bail outs exceeding 100% of losses and an invitation to do it again, while Joe Citizen took it up the back side and was spit on by the govt and bank criminals.

and yet Joe Citizen just never figures it out.

Clearly true on the latter two. Any honest person knows Trump singularly and drastically made our covid outcomes worse. That’s objective not partisan truth.

Reactions: meridian
facepalm-head.jpg

out and out criminals at the Wall St investment banks and ratings houses caused the 2008 financial crisis, though far right wing economic conservative Bill Clinton set the stage by deregulating the banks.

NAFTA wasn't enough pissing on the working and middle class who put him in office for Bill, who wanted to surpass Reagan in totally f'ing over his own constituency.

the out and out criminals at the investment banks were punished by the govt criminals with bail outs exceeding 100% of losses and an invitation to do it again, while Joe Citizen took it up the back side and was spit on by the govt and bank criminals.

and yet Joe Citizen just never figures it out.
What?

Reactions: iuwclurker
I understand that you are trying to defend Trump, throwing in Clinton to get some sympathy votes. With all due respect, however,

The president has the power and means to control some, if not all, of them. For instance, yes, he cannot/could not control the spread of COVID. However, he could've done something, a lot of things for that matter, to minimize the damage, such as alerting the citizens, encouraging prevention of spread such as discouraging crowd gathering, encouraging wearing the masks as the "experts" tried to alert. Listening to the experts is another example of what he could've done. Encouraging ignorant citizens to take Chlorine (I am exaggerating here😊) for the Covid is not the head of a country should do.

Instead, he
- ridiculed the experts such as Dr. Pauci and others
- ridiculed mask-wearing
- spending an enormous amount of time blaming China. For God's sake, China is in it together; they are not our enemy; they are our victims in arms in this thing! In fact, the whole world is the victim, and the only way to win this fight is to fight it together, not to blame each other! China at least made a gesture of offering the vaccines to other nations at a low cost, that is when their vaccine development succeeds. What has the Trump US done in this regard?

- Getting into a fight with WHO is not what the head of the strongest nation of the world should do. I don't think there's a need for me to give a sermon on this.

I have to stop here for now; just got a beep that dinner is ready. Have a great day!

Reactions: Bill4411
I understand that you are trying to defend Trump, throwing in Clinton to get some sympathy votes. With all due respect, however,

The president has the power and means to control some, if not all, of them. For instance, yes, he cannot/could not control the spread of COVID. However, he could've done something, a lot of things for that matter, to minimize the damage, such as alerting the citizens, encouraging prevention of spread such as discouraging crowd gathering, encouraging wearing the masks as the "experts" tried to alert. Listening to the experts is another example of what he could've done. Encouraging ignorant citizens to take Chlorine (I am exaggerating here😊) for the Covid is not the head of a country should do.

Instead, he
- ridiculed the experts such as Dr. Pauci and others
- ridiculed mask-wearing
- spending an enormous amount of time blaming China. For God's sake, China is in it together; they are not our enemy; they are our victims in arms in this thing! In fact, the whole world is the victim, and the only way to win this fight is to fight it together, not to blame each other! China at least made a gesture of offering the vaccines to other nations at a low cost, that is when their vaccine development succeeds. What has the Trump US done in this regard?

- Getting into a fight with WHO is not what the head of the strongest nation of the world should do. I don't think there's a need for me to give a sermon on this.

I have to stop here for now; just got a beep that dinner is ready. Have a great day!
You apparently don’t understand at all because I’m not trying to defend Trump. Not even a little bit.

Clearly true on the latter two. Any honest person knows Trump singularly and drastically made our covid outcomes worse. That’s objective not partisan truth.
Drastically not singularly. Partisan is to say singularly. Trump cuomos cdc pelosi citizens on and on. Drastically. Not singularly.

Dow is down over 850
NASDAQ is down over 270

Sadly for the economy and the middle and lower classes, Nancy's strategy is working.

Trump is toast anyway so there is absolutely no need for the scorched-earth tactics to bring down the DOW and hold the stimulus package hostage as Americans hurt.

yes...I know he is largely responsible for where we are...but the Dems don't need to make it worse.

Shameful.

BTW you still owe links from previous BS claims...

Reactions: meridian

It is the celebratory aspect of posts like his that is so repulsive.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Received my investment statements for the last quarter yesterday, up 11% in a semi conservative portfolio. I don't see this happening this quarter or anytime soon if the election goes Blue. I have an appointment with my advisor this week to discuss changes.

He said many he deals with are doing the same as I am, he also said he doesn't advise moving money especially since I'm not retiring in the next few years but he doesn't blame me it looks like it will be rough 4 years for my wage class. He also said the extremely wealthy will not feel a thing, there is always that notion they will but somehow they still stay extremely wealthy though all economies and all types of government.

Received my investment statements for the last quarter yesterday, up 11% in a semi conservative portfolio. I don't see this happening this quarter or anytime soon if the election goes Blue. I have an appointment with my advisor this week to discuss changes.

He said many he deals with are doing the same as I am, he also said he doesn't advise moving money especially since I'm not retiring in the next few years but he doesn't blame me it looks like it will be rough 4 years for my wage class. He also said the extremely wealthy will not feel a thing, there is always that notion they will but somehow they still stay extremely wealthy though all economies and all types of government.

You are making decisions too late if you are trying to defend against potential political change.

Here's a recent note from JPM:

One estimate from JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s chief equity strategist puts U.S. stocks in for a double-digit advance if Donald Trump keeps his office.

A victory for the Republican candidate could push the S&P 500 to as high as 3,900 at year-end under the most optimistic case laid out by Dubravko Lakos-Bujas, the bank’s chief U.S. equity strategist. The figure, some 300 points above his base-case target for year-end, implies a 12.5% advance from the gauge’s Friday close. While a number of traders have come to consider a Democratic sweep followed by a prompt fiscal deal among bullish scenarios for the equity market, Lakos-Bujas disagrees, seeing Trump’s victory as the most favorable outcome.

“A ‘Blue Sweep’ scenario is expected to be mostly neutral in the short term,” JPMorgan’s strategists including Lakos-Bujas said in a report dated Friday. “It would likely be accompanied by some immediate positive catalysts (i.e. larger fiscal stimulus/infrastructure) but also negative catalysts (i.e. rising corporate taxes).”

You are making decisions too late if you are trying to defend against potential political change.

Here's a recent note from JPM:

One estimate from JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s chief equity strategist puts U.S. stocks in for a double-digit advance if Donald Trump keeps his office.

A victory for the Republican candidate could push the S&P 500 to as high as 3,900 at year-end under the most optimistic case laid out by Dubravko Lakos-Bujas, the bank’s chief U.S. equity strategist. The figure, some 300 points above his base-case target for year-end, implies a 12.5% advance from the gauge’s Friday close. While a number of traders have come to consider a Democratic sweep followed by a prompt fiscal deal among bullish scenarios for the equity market, Lakos-Bujas disagrees, seeing Trump’s victory as the most favorable outcome.

“A ‘Blue Sweep’ scenario is expected to be mostly neutral in the short term,” JPMorgan’s strategists including Lakos-Bujas said in a report dated Friday. “It would likely be accompanied by some immediate positive catalysts (i.e. larger fiscal stimulus/infrastructure) but also negative catalysts (i.e. rising corporate taxes).”

Really it sounds as if I'm right on target. If Trump wins I stay put if Biden wins I have a short time due to the neutral short term forecast before I need to make any changes. Sounds as if Biden wins there will also be Band-Aids in the short term to keep the economy going, but I agree taxing corporations will be a huge blow to what is still a good economy even through this goofy pandemic.

i said,
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"out and out criminals at the Wall St investment banks and ratings houses caused the 2008 financial crisis, though far right wing economic conservative Bill Clinton set the stage by deregulating the banks.

and yet Joe Citizen just never figures it out".

-------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you didn't grasp it this time either.

i said,
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"out and out criminals at the Wall St investment banks and ratings houses caused the 2008 financial crisis, though far right wing economic conservative Bill Clinton set the stage by deregulating the banks.

and yet Joe Citizen just never figures it out".

-------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you didn't grasp it this time either.
What?

That's gibberish. I'd recommend you fire your 'advisor'.

A lot of people did similar stupid stuff in 2008 and 2012. That worked out uh..... not so hot.

ADVERTISEMENT