ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at future schedules

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
So we open on the road this year at Wisconsin and we open 2021 at Iowa.
You’d think the fair and logical thing would be for the Iowa game to be at home.
But of course I’m talking about the Big Ten so throw logic out the window.

You’d think the fair and logical thing would be for the Iowa game to be at home.

B1G scheduling doesn’t have much logic? Can anyone explain it? We haven’t been to Iowa in a long time. I have family out there. I plan to attend.

Reactions: vesuvius13
B1G scheduling doesn’t have much logic? Can anyone explain it? We haven’t been to Iowa in a long time. I have family out there. I plan to attend.
Of course it makes sense.

The B1G looks at IU as being the weak sister, so what better way to start your marquee programs than with a home game against us?

We got O$U at home on opening day, but that was considered a foregone conclusion.

Opening at Wisconsin and Iowa 2 years in a row is no coincidence, imo.

Reactions: 76-1 and indy1203
Prefer to visit Wisconsin at beginning of season. Will not need to deal with weather and both teams will be figuring things out. IF Wisconsin is the superior team, we have a greater chance of pulling the upset in Week 1.

In addition, playing on Friday night is a plus as we will likely be on national TV.....ESPN or Fox Sports.

Great opportunity to shock the Badgers and prove that 2019 was only the beginning of Indiana being able to compete throughout the BIG.

I really like our 2020 schedule. After opening at Wisconsin, we have a realistic shot at six straight wins. It's also to our advantage that we have five conference home games next season instead of the four we had in 2019. And, in some respects, maybe it's better that we're playing OSU and UM on the road since, for the last three decades, playing those opponents in Bloomington has been a waste of a home date.

Of course it makes sense.

The B1G looks at IU as being the weak sister, so what better way to start your marquee programs than with a home game against us?

We got O$U at home on opening day, but that was considered a foregone conclusion.

Opening at Wisconsin and Iowa 2 years in a row is no coincidence, imo.
I would like to kick the B10 schedule maker right in the balls.
Does this happen because our AD is such a milktoast or because
he is just trying to ring the cash register?

Reactions: DANC
I would like to kick the B10 schedule maker right in the balls.
Does this happen because our AD is such a milktoast or because
he is just trying to ring the cash register?
I doubt our AD has any influence whatsoever in scheduling. The league looks out for their top programs to get them into the best bowl games.

So it is about the money, but it's no advantage to IU, other than we share revenue on bowls (or used to be that way).

I like the idea of opening up on a Friday night on the road at Wisconsin. If you have to have a Friday date I would rather have it as the opening game of the season. Instead of during the middle of the season. Should be a big TV audience. Plus Taylor will no longer be on the roster. Can't hurt. Looking forward to it already. Let's have some fun. #LEO

I like the idea of opening up on a Friday night on the road at Wisconsin. If you have to have a Friday date I would rather have it as the opening game of the season. Instead of during the middle of the season. Should be a big TV audience. Plus Taylor will no longer be on the roster. Can't hurt. Looking forward to it already. Let's have some fun. #LEO
Good point on the Friday opening game. And how lucky is PU to be in the West division where Wisc. is the leader instead of the East where one needs to beat OSU & Michigan in order to win the division.

ADVERTISEMENT