ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Duncomb

Kaufman and Duncomb both dominated in hopefully a preview of what's to come.

But I really like what I read about Duncomb's toughness and physicality; he will need that in the Big Ten.

It was also really good to see that Lander, Leal, Galloway, Franklin and Phinissee were all at the game. I imagine Kaufman took notice and wants to be a part of that close-knit group.

Kaufman and Wesley look like future pros. Great skills and athleticism. We get them and the future really looks bright.

Thanks for sharing the video.

I really like the physicality if Duncomb. Him and Kaufman played well together.
Kaufman has expanded his game with his ball handling and strength since I saw him last December. Very impressive.

is Wesley number 4 on the Gym Rats? That kid was impressive. Has a good feel for the game, nice length, and can drive the ball.

Reactions: kkott

Kaufman has expanded his game with his ball handling and strength since I saw him last December. Very impressive.

is Wesley number 4 on the Gym Rats? That kid was impressive. Has a good feel for the game, nice length, and can drive the ball.

Wesley is #2. #4 is Johnson (O$U commit)

https://www.indianaelite.com/indiana-elite-2021/

https://www.indyheatgymrats.com/page/show/5069051-indy-heat-17u-black

Reactions: Falky22

Makes me feel better as our next big

Reactions: Falky22 and kkott
You can watch the entire game on YouTube. The earlier games are at the beginning of this video, and the 2021 Elite vs Heat game starts at about the 4:54 mark. Just click on the "watch this video on YouTube" message.

Last edited:
When is Trey expected to make an announcement on where he's going?
That's unknown. He wants to make visits to some of the out of state schools which have offered but obviously can't right now. So he's waiting to see what happens with recruiting and his senior year basketball season. If in person recruiting gets pushed back again into next year, he might make a decision at that point since he doesn't really want to wait too long.

He is also considering graduating in the winter then going to college and redshirting in the spring semester if the high school season is cancelled. He'd obviously need to have made a commitment before then.

So 2 unknowns outside of his control are affecting his decision time frame. Will he be allowed to visit schools any time soon? Will he have a HS basketball season?

Reactions: Rasco123
Duncomb and Kaufman were impressive for Indiana Elite. IU needs Kaufman, his game fits perfectly at IU with Duncomb and Lander, Phinisee, Galloway, Leal, Geronimo.

Duncomb destroyed Furst, so that is great for the future. Really hoping that TK sees how good a fit IU and LD is for his hoops future. Broilee fans laying low after this buttblasting of Furst by Duncomb...

Duncomb destroyed Furst, so that is great for the future. Really hoping that TK sees how good a fit IU and LD is for his hoops future. Broilee fans laying low after this buttblasting of Furst by Duncomb...

It was one game in an AAU setting lol. Duncomb looked really good but Furst is still the better player.

I was really impressed with Logan especially his passing. He did a lot of high low with Trey, but there were other good passes he made to players for open shots. The kid has good court awareness

Hows it going to feel when Duncomb and Kaufman have better careers at Indiana than Furst does at Purdue?

Once again, how about we actually beat PU before we start chirping? We've generally had the higher rated players over the last several years and they've continued to beat us. There's no reason for them to fear LD or any IU recruit, until we start beating them regularly.

Once again, how about we actually beat PU before we start chirping? We've generally had the higher rated players over the last several years and they've continued to beat us. There's no reason for them to fear LD or any IU recruit, until we start beating them regularly.
I think PU's success is institutional stability. Painter has been there a long time and has his system in place. Even Crean won two B1G Championships during his nine years. His problem was he had too many down years after getting it going. We all gave him a pass his first three yrs and saw improvement during Cody's freshman yr. But it did not stay constant. Those down years really cost him.

I think PU's success is institutional stability. Painter has been there a long time and has his system in place. Even Crean won two B1G Championships during his nine years. His problem was he had too many down years after getting it going. We all gave him a pass his first three yrs and saw improvement during Cody's freshman yr. But it did not stay constant. Those down years really cost him.

I think you're taking it 1 step too far. Painter's just a pretty damn good coach. He's really only had 1 group of players that would've allowed him to compete nationally, but he regularly puts out good teams that are tough to beat. If he weren't a pretty damn good coach, they'd also not have had the "institutional stability" you're talking about.

Last edited:
You’re right. I guess all the people who get paid to evaluate these guys are just way off. Or maybe you’re putting too much emphasis on one AAU game.

Normally I would agree with you. But this wasn't just a situation where one guy was hot, and the other wasn't. LD flat out looked better in every phase of the game.

To start, let's admit that neither guy plays 'above the rim'. That's just not something either guy will bring to the table. Both look like 4 year guys, 3 years minimum.

That said, LN showed a lot more than making some shots.....really good hands; timing on his jumping; an easy, soft touch at the FT line; aggressiveness, effort; ball-handling; an even temperament. On the other hand, CF failed to appear.

Based on this game alone, LN looked like a top 50 guy. Furst did not show enough to be evaluated.

Now........maybe Furst wasn't feeling well. Maybe he doesn't like his teammates. Don't know what the problem was. And a lot of people on here have watched him play and really wanted him.

And.....LN looked better than he's looked on any previous highlight videos I've seen. Did he just have a great game.....or is he a guy that is really coming into his own? And is Furst a guy who has topped out? Could be........ratings for this year have obviously been affected by the lack of high-level AAU games. So who knows? But I'd be wondering if I was a PU fan.

Normally I would agree with you. But this wasn't just a situation where one guy was hot, and the other wasn't. LD flat out looked better in every phase of the game.

To start, let's admit that neither guy plays 'above the rim'. That's just not something either guy will bring to the table. Both look like 4 year guys, 3 years minimum.

That said, LN showed a lot more than making some shots.....really good hands; timing on his jumping; an easy, soft touch at the FT line; aggressiveness, effort; ball-handling; an even temperament. On the other hand, CF failed to appear.

Based on this game alone, LN looked like a top 50 guy. Furst did not show enough to be evaluated.

Now........maybe Furst wasn't feeling well. Maybe he doesn't like his teammates. Don't know what the problem was. And a lot of people on here have watched him play and really wanted him.

And.....LN looked better than he's looked on any previous highlight videos I've seen. Did he just have a great game.....or is he a guy that is really coming into his own? And is Furst a guy who has topped out? Could be........ratings for this year have obviously been affected by the lack of high-level AAU games. So who knows? But I'd be wondering if I was a PU fan.
LN?

I was surprised when Duncomb took that 3. It didn't go in but he looked good taking it. You make a good point about Furst perhaps not feeling well or there being some other problem. I've been impressed with him since his sophomore yr and I didn't think he looked the same.

I think you're taking it 1 step too far. Painter's just a pretty damn good coach. He's really only had 1 group of players that would've allowed him to compete nationally, but he regularly puts out good teams that are tough to beat. If he weren't a pretty damn good coach, they'd also not have had the "institutional stability" you're talking about.
Oh, I believe Painter is a good coach. To be honest he seems like a pretty good guy overall. I feel guilty listening to him on interviews and liking him. As an IU fan I wasn't sure I could. He has had some down years since being at PU. What if the administration had gotten rid of him and hired somebody else? Who knows how it would have turned out? I actually see this kind of thing going on in churches. The churches who think,"get rid of the pastor" first are the ones who just never seem too stable. It makes sense because if you are always changing leaders then you probably won't be.

You honestly make a lot of good points. Duncomb looked good and Furst didn’t. I just think it’s hard to draw many conclusions from one AAU game. Furst has clearly proven himself over many HS/AAU games to be a legit top 50 guy. One AAU game doesn’t change that.

Reactions: minneman
I was surprised when Duncomb took that 3. It didn't go in but he looked good taking it. You make a good point about Furst perhaps not feeling well or there being some other problem. I've been impressed with him since his sophomore yr and I didn't think he looked the same.

Duncomb looked like one of those 6'10" 230 lbs versatile inside/outside Wisconsin F/Cs who have been kicking our ass the last 10 years. He'll end up being a guy who takes 4 3s a game and makes 40% of them by the time he's a JR.

Duncomb looked like one of those 6'10" 230 lbs versatile inside/outside Wisconsin F/Cs who have been kicking our ass the last 10 years. He'll end up being a guy who takes 4 3s a game and makes 40% of them by the time he's a JR.
Perfect for Archie style. He’s a packline pick setting dude. Pretty much score from the inside out. Looks good to me.

Perfect for Archie style. He’s a packline pick setting dude. Pretty much score from the inside out. Looks good to me.

The single thing that most impressed me was that on 3-4 occasions he got a rebound and headed down court with the ball until he gave it up at mid-court. When we recruited him I thought he'd be something of a stiff, but far from it............

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
The single thing that most impressed me was that on 3-4 occasions he got a rebound and headed down court with the ball until he gave it up at mid-court. When we recruited him I thought he'd be something of a stiff, but far from it............
He’s looking like he might be that guy. That guy that drives other teams crazy. He’s pretty physical with a great touch. I’m pretty excited to see him play at IU.

Reactions: kkott
Thanks a lot for clearing that up for everybody:rolleyes:

Not sure that's a good thing. Think about it, your choice is Duncomb bringing the ball up or Lander... do you really think the former is ever going to be the better option? I like a big who keeps the ball high on a rebound, pivots and fires an outlet to a guard that is already headed upcourt because he knows what their big man will do, and then the big puts his head down and busts it to the rim after firing that outlet.

Not sure that's a good thing. Think about it, your choice is Duncomb bringing the ball up or Lander... do you really think the former is ever going to be the better option? I like a big who keeps the ball high on a rebound with 2 hands, pivots and fires an outlet to a guard that is already headed upcourt because he knows what their big man will do, and then the big puts his head down and busts it to the rim after firing that outlet.

My scenario will get the ball downcourt quicker and more surely 10-10 times, and the guard knows they have the benefit of a trailing big man ready for a pass back or to clean up a miss. That's how you fast break.

ADVERTISEMENT