ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Duncomb Committs

Funny thing is there isn’t

I respectfully disagree. There’s a much better path to immediate playing at Indiana than Purdue. We know IU will be graduating Smith and Brunk, and there’s more than an outside shot of TJD leaving after 2 years so IU is potentially replacing it’s starting frontcourt.

Race/Duncomb at the 5 is the most logical sense and that would allow Kaufman to start at the 4 immediately. Even in a world where TJD stays it’s more than probable he and Kaufman occupy the front court.

I struggle to see where Kaufman starts immediately at Purdue? He’d get minutes but knowing Painter and his style, it’s going to be tough for Kaufman to play his way into the starting rotation. Unless Williams leaves early, he’s your lock at the 5. Incoming Furst gets the nod right away at the 4. Now there’s a possibility Painter goes to a larger lineup, but Painter has always preferred a steady 3 guard lineup with guys who can all handle the ball. Kaufman as a freshman is not ready for that role and by starting Kaufman Painter is electing not to start one of Ivey, Morton, or Hunter who all have a year experience and personnel-wise is a much better fit for his offense.

Yes there’s definitely a world where Kaufman still commits to Purdue and still a world where Kaufman plays significant minutes as a Freshman, but in only speaking to immediate playing time, IU has a distinct advantage over Purdue as it stands now.

This is a great get and a very nice surprise.

The rumors were we were third behind Xavier and Ohio State and that getting him was less likely because he'd probably not get to campus for a visit.

So wow. Archie didn't only get him to visit he got him to commit.

The good: He supposedly has a great motor, is still growing but has a huge wingspan and tends to win. He is projected to be a solid four year player.

More importantly he provides outstanding class balance. He provides an upcoming need as we are expected to lose TJD and Brunk and need a big or two.

He's also part of Indy elite who is very familiar with our other recruits (Leal, Lander, Galloway, hopefully Kaufman).

Don't forget, the best four year college players are recruits like him. He's a foundational player with some promising skills and a great motor.

This is a great and surprising pick up.

It's fair to rip Archie for his slow improvement (and we have improved nationally all three years, just not as quickly as I would have liked) but his stewardship has been top notch and I couldn't be more pleased with his recruiting.

He's brought in an amazing balance recruiting. From stars to program guys and all highest character guys.

Duncome is supposedly a great student as well.

This is the old Duke formula before K went one and done. Just need a little more high end/high character guys which we'll get once we become a consistent top 15/top 10 program.

If it helps us get Kaufman I am all for it. I've not seen the kid play but he sounds intriguing.

Is an intriguing prospect with or without Kaufman. The 5 position was arguably our biggest need left to fill. Securing Lander and Duncomb before the summer even starts gives IU the luxury of going all-in on Kaufman and still gives us time to set ourselves up in good position with a player like Trey Patterson or Aminu Mohammed. Lander more than likely will reclassify, but a class of Kaufman, Duncomb, and then Patterson/Mohammed is about as big as it gets.

Who’s that? And, if you really coached, you’d have recruiting insights that you’ve already shown you lack. Nice try.

An Adidas sponsored program based out of the same state as Indiana Elite that played in several local/regional tournaments with Indiana Elite. Someone with your superior knowledge and deductive reasoning skills should be able to connect the dots right off the bat.

Name a championship team made up of 100-150 ranked kids.
Why ask this question you doof!! The question should be who has won a championship made up of class rankings in the 30-50 range? Villanova is one. Their classes are/were similar to what Archie is getting.

An Adidas sponsored program based out of the same state as Indiana Elite that played in several local/regional tournaments with Indiana Elite. Someone with your superior knowledge and deductive reasoning skills should be able to connect the dots right off the bat.
Funny, Brnk is known for foot in mouth comments.

Reactions: Radio Zero
But one you’re not willing to name, for obvious reasons. Connecting the dots would expose your nonsense pretty quickly, so your fear of exposure makes perfect sense. Nice try.

But one you’re not willing to name, for obvious reasons. Connecting the dots would expose your nonsense pretty quickly, so your fear of exposure makes perfect sense. Nice try.

Look buddy, I’ve coached for over 30 years in multiple states spanning different levels from junior high all the way to junior college. Validating myself to a wannabe troll who regularly posts under different usernames to get a rise out a message board is the absolute least of my concerns. If you really wanted to you could find out who I am.

Look buddy, I’ve coached for over 30 years in multiple states spanning different levels from junior high all the way to junior college. Validating myself to a wannabe troll who regularly posts under different usernames to get a rise out a message board is the absolute least of my concerns. If you really wanted to you could find out who I am.
Your explanation of certain things was so cliched that it was obvious you weren’t a coach. Don’t blame you a bit for being afraid to say anymore. Nice try. Lol

Owned

Bloom, is that you under a new name on the lowly freeby board?

Why ask this question you doof!! The question should be who has won a championship made up of class rankings in the 30-50 range? Villanova is one. Their classes are/were similar to what Archie is getting.
False. Those teams were loaded with NBA players and a handful of McD AAs.

False. Those teams were loaded with NBA players and a handful of McD AAs.
Future NBA players. Class rank was 27,36,48 and 29 leading up to the championship year. That 2015 team had 1 five star. Brunson. The rest were 4* or less. Brunson was also the only Burger boy on the roster in 2015-16. So saying that that team was loaded is not entirely true. Sure those players developed nicely. Wright built that team with 3-4 year guys.

Haston was a 3 year player and had a completely different skill set than Duncombe. Duncombe is a traditional back to the basket player with a nice repertoire of post moves. Not nearly as big as Zeller nor athletic but should be able to develop a respectable mid-range/face-up game.

Reminds me a ton of former IU player Luke Fischer. If you followed Fischer's career at Marquette he became a very solid player for them.

4 year junior (Haston).

I was thinking Fisher as well. Or someone like Jared Berggren from Wisconsin several years ago.

You’re still wrong, which is what is so right about you. That, plus your unwillingness to come here after each and every loss. It was a brilliant display of your cowardice.

well, some here took the losses hard. Some here enjoyed them. Weird.

It's a solid commitment at what is historically a difficult position for us to recruit. I must admit the first profile I saw listed him as a 6'8" 220# center, which was concerning, but I've also seen him listed at 6'9" and the 7'4" reach is terrific, as is the fact that he's 16. Hoping he grows another inch or two to 6'10". But the bottom line is the class will make or break on if we're able to sign a top 50 kid we are targeting. The 2020 class is average for where we should be, unless Lander moves up. If he does, then we still need a more highly ranked player or 2 in '21 to keep pace with the top third of our conference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT