ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Duncomb Committs

I would fine with building rosters like Villanova and Virginia have done.

Yeah, we’ve been through that in detail several times here - particularly Villanova. But you can also throw various other recently successful teams/programs to the list: TTU, Wisconsin, Auburn, etal.

It’s no secret I’m not sold on Archie Miller. I think we should’ve made a coaching change after this season - and I still do. The results to date have been consistently below average and simply don’t warrant him being retained. We should expect more than we’ve gotten.

That said, I don’t have too many problems with his recruiting strategy. And I absolutely agree that a highly competitive team can be built without classes stocked full of 5-stars. I just don’t think CAM’s the guy to do it - but I hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Yeah, we’ve been through that in detail several times here - particularly Villanova. But you can also throw various other recently successful teams/programs to the list: TTU, Wisconsin, Auburn, etal.

It’s no secret I’m not sold on Archie Miller. I think we should’ve made a coaching change after this season - and I still do. The results to date have been consistently below average and simply don’t warrant him being retained. We should expect more than we’ve gotten.

That said, I don’t have too many problems with his recruiting strategy. And I absolutely agree that a highly competitive team can be built without classes stocked full of 5-stars. I just don’t think CAM’s the guy to do it - but I hope he proves me wrong.
It’s a system. The reason those above teams have been successful is because they were allowed to build it. Especially Wisconsin who stayed within the system.

Your feelings are noted but please quit representing them as any form of thought. Or maybe add reasoning, if, you can.

It’s a system. The reason those above teams have been successful is because they were allowed to build it. Especially Wisconsin who stayed within the system.

I don’t think we’ve shown much improvement at all in 3 years. If we have, it’s been insignificant.

The proof is always in results. And ours have been pretty bad — or, at least, certainly nowhere near what we should expect and demand.

Reactions: mk23
don't tell that to our friends on GBI...they already have a locker in Mackey with his name tag on it....
Those people clearly lack an understanding of roster construction. Caleb Furst ('21 Fort Wayne Blackhawk) already occupies the stretch-4 position, and will be paired alongside 7'3", 290-pound center Zach Edey.

Those people clearly lack an understanding of roster construction. Caleb Furst ('21 Fort Wayne Blackhawk) already occupies the stretch-4 position, and will be paired alongside 7'3", 290-pound center Zach Edey.
yep valid points. There is more playing time waiting for Kaufmann in Bloomington assuming TJD won't be here 4 yrs. And even if he is, Brunk will be done and Race will be a senior. I like the trends....now if this team could only shoot 3s with any sort of accuracy.

Right now, Edey is not very good,and is a "project". To pencil him in with Furst , and getting Haarms' minutes next year, would be a great thing - for IU and the rest of the B1G. He is closer to Matt Ten Daam than to Matt Haarms.

yep valid points. There is more playing time waiting for Kaufmann in Bloomington assuming TJD won't be here 4 yrs. And even if he is, Brunk will be done and Race will be a senior. I like the trends....now if this team could only shoot 3s with any sort of accuracy.
You don’t think Purdue would find a way to get Kaufmann on the floor? They would.

Our recruiting is going pretty well TBH. Some guys want us to recruit like UK, Kansas, and Duke. That’s not going to happen untill we sniff the Final 4 a few times. That would change the narrative.

Our recruiting is going pretty well TBH. Some guys want us to recruit like UK, Kansas, and Duke. That’s not going to happen untill we sniff the Final 4 a few times. That would change the narrative.
I’m not sure I want to. That formula has worked ok but Villanova and Virginia could arguably be as good. In the 10 years the one and done thing hasn’t produced any better.

Reactions: UncleMark
Sounds like a good recruit, maybe not a KZ, but maybe forms into a Haston type 4 year player

Sounds like a good recruit, maybe not a KZ, but maybe forms into a Haston type 4 year player

Haston was a 3 year player and had a completely different skill set than Duncombe. Duncombe is a traditional back to the basket player with a nice repertoire of post moves. Not nearly as big as Zeller nor athletic but should be able to develop a respectable mid-range/face-up game.

Reminds me a ton of former IU player Luke Fischer. If you followed Fischer's career at Marquette he became a very solid player for them.

The link above says #90 and a 4* (at 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan). Care to share which recruiting service you are using for your evaluation?
Generally, he pulls his ranking directly from his bung hole. If a player is ranked top 50 in every rankings except one and he's ranked 90 in that, he'll use that one (if he knows about it) and then add 30 to it and take away a star too.

Duncomb is probably similar to Garza. A little shorter. A good comparison might be Micah Potter. He could be a similar type of guy for us. Probably a guy who finishes at IU with a career avg of 12/7. Probably scores a lot more as a Jr and Sr.

Haston was a 3 year player and had a completely different skill set than Duncombe. Duncombe is a traditional back to the basket player with a nice repertoire of post moves. Not nearly as big as Zeller nor athletic but should be able to develop a respectable mid-range/face-up game.

Reminds me a ton of former IU player Luke Fischer. If you followed Fischer's career at Marquette he became a very solid player for them.
Ever see Duncomb play? Not highlight video, but an actual game?

Only about 15 or 20 times in AAU alone last summer. He played for Indiana Elite. We were in 4 or 5 of the same tournaments as them.
Who’s “we”? And do you realize why IU ended up accepting his commitment?

Great get to secure a kid that has a high motor and has done nothing but improve. 7'4" wingspan with a motor. He plays the five now telling Kaufman he will never have to. They already played great together last summer. He jumped up to 80 in the rankings on 247

Another smart, hard nosed kid.
If it helps us get Kaufman I am all for it. I've not seen the kid play but he sounds intriguing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT