ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Duncomb Committs

Great get to secure a kid that has a high motor and has done nothing but improve. 7'4" wingspan with a motor. He plays the five now telling Kaufman he will never have to. They already played great together last summer. He jumped up to 80 in the rankings on 247

Another smart, hard nosed kid.

I call BS. Just ask my buddy fpeaugh!! ;):D

curious how you see a 4 star top 100 commit as something negative?

If he had snubbed CAM and IU, would you have felt better?
He’s a 3 star ranked 143rd that we beat out Iowa for. I’m sure he’s a good kid but that’s not how you win championships. Not going into year 5.

Reactions: IUgradman
The link above says #90 and a 4* (at 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan). Care to share which recruiting service you are using for your evaluation?

He’s a 3 star ranked 143rd that we beat out Iowa for. I’m sure he’s a good kid but that’s not how you win championships. Not going into year 5.

Reactions: 76-1
The link above says #90 and a 4* (at 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan). Care to share which recruiting service you are using for your evaluation?

He's using Rivals, the site who hasn't updated their rankings since the fall and has him the lowest rated out of any the major services. This is his tactic ALWAYS that I should have ignored. He'll use the the lowest ranking come the Spring once all the major sites have been updated.

He's using Rivals, the site who hasn't updated their rankings since the fall and has him the lowest rated out of any the major services. This is his tactic ALWAYS that I should have ignored. He'll use the the lowest ranking come the Spring once all the major sites have been updated.
We’re on a Rivals site. So yes I use Rivals. That’s common sense.

The evidence is strong that we need top 50-75 kids - not top 100-150 kids if we want to compete at a high level.
This is a great start to 21 recruiting. He has familiarity with a lot of the Indiana elite kids. He and Kauffman would be a great 21 front court that will be here a while. Our last two one and dones (Vonleh snd Romeo) missed the tournament

we need solid 3-4 yr players and this kid fits the mold.

When people have an agenda, there is no pleasing them, other than actions that fit their agenda. There is no point arguing with such people. Banging your head against the wall is energy better spent.

Put your trust in Coach Donavan. Just because Lander committed to Louisville doesn't mean Billy won't get us where you want.

Sarcasm.

feepew and his "archie can't recruit" gang (see below) have been proven as negative dolts again. Archie is building a program, the right way. Feepew cannot stand it....being wrong again.

Reactions: rocketo and Sassy61

You have to watch how his narrative will change in the future though. When we beat some top ranked teams in the future as we have this year he will then change what sites he is looking at. His response will then be, well we should beat those guys when we have solid 4 star guys like Duncomb. When we lose games the narrative will be see we don't need these rival 3 star guys we need 5 star guys. He's hopeless

You have to watch how his narrative will change in the future though. When we beat some top ranked teams in the future as we have this year he will then change what sites he is looking at. His response will then be, well we should beat those guys when we have solid 4 star guys like Duncomb. When we lose games the narrative will be see we don't need these rival 3 star guys we need 5 star guys. He's hopeless
Narrative. Love it.

Reactions: ORG
4/5 First Team AA were consensus sub top 75 recruits coming out of high school. Only Payton Pritchard was a consensus top 50 player and he was rated 45th. Those aren't outliers.
Name a championship team made up of 100-150 ranked kids.

Securing a commitment from Duncomb is huge for IU. When he enrolls in June of 2021, he will slide right in to the 5-spot currently occupied by Joey Brunk.

Say that Trayce Jackson-Davis enters the NBA Draft and signs with an agent after the coming season, and that creates a dynamic where Trey Kaufman plays the stretch-4 position he covets.

This is the scenario being pitched to Kaufman. Notice that Kaufman stated publicly that Archie Miller and his staff have been contacting him the most of any staff in America in the last few weeks...

Reactions: ORG
Name a championship team made up of 100-150 ranked kids.

Plenty of championship caliber teams whose core is made up of 3-4 year players. No one is saying IU can't or shouldn't recruit higher rated players, but Logan Duncomb is just a piece of the puzzle. Very likely that team with Logan Duncomb is going to feature top 75 players in Jerome Hunter, Trey Kaufman, and Khristian Lander.

Securing a commitment from Duncomb is huge for IU. When he enrolls in June of 2021, he will slide right in to the 5-spot currently occupied by Joey Brunk.

Say that Trayce Jackson-Davis enters the NBA Draft and signs with an agent after the coming season, and that creates a dynamic where Trey Kaufman plays the stretch-4 position he covets.

This is the scenario being pitched to Kaufman. Notice that Kaufman stated publicly that Archie Miller and his staff have been contacting him the most of any staff in America in the last few weeks...
Still firm that he is a silent commit?

Still firm that he is a silent commit?
Still firm. Nothing has changed, and I don't anticipate anything changing. Due to COVID-19, there will not be an AAU circuit, meaning there won't be any chances for Kaufman to be watched by other coaching staffs or have any in-person visits with other coaching staffs.

Couple that with what appears to be IU's relentless pursuit of digital interaction with Kaufman (FaceTime, phone calls, texting, etc.), and the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: ORG and Willray
curious how you see a 4 star top 100 commit as something negative?

If he had snubbed CAM and IU, would you have felt better?
Yes , he would have

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

The evidence is strong that we need top 50-75 kids - not top 100-150 kids if we want to compete at a high level.
You literally would bitch if the hottest piece of a$$ was sitting on your face. You literally are the dumbest poster on this site. Mouth breather elite. You contradict yourself. I can’t wait for a response followed up by “keep up” and “kid”. Doofus!

Still firm. Nothing has changed, and I don't anticipate anything changing. Due to COVID-19, there will not be an AAU circuit, meaning there won't be any chances for Kaufman to be watched by other coaching staffs or have any in-person visits with other coaching staffs.

Couple that with what appears to be IU's relentless pursuit of digital interaction with Kaufman (FaceTime, phone calls, texting, etc.), and the writing is on the wall.
don't tell that to our friends on GBI...they already have a locker in Mackey with his name tag on it....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT