ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Duncomb Committs

‘I want to play for winners’: Why Logan Duncomb chose IU (IDS)

...Duncomb plays with a very high motor — playing with higher intensity and effort than most for every second of the game ... while most players want to go outside the arc and shoot 3-pointers, Duncomb is relentless going for rebounds. ... Duncomb would go through a wall to get the ball.

This is what we need. I feel like we've been missing 2 things - shooters and guys who simply play harder than the other team. Every good IU team in the past had both.

Given the fertile recruiting ground that Miller has access to, there's no excuse for having guys that can't shoot and don't have a high motor.

I feel like that was one of RMK's issues at the end - he didn't have guys who played super hard. I'm watching PU vs IU from 1999-2000 and it's amazing how much harder these guys played during this game than previous games that they lost.

I'd rather have more Fife and Hornsbys than Reckers and Colliers. The Reckers and Colliers are flashier and mostly higher-ranked (I know that Fife was a burger boy too), but I believe Miller needs to mix burger boys who have athletic skills with guys who would run through a wall to win the game.

I think that's what Coach K has been missing - he only has the burger boys these days. There needs to be a combo and it seems that Miller is working on getting the right balance on the IU teams going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT