ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Cheney has the biggest balls in the entire Congress.

Trump is gonna Trump. I would think we know enough about him by now to know that antagonizing him doesn’t make things better and only gives the crazies “fleas” something to hold on to, another battle to spectate. The opportunity to be the combative is his oxygen and without it the the fire burns out.

Yes that’s a lot of metaphors and yes this is how you treat a child seeking attention.

The guys megaphone has been extremely reduced, he’s only got guest appearances on the Candace Owens show and Fox News to sustain him now. In time it will burn out if you let it.
Well, I think Cheney is playing a longer game as well figuring there might be value someday in having been the Anti-Trump. If she's wrong on that and, as you note, the Trump fire dies she isn't going to be punished anyway. She's in a safe district. Pretty shrewd on her part if you ask me.

Well, I think Cheney is playing a longer game as well figuring there might be value someday in having been the Anti-Trump. If she's wrong on that and, as you note, the Trump fire dies she isn't going to be punished anyway. She's in a safe district. Pretty shrewd on her part if you ask me.
I agree. But putting personal political maneuvering above party is precisely why some Republicans are mad.

I agree. But putting personal political maneuvering above party is precisely why some Republicans are mad.
Some would say the Trumpistas did it first. Chickens, eggs, etc. I mean look at LIndsay Graham now compared to 2008. It's would be shocking save for the jaded nature of our politics.

She's in a safe district..but maybe not for her

I see it as putting the truth above destructive, anti-democratic bald-faced lies.
I don’t necessarily think there’s anything ignoble in what Cheney’s doing. But I don’t think biting her tongue would be ignoble either.

Fletch, just curious.

Do you think Fannie and Freddie caused the 2008 financial crisis and eliminating these GSEs would help prevent another one.
Do I think they caused the 2008 financial crisis?

Ummm.......no, but they obviously didn't help prevent it either. And as quasi-government institutions, they were at least responsible for the oversight of the banks that sold all those NINJA loans.

The professor was a total Conflict theorist, if not full blown Marxist. He graduated from Cal Berkeley during I think the late '60's or early '70's. Every topic we discussed was a predator-prey relationship. Government good. Capitalism evil. Nice guy, he still believed in free speech. But the class was total indoctrination. I'm was a little older than everyone in there, so let's say I didn't buy in.

Getting back to your original question, I think if you're teaching a class about the financial meltdown of 2008, without even once mentioning Freddie/Fannie and their lack of oversight, is dereliction in my view. Especially when those rascally Republicans had been warning for years that Fannie/Freddie needed more regulation. How Franklin Raines avoided prosecution is beyond me.

Last edited:
No idea why you libs support a warmonger.

Tough choice, a foreign war mongerer (or is that her dad) or an insurrectionist, populace movement that borrows slogans from the KKK (America First) and Nazi Germany (Make Germany Great Again).

So yeah, tough choice.

More interesting is watching the republican party trying to execute its wishes for its autocratic, populous leader.

It's fascinating to watch from afar, as long as it stays afar.

What's interesting is Cheany voted with Trump over 90% of the time while Stefanik only about 70% of the time.

So this isn't at all about policy. It's about loyalty to the leader.

Do I think they caused the 2008 financial crisis?

Ummm.......no, but they obviously didn't help prevent it either. And as quasi-government institutions, they were at least responsible for the oversight of the banks that sold all those NINJA loans.

The professor was a total Conflict theorist, if not full blown Marxist. He graduated from Cal Berkeley during I think the late '60's or early '70's. Every topic we discussed was a predator-prey relationship. Government good. Capitalism evil. Nice guy, he still believed in free speech. But the class was total indoctrination. I'm was a little older than everyone in there, so let's say I didn't buy in.

Getting back to your original question, I think if you're teaching a class about the financial meltdown of 2008, without even once mentioning Freddie/Fannie and their lack of oversight, is dereliction in my view. Especially when those rascally Republicans had been warning for years that Fannie/Freddie needed more regulation. How Franklin Raines avoided prosecution is beyond me.
Fletch, appreciate your responding to my questions.

Think I have a better understanding of why you questioned the bias of the professor given your point of view.

My final question is.. Why you took this class in the first place ?

Goat there are numerous posters on this board that lump all of us conservatives as “trumpers.” Naming names isn’t difficult. Espouse anything anti biden or conservative you’re a trumper. It goes both ways
I think anyone who has been around for any length of time would characterize Aloha as a principled Conservative. But on the other hand, I think those same folks know he is an anti-Trumper... He made that pretty clear from the outset...
“I’ve been very hesitant to comment but since my deceased father keeps getting invoked I will say this: John Weaver and Steve Schmidt were so despised by my Dad he made it a point to ban them from his funeral. Since 2008, no McCain would have spit on them if they were on fire,” McCain wrote on Twitter
No idea why you brought up MM? But since you did...Here is the post from Ohio guy you directed your ambiguous tweet from MM towards...

"That 'mean tweets' retort seems to get tossed around a lot by the MAGA crowd these days. As if that were the only issue people had with Trump."

If your point is that she doesn't like Weaver and Schmidt for personal reasons that may well be accurate. But to try and extend it beyond that seems pretty sketchy, as I'd hardly characterize her as pro-Trump.

Honestly, Your post is confusing, almost as if you're trying to claim that she somehow supports Trump. However, she just issued a pretty emphatic defense of Lynn Cheney and didn't really mince words in expressing her opinion of Trump and McCarthy (and their "MAGA sausagefest")

Are you describing Cheney or McCarthy? It's a rhetorical question if you're honest enough to admit it to yourself. Or have you really not viewed/compared the many videos of McCarthy prior to and then subsequent to his trip to Mar A Looneytunes land?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yes, I have. Two years ago. Took a Social Problems class among others, in which one five week topic was the "Great Recession" of 2008. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were never even mentioned by the professor.

How many weeks did they need to cover the topic of internet msg boards?

How many weeks did they need to cover the topic of internet msg boards?
Shoot that would have taken the whole semester. He had to call down to the IT department anytime he wanted to use the projector for displaying something off the internet.

Fletch, appreciate your responding to my questions.

Think I have a better understanding of why you questioned the bias of the professor given your point of view.

My final question is.. Why you took this class in the first place ?
There was no need to question if there was bias. Ray Charles could see it within ten minutes on the first day of class. He didn't hide it, he didn't try to couch it. Went back to try and finish for my degree.

Last edited:
Looks like the Republicans in the House are ready to sack Cheney and replace her with Stefanik. Remind me, what does the current iteration on the Republican Party stand for?

Last edited:
Right. But it also shows that kissing his ass is a requirement still today. Step outta line and the man come and haul you away.
No way. We've been told that libs are stupid for even talking about whatshisname now that he is out of office. He has no influence on anything, and we should all just ignore him.
Ignoring things seems to be the Pub strategy for all unpleasant things/people.

This whole thing with Cheney is all about her unwillingness to kiss Trump's ring. Nothing more or less.
Why should she have to and why would she want to? He's a two-time popular vote loser who took a wrecking ball to American democracy because he wasn't man enough to admit he lost.

The Republican Party is now all about fealty to one person. Pathetic.

Why should she have to and why would she want to? He's a two-time popular vote loser who took a wrecking ball to American democracy because he wasn't man enough to admit he lost.

The Republican Party is now all about fealty to one person. Pathetic.
She doesn't and she didn't

The odd thing is how much a loyally die-hard conservative voter Cheney is. Right of Trump, right of most of Trump's butt-kissers, including ones on here.

Reactions: largemouth
The odd thing is how much a loyally die-hard conservative voter Cheney is. Right of Trump, right of most of Trump's butt-kissers, including ones on here.
You're right, of course, but the only thing that matters is if the individual Republicans being scrutinized act like they are kissing either Trump's finger ring or Trump's anal orifice ring.

The Republicans aren't going to be permitted to merely point to their voting record for supporting Trump's proposals -- that's impossibly too difficult for Mr. January-6-take-back-my-country-capitol-invader. He simply can't do the math. What he needs is someone to say simply "I support Trump and he supports me."

That's all they're looking for -- no thought, no analysis, just please tell me mommy what I should blindly do.

And as the Club for Growth has pointed out, the person replacing her has the 4th most liberal voting record among Republicans.

The Republicans aren't going to be permitted to merely point to their voting record for supporting Trump's proposals

Stefanik vote no on the 2017 tax cut. It isn't policy driving this, it is simple blind loyalty to Trump

This makes my head hurt. How many times have we been told Trump's support is because of his policies?

This makes my head hurt. How many times have we been told Trump's support is because of his policies?
Since she is one of my money-grifting Trump "penpals", and I've gotten more than a few texts "from" her requesting $$$$, I can vouch for her status as a female Trump Cult groupie...She definitely worships at the Church of Cheeto Jesus...

Certainly some people are the issues people. But they are clearly the minority of Trump supporters. Populists tend to be very personality driven. Look at the D side, our D populist hated Warren even though the difference between Warren and Bernie on issues was negligible.

The majority of today's rank and file GOP have a deep love affair with Trump. We see that playing out perfectly with Cheney. She will get some votes, but not the majority

So I do not doubt a specific individual may only like Trump's policies. But if anyone wants to suggest that is the default Republican position please explain why Cheney is being defrocked. It can only be explained as a loyalty test to Trump, not to issues.

ADVERTISEMENT