ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Cheney has the biggest balls in the entire Congress.

The republicans just ‘cancel cultured’ someone for telling the truth. Proving you shouldn’t attempt to try and use something you vehemently oppose. They got it completely wrong.

Big Balls Liz said she would do everything in her power to keep Trump from getting anywhere close to the Oval Office. Looks to me like she's on a mission and is not about to let the cowards determine the future direction of the party. They need to re-release Profiles in Courage and give her a chapter.

By Senate GOP, they mean McConnell and Romney, who are both also under pressure after going against Trump

If you want to get more depressed, read this opinion piece. Holy hell. I think the writers conclusion is dead on. Their is no GOP civil war because the Trump wing is in total control of the party. The battle has been fought and traditional conservatives were whipped. It wasn’t even close.

“First, beyond a few spats that make headlines, it’s getting harder to detect any serious division among rank-and-file Republicans. In Congress, and at the grassroots, the dominance of Donald Trump over the party is more or less total. The small handful who denounced the former president for his massive lies about the election and his seeding of an insurrectionist riot are now either silent, or have embraced a mealy-mouthed argument for “election integrity.” The same state officials who pushed back against Trump’s attempt to overturn November’s results have embraced a series of restrictive voting measures ostensibly designed to combat non-existent “fraud," all aimed at hobbling voters inclined to vote for Democrats. Mitch McConnell, who denounced Trump’s behavior in high-minded tones in the aftermath of the riot, also—on the exact same day—voted to exonerate him of wrongdoing.”

By Senate GOP, they mean McConnell and Romney, who are both also under pressure after going against Trump
According to Politico, even some of his "allies" in the House see McCarthy for the game he is playing. And these first couple lines make it seem like McCarthy is challenging Cruz for the role of best straight-faced lying hypocrite. Assuming he actually said this with a straight face...

"We are a big tent party," McCarthy told his colleagues. "And unlike the left, we embrace free thought and debate." He added that he has "endeavored" to lead the House Republicans by "putting the interests of our members ahead of my own."

"The thing to remember, Politico's Playbook team noted Tuesday, is "that this is about one man's ambitions," and some House Republicans are now "privately griping" about how McCarthy "has fed a colleague to the MAGA wolves in his quest to become speaker."

"McCarthy has made a gamble that he needs Donald Trump on his side to win the speakership, and his decision to turn on Cheney is winning him at least some favor with the former president," though Trump "is still lukewarm on McCarthy, we're told, and loyalty with Trump often runs only one way," Politico reports. The behind-the-scenes "backlash" against McCarthy over this situation isn't just coming "from Adam Kinzinger types."

Reactions: UncleMark
Big Balls Liz said she would do everything in her power to keep Trump from getting anywhere close to the Oval Office. Looks to me like she's on a mission and is not about to let the cowards determine the future direction of the party. They need to re-release Profiles in Courage and give her a chapter.
Can she get reelected though?

There you go Senator Lummis.
Rep. Bowman: "Manchin is doing everything in his power to stop Democracy"
I’d like to see Manchin try and work with the GOP on a counter to HR1 that removes all the bloat but addresses some fundamental voting rights issues. I guess I’d like to see him use his new found power to accomplish things in a bipartisan way. If that’s even possible today.

I’d like to see Manchin try and work with the GOP on a counter to HR1 that removes all the bloat but addresses some fundamental voting rights issues. I guess I’d like to see him use his new found power to accomplish things in a bipartisan way. If that’s even possible today.
I would guess he's skeptical anything could get 60 votes in the Senate and appease the progressives in the House. This was a hodge podge of garbage filed under the guise of voting rights. He's not going to vote to eliminate the filibuster (there are a lot of Dem Senators glad he's carrying their water here...they agree with him but don't want the crazies unleased on them).
He will be the 51st vote on something in the future. He has a very fine line to walk...a Republican holding this seat for 30 years is a possibility in the near term if he plays his cards wrong

Mitt Romney was booed and heckled at the Utah state Republican Party meeting. It’s disqualifying for a GOP candidate to say that Biden won the Presidential election. None of this has anything to do with policy but it all shows that the GOP is still fully the Trump party.

Edit to add:

Funny thing about this is that Trump was a lifelong Democrat and to the left of Romney on most issues. Trump said Romney lost in 2012 because he was too tough on illegal immigration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT