ADVERTISEMENT

Live Game Thread: Indiana vs. Nebraska | Game 2 |

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say many, but we have struggled against the ones at or near the top. MD has split with Michigan in the two games so far in that series, and they probably see the final three games at home against IU as their stepping stone to the field of 64, and they have been a hot team. We do not have a B1G tournament to bail us out, so our season is on the threshold of ending in MD with no post-season. If somehow we can finish strong over the last five games, maybe we can get there, but I sure wouldn't want to bet the farm on that.
Small clarification: I said "that many B10 teams are better..." I meant the 4 teams above us...we are poorer than THAT MANY teams (4). So we agree that our problem is the top tier teams.

Reactions: ptrich
I wouldn't go quite so far as to say many, but we have struggled against the ones at or near the top. MD has split with Michigan in the two games so far in that series, and they probably see the final three games at home against IU as their stepping stone to the field of 64, and they have been a hot team. We do not have a B1G tournament to bail us out, so our season is on the threshold of ending in MD with no post-season. If somehow we can finish strong over the last five games, maybe we can get there, but I sure wouldn't want to bet the farm on that.
I absolutely hate teams that fold at the end of seasons when the pressure gets ratcheted up. It seems like our Hoosiers are headed down that dark trail. Total 💩 show lately.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate teams that fold at the end of seasons when the pressure gets ratcheted up. It seems like our Hoosiers are headed down that dark trail. Total 💩 show lately.
We all knew that the end of the schedule was the toughest part of our schedule and would make or break the team as far as the conference race goes, and it showed that we are not quite up to the level that the better teams are at. Part of it is that we are a young team that can be inconsistent while teams like Mich and Neb are veteran teams that have been strengthened by grad transfers, etc. That's just part of it, but I think it is a significant part of it. During the stretch, our pitching has been up and down as well as our hitting. In game one with Neb during the pod, we got a dreadful pitching performance by Somer which we couldn't overcome with our hitting, and then yesterday, we got pretty good pitching only to get shutdown by a pitcher that had ordinary numbers coming into the game. We have had just a dreadful time trying to get all aspects of the game to come together for a complete performance. All of this is simplistic, but that is the best way that I can put it with what I see. Needless to say, the coaching staff knows more than anyone what the strengths and the weaknesses of the team are, and I don't know if they will go with the status quo in the off season and hope that the experience gained this season will pay dividends next season, or what.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT