ADVERTISEMENT

Lisa Murkowski calls on Trump to resign. May leave Republican Party

Remember when Susan Collins was going to save us then decided he'd learned his lesson and she didn't need to vote to convict? I'm not holding out hope for Murkowski to stick with this past the 21st.
I'm not sure why, but I think Murkowski is more sincere and has more integrity than Collins. If she does leave the Republican Party, she'll declare herself an Independent like Angus King. I could see Manchin doing the same thing. They could team up and be the power within the Senate.

Remember when Susan Collins was going to save us then decided he'd learned his lesson and she didn't need to vote to convict? I'm not holding out hope for Murkowski to stick with this past the 21st.

The Gang of Four (minus Romney) look pretty ridiculous after Wed. Did they honestly believe Trump had "learned his lesson"? Bwahahaha...

Murkowski's ties to the GOP have long been far more tenuous than Collins', though.
Yeah and her seat is more stable than Collins. Murkowski was primaried in 2010 and still won as a write in candidate (gotta believe that’s way easier to do in Alaska than in other states) and the guy who primaried her (joe Miller) tried again in 2016 as a Libertarian only to lose again.

I would agree based on the history she has only loose ties to the Republicans. She may, asMark notes, go Independent in 2022 depending on how the next 18 months go.

Yeah and her seat is more stable than Collins. Murkowski was primaried in 2010 and still won as a write in candidate (gotta believe that’s way easier to do in Alaska than in other states) and the guy who primaried her (joe Miller) tried again in 2016 as a Libertarian only to lose again.

I would agree based on the history she has only loose ties to the Republicans. She may, asMark notes, go Independent in 2022 depending on how the next 18 months go.

Winning a Senate seat as a write-in candidate is still one of the most amazing political feats, regardless of the state.

Murkowski needs to stay in the GOP and influence other GOP types to change the party into something acceptably human. And Manchin needs to stay as a Democrat . . . to influence the Democratic Party against its more self-destructive impulses.

Murkowski needs to stay in the GOP and influence other GOP types to change the party into something acceptably human. And Manchin needs to stay as a Democrat . . . to influence the Democratic Party against its more self-destructive impulses.
I suspect that what she's ultimately going for here. The time is ripe to wrench control of the GOP from Trump.

Totally. Susan Collins will always cave .

I'm not sure why, but I think Murkowski is more sincere and has more integrity than Collins. If she does leave the Republican Party, she'll declare herself an Independent like Angus King. I could see Manchin doing the same thing. They could team up and be the power within the Senate.

Reactions: UncleMark

Alaska Republican hoping to primary Murkowski tries to get Trump's attention with a little election trutherism

ADVERTISEMENT