ADVERTISEMENT

LeWhine loses

Haven't watched a second of the playoffs since the Pacers blew their chance to knock out Flop McWhinerson and company in round one.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I was told by this board that the NBA is not basketball... yet you bozos somehow continue to watch and then bitch about it... surprise, surprise

Lebron is phenomenal. Get over it. You will miss him when he is gone, but hopefully you will just stop watching altogether and everyone will be better off.

The top 3-4 teams are all in the West. It’s been like this for a few years now besides Cleveland when they had Irving still. Needs more balance among conferences.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I for one will certainly not miss the a-hole.
I miss Jordan, Bird, Magic, and pretty much everyone on the original Dream Team. I miss the Detroit teams from the 80s. Lebron is a great talent but I pretty much disagree with everything he does and says off the court. To me the NBA will never have the Nostalgia it once had. I watched and enjoyed the Rockets/Warriors series and that has been the closest it has been in a long time.

Reactions: bang63
I miss Jordan, Bird, Magic, and pretty much everyone on the original Dream Team. I miss the Detroit teams from the 80s. Lebron is a great talent but I pretty much disagree with everything he does and says off the court. To me the NBA will never have the Nostalgia it once had. I watched and enjoyed the Rockets/Warriors series and that has been the closest it has been in a long time.

Well seeing as nostalgia is based on events being in the past, it would be hard for the current NBA or even recent history to match the nostalgia of the 80's...

Lebron is a great talent but I pretty much disagree with everything he does and says off the court. To me the NBA will never have the Nostalgia it once had.

I thought his characterization of Trump as a "bum" was spot on (and restrained if anything), as was his remark 2 days ago that pretty much no one in the NBA wants an invitation to the WH. And for the record and by definition, nostalgia is specific to past events, not/never current ones.

Cleveland is Lebron and a bunch of guys named Fred. Wait till next year without him. Gonna be ugly when all those Cavs/Lebron fans jump off the bandwagon.

Can only imagine the backlash and gnashing of teeth had an NBA player called Obama a bum. Like it or not Lebron, he's your President and couldn't care less about the NBA. I find it hysterical that actors and athletes actually think Americans care what they think about things like politics. These people exist in my world solely for entertainment if I so choose, nothing more, nothing less.

Can only imagine the backlash and gnashing of teeth had an NBA player called Obama a bum. Like it or not Lebron, he's your President and couldn't care less about the NBA. I find it hysterical that actors and athletes actually think Americans care what they think about things like politics. These people exist in my world solely for entertainment if I so choose, nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps if Obama had said/done even a fraction of the idiotic BS that Trump has someone would have. But he didn't. And whatever else he did or didn't do, President Obama upheld the dignity of the Office and U.S. standing in the world, observed the rule of law, the Constitution and the separation of powers, while hauling America out of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. If you recall that got him called far worse than a bum.

As for your wishful BS about the Donald being above caring what others think of him - besides wealth it's pretty much all he cares about as his world-class narcissism attests. "Your world" sounds like a blissfully ignorant vacuum if you credit his Orangeness with being anything other than a charlatan and very bad actor himself.

I was told by this board that the NBA is not basketball... yet you bozos somehow continue to watch and then bitch about it... surprise, surprise

Lebron is phenomenal. Get over it. You will miss him when he is gone, but hopefully you will just stop watching altogether and everyone will be better off.
Because he is phenomenal, you would think that he would not flop, whine, complain, etc. on the court as much as he does. He does not need to to that. Miss him? Not so much.

Perhaps if Obama had said/done even a fraction of the idiotic BS that Trump has someone would have. But he didn't. And whatever else he did or didn't do, President Obama upheld the dignity of the Office and U.S. standing in the world, observed the rule of law, the Constitution and the separation of powers, while hauling America out of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. If you recall that got him called far worse than a bum.

As for your wishful BS about the Donald being above caring what others think of him - besides wealth it's pretty much all he cares about as his world-class narcissism attests. "Your world" sounds like a blissfully ignorant vacuum if you credit his Orangeness with being anything other than a charlatan and very bad actor himself.

When I saw Van's post, I knew it would be you that took the bait.

Actually Obuma said & did things much more idiotic.
He had absolutely no respect for the separation of powers.
Methinks "your world" is the "ignorant vacuum."
Do you really want to bring color into the conversation?

There's bait and there's stupid BS, and the mods are only sporadically available/inclined to deal with the former.

Didn't get the impression that he's baiting anyone so much as revealing his inner orange. You have a different take?

You think the mods should ban him because he likes Trump?

Actually Obuma said & did things much more idiotic.
He had absolutely no respect for the separation of powers.
Methinks "your world" is the "ignorant vacuum."
Do you really want to bring color into the conversation?

Sounds like the world according to Manafort & FOX NEW$, a.k.a., Fantasyland. Methinks that as actual 'thinking' appears to be above your pay grade, I'll settle for history's judgment on the matter but wish you the very best with plans for the President Trump Memorial Library - any respectably sized port-a-potty should be sufficiently capacious and appropriately appointed.

Sounds like the world according to Manafort & FOX NEW$, a.k.a., Fantasyland. Methinks that as actual 'thinking' appears to be above your pay grade, I'll settle for history's judgment on the matter but wish you the very best with plans for the President Trump Memorial Library - any respectably sized port-a-potty should be sufficiently capacious and appropriately appointed.

My "pay grade", as yours, is not part of the equation. Throughout my lifetime my thinking has put me in a pretty good position to know BS when I hear it.
BTW, I think you missed your calling.
You should be doing standup.

My "pay grade", as yours, is not part of the equation. Throughout my lifetime my thinking has put me in a pretty good position to know BS when I hear it.
BTW, I think you missed your calling.
You should be doing standup.

Have you ever seen Rikki try and make a funny post?

I get second hand embarrassment every time.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

I could pick this apart but I won't because unlike you, I'm ok with someone having a different opinion than mine. Isn't it grand that the "tolerance" crowd has proven to actually be the one's that are not tolerant at all. Not that you care but Trump wasn't my first choice, I wanted Allen West to run but he did not so I went for the other non-politician in the crowd that had a chance to beat the Clinton machine.

A little advice, you wouldn't get these types of responses if you didn't take every opportunity to show your hatred for Fox, Trump etc. in every other post. Let it go man. You're starting to sound like the old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn.

Haven't watched a second of the playoffs since the Pacers blew their chance to knock out Flop McWhinerson and company in round one.
The season also ended for me when the Pacers lost as well. They are the only NBA team I watched or had any interest in watching.

I saw enough of LeBron in the Pacer/Cavs series. He might be the best NBA player of all time, but I have never enjoyed watching him play. Since I only watch him when he is the opponent, I have grown to dislike him.

Teams beat the hell out of him trying to slow him down. I understand some of his whining, butt is still annoying.

I could pick this apart but I won't because unlike you, I'm ok with someone having a different opinion than mine. Isn't it grand that the "tolerance" crowd has proven to actually be the one's that are not tolerant at all. Not that you care but Trump wasn't my first choice, I wanted Allen West to run but he did not so I went for the other non-politician in the crowd that had a chance to beat the Clinton machine.

A little advice, you wouldn't get these types of responses if you didn't take every opportunity to show your hatred for Fox, Trump etc. in every other post. Let it go man. You're starting to sound like the old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn.

Sure you could - the tired recourse to contesting something on the basis of unqualified opinion is irrefutable. Some contest on the basis of actual events, and as you're esteemed opinion is only as good as its foundation, you've got nothing to whine about if and so long as all you bring is revisionist history and opinions that are immune to critical thinking/reality.

So save your advice - anyone arguing that stupidity is something that should be tolerated IS the old man yelling at kids on his lawn.

Have you ever seen Rikki try and make a funny post?

I get second hand embarrassment every time.

Well I thought comparing you to a black hole was pretty good but maybe it went over your head. And "second hand embarrassment"?! Forget it - the considerable cause you have for embarrassment is all on you - earned it fair and square.

dumb

Ah, there we go! Good to see the board is still full of dipshits and a dumb post would turn into a cluster**** in no time. Good to see everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT