ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Play "Media"!

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
"With the US already in crisis from new covid variants spreading like wildfire, and the public increasingly wary of vaccination, Pres. Biden is continuing with plans to ship scarce vaccine resources OVERSEAS, even as more and more Americans die each day. SOURCES SAY White House aides are growing resentful of the President's callous disregard for American lives. Said one anonymous source, quoting someone close to the White House staff, "Not even Trump showed this level of uncaring." Another source suggested that staffers were looking into ways to shift Covid responsibilities onto Vice President Harris, citing her well-established caring for the poor and disenfranchised, and hoping that American lives can be saved in the process. Again quoting sources close to White House staff, aides stated that President Biden's term service in the Senate had made him too "maleable" and 'too likely to compromise" in times of crisis, and that more decisive action was needed "immediately" to prevent the loss of vaccines to nations with far fewer deaths and far less populations.

suggested edit:

Pres. Biden is continuing with plans to ship completely non-scarce, surplus vaccine resources OVERSEAS, as more and more Americans die each day while they refuse to get vaccinated, believing ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Top epidemiologists pointed to the necessity of achieving a high level of vaccination worldwide, which may be possible, since few foreign citizens believe in right wing Trumperism conspiracy nonsense, though all countries have their own brand of similarly crazed bullshit that they have to fight.

"With the US already in crisis from new covid variants spreading like wildfire, and the public increasingly wary of vaccination, Pres. Biden is continuing with plans to ship scarce vaccine resources OVERSEAS, even as more and more Americans die each day. SOURCES SAY White House aides are growing resentful of the President's callous disregard for American lives. Said one anonymous source, quoting someone close to the White House staff, "Not even Trump showed this level of uncaring." Another source suggested that staffers were looking into ways to shift Covid responsibilities onto Vice President Harris, citing her well-established caring for the poor and disenfranchised, and hoping that American lives can be saved in the process. Again quoting sources close to White House staff, aides stated that President Biden's term service in the Senate had made him too "maleable" and 'too likely to compromise" in times of crisis, and that more decisive action was needed "immediately" to prevent the loss of vaccines to nations with far fewer deaths and far less populations.

This is a ridiculous take.

Do you play golf? Any other hobbies? What if we did a GoFund me so that you could spend 90% of your time on a hobby?

Are you sure they didn't get this from the Babylong Bee?

Reactions: stollcpa and ulrey
suggested edit:

Pres. Biden is continuing with plans to ship completely non-scarce, surplus vaccine resources OVERSEAS, as more and more Americans die each day while they refuse to get vaccinated, believing ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Top epidemiologists pointed to the necessity of achieving a high level of vaccination worldwide, which may be possible, since few foreign citizens believe in right wing Trumperism conspiracy nonsense, though all countries have their own brand of similarly crazed bullshit that they have to fight.
The GOP is hemorrhaging members based on conspiracy loonies, but they actually may be on the verge of physically killing off people as well. Maybe right-wing media kept a lid on the Delta variant's rampage thru India, but I just don't see how you could watch video of people on the streets of India struggling for breath as family members tried to rush them to a hospital and say "no Vaccine for me"...

Today there is news of surviving covid patients there developing a black fungus which can lead to blindness and death. I guess that's one of the co-morbidities that mas was using to try and diminish the death toll in his other thread. Get covid, survive with a weakened immune system, develop black fungus infection and go blind, end up dying from the infection.

Polling suggests partisanship plays a major role in vaccine resistance. And three of the worst states in terms of infections rising are AL, MS, and MO. With only about 50% of GOP respondents having at least one shot, there's a real possibility of Trump restarting his rallies and having them turn into super spreader events...

Reactions: billyhillui
The GOP is hemorrhaging members based on conspiracy loonies, but they actually may be on the verge of physically killing off people as well. Maybe right-wing media kept a lid on the Delta variant's rampage thru India, but I just don't see how you could watch video of people on the streets of India struggling for breath as family members tried to rush them to a hospital and say "no Vaccine for me"...

Today there is news of surviving covid patients there developing a black fungus which can lead to blindness and death. I guess that's one of the co-morbidities that mas was using to try and diminish the death toll in his other thread. Get covid, survive with a weakened immune system, develop black fungus infection and go blind, end up dying from the infection.

Polling suggests partisanship plays a major role in vaccine resistance. And three of the worst states in terms of infections rising are AL, MS, and MO. With only about 50% of GOP respondents having at least one shot, there's a real possibility of Trump restarting his rallies and having them turn into super spreader events...

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they be hesitant?

Reactions: ulrey
cosmic is a moron. republican nut jobs refusing to get vaccinated are a BIG problem; maybe the biggest, but so too are numerous other groups including minorities and granola types and people who are young and don't care and people worried about side effects and people who simply aren't worried about covid and people who've already had it and don't want a vax and on and on. we're not going to reach herd immunity. get vaccinated, protect yourself, and move on. from what i've read stadiums are going to be full capacity and if you've been vax great no mask but enforcemnt is going to be on the honor system...so.....

You just jump from one ridiculous take to another, don’t you?

Why did you vacate the guy rams a pride parade thread?

cosmic is a moron. republican nut jobs refusing to get vaccinated are a BIG problem; maybe the biggest, but so too are numerous other groups including minorities and granola types and people who are young and don't care and people worried about side effects and people who simply aren't worried about covid and people who've already had it and don't want a vax and on and on. we're not going to reach herd immunity. get vaccinated, protect yourself, and move on. from what i've read stadiums are going to be full capacity and if you've been vax great no mask but enforcemnt is going to be on the honor system...so.....
The incentives for vaccine are too white, middle/upper class, and might be systematically racist. Free scholarships, Starbucks cards, hunting and fishing gear, groceries won't cut it.

Incentives need to be new wheels and speakers for your ride, certificates to tattoo and nail salons, malt liquor, recreational pot, skateboards, baggy jeans, hoodies and for those in St Louis, free ammunition. Maybe let people keep the needle for future use. Ya gotta reach the demographic that's avoiding the vaccine.

Edited and made better.

Last edited:
The incentives for vaccine are too white and systematically racist. Free scholarships, Starbucks cards, hunting and fishing gear, groceries won't cut it.

Incentives need to be new wheels and speakers for your ride, certificates to tattoo and nail salons, malt liquor, recreational pot, skateboards, baggy jeans, hoodies and for those in St Louis, free ammunition. Maybe let people keep the needle for future use. Ya gotta reach the demographic that's avoiding the vaccine.
Your true colors shine through once again. Bravo.

The incentives for vaccine are too white and systematically racist. Free scholarships, Starbucks cards, hunting and fishing gear, groceries won't cut it.

you better duck with this post

Allowing other countries to have "our" (our in parenthesis because who says they are ours) vaccines doesn't seem to be a problem in my view given the reluctance of so many to be vaccinated.

This brings up the question of how free country such as ours with a good many folks who ignore the advice of the medical community as proven by our general lack of health ever effectively deal with a pandemic.

In other words, why would we effectively deal with a pandemic when we habitually do not deal well with everyday health threats ?

Allowing other countries to have "our" (our in parenthesis because who says they are ours) vaccines doesn't seem to be a problem in my view given the reluctance of so many to be vaccinated.

This brings up the question of how free country such as ours with a good many folks who ignore the advice of the medical community as proven by our general lack of health ever effectively deal with a pandemic.

In other words, why would we effectively deal with a pandemic when we habitually do not deal well with everyday health threats ?
yeah interesting take per usual. one would have thought the sudden trauma of covid would inspire people to get vax as opposed to dealing with more insidious shit like obesity, diabetes, smoking, etc. - but i get your point

you better duck with this post
I know. Systematic racism takes many forms, including refusal to see what's obvious.

Within minutes of my house are many tire and wheel shops, (I shudda added window tints too) tattoo and nail parlors, and pot shops. There is also a recently closed Ebony Clothing business. It closed because the building is in the process of a gentrified redevelopment. The patrons of these places are not the kind of people waiting in the Starbucks drive through. These places are all mom and pop operations, provide goods and services that people want and buy, and are almost always ignored by the white liberal policy makers.

I don't apologize for a damn thing.

I know. Systematic racism takes many forms, including refusal to see what's obvious.

Within minutes of my house are many tire and wheel shops, (I shudda added window tints too) tattoo and nail parlors, and pot shops. There is also a recently closed Ebony Clothing business. It closed because the building is in the process of a gentrified redevelopment. The patrons of these places are not the kind of people waiting in the Starbucks drive through. These places are all mom and pop operations, provide goods and services that people want and buy, and are almost always ignored by the white liberal policy makers.

I don't apologize for a damn thing.
coh this actually is an area where systemic racism plays a factor. and maybe it's not so much systemic racism as classism but i know in my own downtown getting to vax centers is a hell of a lot harder than it is for me where it couldn't be any more convenient. add in not having a car etc and what took me twenty minutes could take some three hours etc. anyway, i'm doing a bunch of shit at once and can't be as developed in my thoughts on this or as articulate as i'd like but you get the drift

Last edited:

What role does race play?

coh this actually is an area where systemic racism plays a factor. and maybe it's not so much systemic racism as being poor and late to the economic party but i know in my own downtown getting to vax centers is a hell of a lot harder than it is for me where it couldn't be any more convenient. add in not having a car etc and what took me twenty minutes could take some three hours etc. anyway, i'm doing a bunch of shit at once and can't be as developed in my thoughts on this or as articulate as i'd like but you get the drift
In addition to some chain pharmacies (which I assume provide vaccine) there is at least one Vaccine Equity Center that I am aware of in a vacated store front and in the area I described. When the incentives were announced, I mentioned to my stoker that they need to provide gift certificates to the neighborhood businesses around the equity center. That would be a win/win but the suits making the decisions are miles away both in distance and culture.

In addition to some chain pharmacies (which I assume provide vaccine) there is at least one Vaccine Equity Center that I am aware of in a vacated store front and the the area I described. When the incentives were announced, I mentioned to my stoker that they need to provide gift certificates to the neighborhood businesses around the equity center. That would be a win/win but the suits making the decisions are miles away both in distance and culture.
Definitely a win win

yeah interesting take per usual. one would have thought the sudden trauma of covid would inspire people to get vax as opposed to dealing with more insidious shit like obesity, diabetes, smoking, etc. - but i get your point
McM, I am also surprised by the high number refusing a free vaccination.

On the other hand, from day one I only had hope our federalist governing system of freedom loving citizens (who both fear authority and reject it) would successfully deal with the threat.

Our way of dealing with commerce and everyday living has many pluses versus an authoritarian governing system. However, given a pandemic, an authoritarian approach may have some advantages.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
McM, I am also surprised by the high number refusing a free vaccination.

On the other hand, from day one I only had hope our federalist governing system of freedom loving citizens (who both fear authority and reject it) would successfully deal with the threat.

Our way of dealing with commerce and everyday living has many pluses versus an authoritarian governing system. However, given a pandemic, an authoritarian approach may have some advantages.
I think people reject a paternalistic government. Authority in proper circumstances is not as big a concern for most people. At least that's how I see it.

I think people reject a paternalistic government. Authority in proper circumstances is not as big a concern for most people. At least that's how I see it.
Aha, the benevolent (paternal) dictator (authoritarian) is the best form of government argument comes to mind.

CoH, know this wasn't what you were suggesting, but couldn't resist bring up this old debate from my college days of yore.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Aha, the benevolent (paternal) dictator (authoritarian) is the best form of government argument comes to mind.

CoH, know this wasn't what you were suggesting, but couldn't resist bring up this old debate from my college days of yore.
Hm. Might be worth a discussion. I've always seen "benevolent dictator" as something along the lines of Stalin giving out free chocolate chip cookies.

Reactions: hoot1
The Chinese seem to approve of their authoritarian government and democracy appears to losing fans around the globe of late.

In my younger years, i never dreamed this would ever occur.

Shills keep on shillin'

Reactions: DANC
The Chinese seem to approve of their authoritarian government and democracy appears to losing fans around the globe of late.

In my younger years, i never dreamed this would ever occur.
"Seem to approve". What choice do they have.

Does Hong Kong seem to approve? Do the Uighars seem to approve? Did the people slaughtered at Tienanmen Square seem to approve?

For a while, the Soviet Union was supposed to be the new government model We see how that turned out.

Neither the Yahoo, nor the Insider tale cited determine whether these fungus victims were vaxd or not.

Without that, these articles are drivel.

This fungus sounds like a result of the jab.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT