ADVERTISEMENT

Let's not put to much pressure on Lander

I promise the offense wasn’t designed for romeo to stand in the corner. Made it easier for romeo to do, but he was suppose to be moving changing sides of the court running the baseline or creating space to get open.

standing in the corner with the O face wasn’t the objective.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I promise the offense wasn’t designed for romeo to stand in the corner. Made it easier for romeo to do, but he was suppose to be moving changing sides of the court running the baseline or creating space to get open.

standing in the corner with the O face wasn’t the objective.
Am I in some strange world! I just “liked a post from feepee! Cavanagh is throwing out “guarantees” and “promises”. WTF just happened!

Am I in some strange world! I just “liked a post from feepee! Cavanagh is throwing out “guarantees” and “promises”. WTF just happened!

i can’t speak to your love of feepee”. But I guarantee shit all the time. I will always bet on my guarantees if people disagree. Never get many takers. Just a bunch of people who say I will be wrong. Then I come back months later and everyone forgets I was right. Like how I said Justin would transfer and Romeo wouldn’t do anything in his rookies year and play in the g league.

I've been reading these comments about Lander. I'm not worried about him living up to the standards of this board. Some of you will hate him and ignore any reasonable explanation why you are wrong.

What I know is he could take over a game if he needs to. Or as in the Sectional title game, after he sat out with foul trouble, he didn't come in and throw up a bunch of shots to get his points. He let those that had built up the lead without him continue to lead the team. When they struggled, he knew when to step up. I saw a mature player putting his team ahead of his stats.

Ask people like my my son that reffed his 8th grade games through his summer league games with Pocket City and local media that have seen 30+ years of high school sports, The longtime C&P sports reporter called him easily the best guard to come out of Evansville or the Tri State. Not the best junior, sophomore or freshman. The best, period. He'll do fine. Let him play and stop expecting him to fail.

He played 4x as many games for the Celtics than he did for their G-League affiliate Sean. You didn’t call anything.

How many other lottery picks played in the g league this year? How many times more than all the other did he spend in the g league?

Does calling me by my first name make you feel like a detective, and you solved a major riddle? Kinda like that 4 times as much statement of games played in the nba. That isn’t an accomplishment my man.

How many other lottery picks played in the g league this year? How many times more than all the other did he spend in the g league?

Does calling me by my first name make you feel like a detective, and you solved a major riddle? Kinda like that 4 times as much statement of games played in the nba. That isn’t an accomplishment my man.

He spent a week in the G-League on a rehab assignment after missing the entire summer and most of the preseason recovering from two different injuries. That’s not crazy at all Sean, that’s how it works.

He spent a week in the G-League on a rehab assignment after missing the entire summer and most of the preseason recovering from two different injuries. That’s not crazy at all Sean, that’s how it works.

he got sent back down multiple times. I actually followed the season instead of doing a google search. Coach. 3rd grade Coed boys and girls club soccer needs coaches. Proud of you bub.

You thought he played 8-10 games max in the NBA and also said he'd get traded this year when the trade deadline was early February.

i said 10-15, and said traded this year. Meaning 2020 not this shortened season. Anything else you would like to completely miss quote me on?

I know you took me saying 50% of the time in the corner literally. I’ll dumb it down for you, how you like it. Too many times romeo displayed not giving it a 100%, he could have given more to IU. He will not succeed in the nba, like I have mentioned numerous times. His first year, granted a crazy shortened one, was a massive failure by all metrics for a lottery pick. He will be out of the league in 5-7 years.

Romeo is already a success in the NBA. He made a roster and is a lottery pick multi-millionaire at the age of 21. When he lasts 5-7 years, and I believe it will be more years than that, in the NBA, it is a super successful career.

Romeo is already a success in the NBA. He made a roster and is a lottery pick multi-millionaire at the age of 21. When he lasts 5-7 years, and I believe it will be more years than that, in the NBA, it is a super successful career.

Believe every 1st round pick makes the roster and gets a guaranteed contract. Your idea and my idea of success are totally different. He will be the least successful player to be drafted in the 1st round of my lifetime ever at IU in the nba. Disagree? Who’s worse

Reactions: Lucy01
Believe every 1st round pick makes the roster and gets a guaranteed contract. Your idea and my idea of success are totally different. He will be the least successful player to be drafted in the 1st round of my lifetime ever at IU in the nba. Disagree? Who’s worse

He's been in the league half a year during a shortened season moron. He's already had a better career than Kirk Haston who barely lasted 20 games over 2 years drafted in the same exact spot. He'll have a better NBA career than DJ White, Greg Graham, Brian Evans. I think worst case he has a Calbert Cheaney or Noah Vonleh type career as a career role player, but he'll get at least 2 contracts but likely 3 and gross over $50 million.

He's been in the league half a year during a shortened season moron. He's already had a better career than Kirk Haston who barely lasted 20 games over 2 years drafted in the same exact spot. He'll have a better NBA career than DJ White, Greg Graham, Brian Evans. I think worst case he has a Calbert Cheaney or Noah Vonleh type career as a career role player, but he'll get at least 2 contracts but likely 3 and gross over $50 million.

now now coach. What kind of role model would you be for those 10 year olds that look up to you by resorting to name calling. I’d take Kirk all day over romeo.

now now coach. What kind of role model would you be for those 10 year olds that look up to you by resorting to name calling. I’d take Kirk all day over romeo.

Lol. Kirk Haston played in 27 career games in a 2 year span and averaged 1.7 pts and 1.3 rebs. Romeo has played 27 games in a shortened rookie year in which he was hurt to start the year, on a contending team no less. Will bet you Romeo easily plays in more than 300 career games.

Is there any point to this argument? Ordfan has done a real number on this place.

Reactions: RRgo

coach answered your question and made you look silly. You asked what first rounders' NBA careers from IU that Romeo would exceed and he provided you with multiple players. You would take Haston's NBA career over Romeo's is laughable. Your irrational hatred of all things Romeo has put you in the club below ..

That’s just a dumb statement. You are sounding like Feepee and Brnk. Just arguing for arguing sake. If you are wrong it’s best to just say nothing. Romeo>Haston.

He's already scored three times as many points in the NBA as Kirk Haston did. And Kirk's career is over and Romeo's isnt.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
Romeo just isn’t that good at basketball. He will flame out of the nba. Was he better then Kirk, sure. But he will never be a starter and won’t last in the nba. He doesn’t love basketball.

Reactions: Lucy01
Mock draft I just saw had him as a top 20 pick, next year.

I’d say others are expecting a lot from him as well.

Top 20 guards are usually legit college players. Raw, long, athletic bigs are often drafted higher than their college output would suggest. Guards, not so much.

So...NBA people seem to think he’s gonna have a pretty good year.

Mock draft I just saw had him as a top 20 pick, next year.

I’d say others are expecting a lot from him as well.

Top 20 guards are usually legit college players. Raw, long, athletic bigs are often drafted higher than their college output would suggest. Guards, not so much.

So...NBA people seem to think he’s gonna have a pretty good year.
If you are talking about Lander, he isn't eligible for the draft next year.

Oh I critiqued Archie for it, but as I have explained in the past, I give him a pass because that was his first MCDAA recruit. First huge one at Indiana, he really couldn't say shit to him. Was a smart move. You know this dude is going to the NBA, he is peaced after a year, helps you to have him for the future, one and done lottery picks help get more of those in the future IMO.

He just couldn't say a damn thing to him to piss him off. If Archie had Romeo in 20 years after he has a championship or two under his belt (please lord dont suck next year and me want to fire him) I promise he would have handled romeo different. I guarantee he would tell you that he would have liked to too, but he is smart, and played it right for the future. He is a builder. Just needs to pan out this year, and obviously, I think it will.
This is horse shit. Good players in any sport, and Romeo was a great player in high school, love being coached hard. Archie might have used him differently, we can argue about that, but he wasn’t soft on him. You are really doing a disservice to both Romeo and Archie with this lame put down.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Kirk Haston you mouthbreather

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

you guys must still have his signed underwear up on your wall. He will start I’m sure 20-50 more games. Troy Williams started a game or two, has scored more in a game then to wow too, hell I think yogi started. They aren’t nba starting players tho, and you guys knew what I meant. Or at least should have.

Romeo will be a bust, I’ll gladly bet any of you cowards he will never make an all star team. That would be living up to his potential. Hell I’ll bet any of you he doesn’t average over 15 point in the next 5 years ever. That would require him being a productive nba starter which he will never be.

If you know me I throw out extremes to make my point, of course he’s gonna have a better career then hastons, I was 12 when he played here, I forgot about him, got me. For the highest rated player coming to IU other than Gordon in my lifetime he should be really good to live up to potential. He has not by all metrics.

I’ll bet for all those who think he’s a winner. Please bet on him, I will 100% pay up and admit I was wrong.

you guys must still have his signed underwear up on your wall. He will start I’m sure 20-50 more games. Troy Williams started a game or two, has scored more in a game then to wow too, hell I think yogi started. They aren’t nba starting players tho, and you guys knew what I meant. Or at least should have.

Romeo will be a bust, I’ll gladly bet any of you cowards he will never make an all star team. That would be living up to his potential. Hell I’ll bet any of you he doesn’t average over 15 point in the next 5 years ever. That would require him being a productive nba starter which he will never be.

If you know me I throw out extremes to make my point, of course he’s gonna have a better career then hastons, I was 12 when he played here, I forgot about him, got me. For the highest rated player coming to IU other than Gordon in my lifetime he should be really good to live up to potential. He has not by all metrics.

I’ll bet for all those who think he’s a winner. Please bet on him, I will 100% pay up and admit I was wrong.
Romeo is another Delay Brooks!

You’re oddly very bitter at a kid I doubt you’ve ever even met. Weird stuff.

Romeo just isn’t that good at basketball. He will flame out of the nba. Was he better then Kirk, sure. But he will never be a starter and won’t last in the nba. He doesn’t love basketball.
Quit while you are behind. Your arguments against Romeo don't make sense at all. He led the team in scoring while playing injured in his first college season. He missed the preseason NBA when a rookie learns how to play at the next level. He was making progress as the season ended. You lost the argument. Move on.

You are trying to make a bet with a potential payout 5-10 years from now?
I will take the 15 point average in next five years since that is more short term. How much?
If I’m dead by then do my kids have to pay it if I lose?
How do I collect from you if you die before then? Without a wife, kids or any potential prospects who should I notify?

You are trying to make a bet with a potential payout 5-10 years from now?
I will take the 15 point average in next five years since that is more short term. How much?
If I’m dead by then do my kids have to pay it if I lose?
How do I collect from you if you die before then? Without a wife, kids or any potential prospects who should I notify?

however much you would like if either of us die bets null and void.

@Victorbmyboy and @jimmygoiu might wanna retract your likes. You always know how much people believe in what they say when they are asked to put money behind it. Everyone likes to sound real confident when they just speak out of their ass. I always back up my mouth with my wallet.

ADVERTISEMENT