ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk about Demi Lovato

Indigo1983

Redshirt
May 13, 2018
So, when Demi was on Disney channel, I didn’t really like her as an actress or singer. Her older music was the just same pop music that you would hear coming from a Disney channel star. There were a few songs I liked here and there, but I just didn’t really care for her. So then her documentary “Simply Complicated” came out. I was aware of her drug addiction problems, but only what the media showed. I watched basically the same day it came out and I was crying at the end. During this time I was suspicious that I had bipolar disorder, but not diagnosed. She also talked about her eating disorder and her past with her father. It was also very focused on her drug addiction. But this documentary showed how recovery is not a straight line. But it also showed how beautiful recovery can be. Yes, she did go back to rehab this past summer. But, like I said, recovery is not a straight line and falling off the wagon can happen. This documentary really made me empathize with her, because I have had similar struggles growing up. I have an alcoholic father, who I love dearly, but couldn’t take care of me. I had to grow up and take on responsibilities when I was young. I didn’t really have a childhood. I have suffered from a lack of appetite due to meds for a couple years now. And not too long ago I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar 2. My psychiatrist also told me from his assessment that I do abuse drugs, and in the future it can lead to alcoholism, I have those tendencies.

I guess my point is that she is truly someone I look up to. At the end of the documentary it shows how healthy and happy she is, and I would like to get to that point too. Now that I’m watching the documentary again, it gives me more motivation and hope that everything will be okay. And her newest album that came out, it rocks. She released an album that was truly about her, and I admire her for that. And if you haven’t watched her documentary, you should (it’s free on YouTube). Any bipolar celebrities that anyone else looks up to? And why?

Thanks for reading

Untitled_collage_bbcbbcb_1521549138__rend_4_3.jpg

Reactions: RBB89 and Thyrsis
So, when Demi was on Disney channel, I didn’t really like her as an actress or singer. Her older music was the just same pop music that you would hear coming from a Disney channel star. There were a few songs I liked here and there, but I just didn’t really care for her. So then her documentary “Simply Complicated” came out. I was aware of her drug addiction problems, but only what the media showed. I watched basically the same day it came out and I was crying at the end. During this time I was suspicious that I had bipolar disorder, but not diagnosed. She also talked about her eating disorder and her past with her father. It was also very focused on her drug addiction. But this documentary showed how recovery is not a straight line. But it also showed how beautiful recovery can be. Yes, she did go back to rehab this past summer. But, like I said, recovery is not a straight line and falling off the wagon can happen. This documentary really made me empathize with her, because I have had similar struggles growing up. I have an alcoholic father, who I love dearly, but couldn’t take care of me. I had to grow up and take on responsibilities when I was young. I didn’t really have a childhood. I have suffered from a lack of appetite due to meds for a couple years now. And not too long ago I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar 2. My psychiatrist also told me from his assessment that I do abuse drugs, and in the future it can lead to alcoholism, I have those tendencies.

I guess my point is that she is truly someone I look up to. At the end of the documentary it shows how healthy and happy she is, and I would like to get to that point too. Now that I’m watching the documentary again, it gives me more motivation and hope that everything will be okay. And her newest album that came out, it rocks. She released an album that was truly about her, and I admire her for that. And if you haven’t watched her documentary, you should (it’s free on YouTube). Any bipolar celebrities that anyone else looks up to? And why?

Thanks for reading

Those were a lot of words just for an excuse to post a couple of semi-nudes.

Thanks for reading

Celebrity worship is for the dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT