ADVERTISEMENT

Leonard Hamilton post game comments

I thought it was fast as well...and honestly, didn't think he did anything to warrant a technical.
The 5 second call was a farce.I’m guessing it was a snide remark made while he was smiling that got him the T. The foul on Justin totally made up for that call- and then some.

While we’re talking about Smith: in some ways, he’s my player of the game. Didn’t outscore Green, but that’s not the point - he did so many little things that facilitates winning: solid defense, leadership, hustle plays. Think how big getting that loose ball in front of the IU bench was when FSU had almost tied the game; that possession was the start of pulling away for the home team.

At times I’ve been the guy’s biggest critic, but he showed just how important and valuable he can be. Best I’ve ever seen the kid play the packline since Archie has been coach.

I suggest all IU fans have a listen.

Leonard Hamilton is a very good coach and I definitely value his opinion. Hard not to like him.

I don't think he's a very good game coach. He is a good recruiter. He has a team that's bigger, faster, and has better shooters than our team. He's had this type of team many times before, and hasn't done all that much.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Very humble, Id encourage any post Knight fans to listen. That wasn’t just a case of a coach saying the right things after a loss. That was strait up genuine and real.

I don't think he's a very good game coach. He is a good recruiter. He has a team that's bigger, faster, and has better shooters than our team. He's had this type of team many times before, and hasn't done all that much.

Well, bear in mind he's at FSU in the ACC, not a hoops dynasty by any means. I don't know why you think he's a good recruiter, or better recruiter than bench coach or developer of talent/teams. He gets guys here and there, but his teams are typically built around lower ranked recruits. I'm fairly certain that Williams kid who was listed as a 5* is his highest rated recruit ever. I think like Boeheim he's good at identifying guys that will fit his style. I live here in ACC country and I think for the lesser U in his state and for being a mid-level ACC team he keeps them pretty competitive and good. ACC coaches do not like playing FSU, I know that. I also don't think they are necessarily a better shooting team than us. G shooting teams don't generally shoot under 50% on FTs.

Yea, he’s been coach of the year both in the ACC and the Big East and was once the National COY and has had many very good teams over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT