ADVERTISEMENT

Leal is Indiana Mr. Basketball....

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
Coach Miller has now recruited 3 straight for IU. Archie's inside out recruiting strategy has really taken hold. It will be funny to watch the negative numbskulls (see below) to minimize this. Lander would have made it 4 in a row, but IU may get the 2021 Mr bball too. The future is bright for IU hoops!

Last edited:
Coach Miller has now recruited 3 straight for IU. Archie's inside out recruiting strategy has really taken hold. It will be funny to watch the negative numbskulls (see below) to minimize this. Lander would have made it 4 in a row, but IU may get the 2021 Mr bball too. The future is bright for IU hoops!
Wonder what kind of spin feepee and the other minions put on this.

That's an impressive recruiting record for IU basketball.

Well to be obvious...where is all the winning and FFs?
Who said anything about that? 3 Mr. basketballs in a row is pretty damn good. I’m going to reserve judgment until year 5. Hell I will be critical even this year but even I admit how bad Crean was at roster building. As for Archie the jury is still out. This year and next is important. If you and feepee think he should have multiple final 4s already then you are a moron like him.

Who said anything about that? 3 Mr. basketballs in a row is pretty damn good. I’m going to reserve judgment until year 5. Hell I will be critical even this year but even I admit how bad Crean was at roster building. As for Archie the jury is still out. This year and next is important. If you and feepee think he should have multiple final 4s already then you are a moron like him.
How about just an upper half of the Big 10 finish or an overall winning record in the conference? Is that too much to ask, as well? My question isn’t rhetorical, by the way. Is it really too much to ask, in your opinion?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
How about just an upper half of the Big 10 finish or an overall winning record in the conference? Is that too much to ask, as well? My question isn’t rhetorical, by the way. Is it really too much to ask, in your opinion?
That’s not what is being implied. That is disappointing but what is being discussed and implied are 2 different discussions.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

I just expect us to keep getting better each year until we're consistently in the top 15-20 nothing more or less. Year 4 should be pretty good and year 5 even better even if both TJD and Lander bolt. No more excuses.

I didn’t infer it but am curious as to what you believe the expectations should be.
I want sustainable recruiting. 3-4 year players and sprinkled with an all American or two. Top half B1G ten every year and playing in the tournament. I think it’s going to be difficult to do without time. I think year 4-5 is critical in the next step in a long term plan.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I just expect us to keep getting better each year until we're consistently in the top 15-20 nothing more or less. Year 4 should be pretty good and year 5 even better even if both TJD and Lander bolt. No more excuses.
That’s not what some of you are saying. They have delusions that we should have multiple final 4s already and a roster full of all Americans. It’s just not likely.

Reactions: MrBing
Hhh
I want sustainable recruiting. 3-4 year players and sprinkled with an all American or two. Top half B1G ten every year and playing in the tournament. I think it’s going to be difficult to do without time. I think year 4-5 is critical in the next step in a long term plan.
Thanks. I think you’ve accurately summarized the expectations of many who post here. Some of us clearly are looking for much more, and I think much of the conflict here emanates from those widely distinct views of where the program should be. Thanks.​

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I believe the winning is coming and soon. Archie has assembled a program that will consistently win year in and year out. IU has a roster now that will compete for B1G champioships and hopefully more . Even you will have to admit that IU now has a sustainable winning program... so glad that Crean is gone.....

I believe the winning is coming and soon. Archie has assembled a program that will consistently win year in and year out. IU has a roster now that will compete for B1G champioships and hopefully more . Even you will have to admit that IU now has a sustainable winning program... so glad that Crean is gone.....

I've thought that the last 2 seasons and 8-12 and 9-11 so we'll see. I expect 13-7 this season at minimum.

I dont care where the players come from i just want results and ncca tourneys

So no more excuses is what you are saying?

It's coming! I expect us to contend for B1G championships almost every year and win the damn BTT occasionally. I expect to IU to ranked highly most of the time and to contend for National Championships often. Archie is building the program to do it. I expect an excellent season next year.

No excuses are necessary, as far as I am concerned. Archie is building the program the right way. IU has improved each year the last 3 years. IU will continue this improvement next year. I remain all in on Archie. You fans that flip flop every week, depending whether IU wins or loses that week, are just miserable. If you can't see the improvement, and the program building, you just don't understand basketball.

You have been negative for at least a year, (see below), and you and your misery club are going to be in for a long season(s) as IU continues to build. So sad to be so negative and miserable with your buddies- Feepaw, cryano ordie and a few others. "misery loves company"

Hhh

Thanks. I think you’ve accurately summarized the expectations of many who post here. Some of us clearly are looking for much more, and I think much of the conflict here emanates from those widely distinct views of where the program should be. Thanks.​
I think much of the conflict arises from a difference in opinion as to how quickly a coach can return IU to a level where they haven't been in over twenty five years.

My "expectations" are to return to a level of winning B1G Championships frequently enough that every four year player gets to enjoy that experience at least once. I want the floor to be a n NCAA invite and the ceiling... That's obvious.

I can live with a couple more years of improving results. The floor should be in place by now. The get old stay old strategy has to be functioning as Miller envisions it will by the end of year five.

Hhh

Why would you “expect” something we haven’t had in nearly 30 years? It would take a truly special person to turn IU from what we’ve been since 94...to what it seems like you’re expecting, which is a return to 73 - 94 IU basketball. It would take an absolutely extraordinary person to that overnight. To me, verdict is still out on whether Archie can/will get us back to 70s thru 90s IU.

I think Donovan would have had us where you want to be by now. Stevens probably, though I think it’d take him a bit longer than it would have Donovan. Calipari, Self, K...they’d get to where you want in their first year. An iconic NBA guy like Kerr, Doc Rivers, etc...would probably do it immediately too. Can’t think of anyone else that would, for sure, have IU in a better spot now than Archie does?

IU obviously doesn’t have the pull to get any of those immediate impact guys. And I’d add a follow up question of “how” do you want the coach to do it? Calipari/Self model? Or maybe Izzo? To win as big as it seems you’re expecting, in only a year or two...tough to do without playing on the fringes of the rules, and focusing more on grad transfers and doing whatever it takes with one and done type kids.

I LOVE the types of kids Archie is going after. I really like the relative stability on the roster. I’m luke warm on the on court results thus far. But it’s easy to see the improvement Archies teams have shown. Both visually, just watching them play, and by following metrics.

So...I’d say I’d expect an incremental step this next year in wins/conference standing/NCAA standing...so 23 plus wins in regular season...upper half of conference standings...safe sub 7-8 seeding in NCAA...and playing well in March. If that becomes our “floor”, and he keeps recruiting the way he has at IU, and maintains roster stability like he has...then I think we’ll all be happy with him going forward. He’s already proven he can, and will, get the impact 5 star kids alongside the solid 3-4 star kids. And when you establish a “floor” like what I mentioned...you’ll have plenty of “average” years where they compete for B10 titles and could make deep tourney runs with the right draw and a lucky bounce or two. And then every now and then the “ceiling” will be 30 plus wins, number one seed, NCAA title contender type teams.

Michigan State, Villanova, Virginia...those types of teams are a decent model I’d say.

Hhh

hhh

Reactions: Radio Zero
Why would you “expect” something we haven’t had in nearly 30 years? It would take a truly special person to turn IU from what we’ve been since 94...to what it seems like you’re expecting, which is a return to 73 - 94 IU basketball. It would take an absolutely extraordinary person to that overnight. To me, verdict is still out on whether Archie can/will get us back to 70s thru 90s IU.

I think Donovan would have had us where you want to be by now. Stevens probably, though I think it’d take him a bit longer than it would have Donovan. Calipari, Self, K...they’d get to where you want in their first year. An iconic NBA guy like Kerr, Doc Rivers, etc...would probably do it immediately too. Can’t think of anyone else that would, for sure, have IU in a better spot now than Archie does?

IU obviously doesn’t have the pull to get any of those immediate impact guys. And I’d add a follow up question of “how” do you want the coach to do it? Calipari/Self model? Or maybe Izzo? To win as big as it seems you’re expecting, in only a year or two...tough to do without playing on the fringes of the rules, and focusing more on grad transfers and doing whatever it takes with one and done type kids.

I LOVE the types of kids Archie is going after. I really like the relative stability on the roster. I’m luke warm on the on court results thus far. But it’s easy to see the improvement Archies teams have shown. Both visually, just watching them play, and by following metrics.

So...I’d say I’d expect an incremental step this next year in wins/conference standing/NCAA standing...so 23 plus wins in regular season...upper half of conference standings...safe sub 7-8 seeding in NCAA...and playing well in March. If that becomes our “floor”, and he keeps recruiting the way he has at IU, and maintains roster stability like he has...then I think we’ll all be happy with him going forward. He’s already proven he can, and will, get the impact 5 star kids alongside the solid 3-4 star kids. And when you establish a “floor” like what I mentioned...you’ll have plenty of “average” years where they compete for B10 titles and could make deep tourney runs with the right draw and a lucky bounce or two. And then every now and then the “ceiling” will be 30 plus wins, number one seed, NCAA title contender type teams.

Michigan State, Villanova, Virginia...those types of teams are a decent model I’d say.
Thanks for listing the reasons for your (and other’s) lowered expectations, as well as the reasons why you believe those of us with higher ones are being unrealistic. It doesn’t change the fact that some of us have a higher bar, likely because we’ve actually seen IU at that level, while those of you with lower expectations have obviously not. Thanks for your response.

No excuses are necessary, as far as I am concerned. Archie is building the program the right way. IU has improved each year the last 3 years. IU will continue this improvement next year. I remain all in on Archie. You fans that flip flop every week, depending whether IU wins or loses that week, are just miserable. If you can't see the improvement, and the program building, you just don't understand basketball.

You have been negative for at least a year, (see below), and you and your misery club are going to be in for a long season(s) as IU continues to build. So sad to be so negative and miserable with your buddies- Feepaw, cryano ordie and a few others. "misery loves company"
Lol

Thanks for listing the reasons for your (and other’s) lowered expectations, as well as the reasons why you believe those of us with higher ones are being unrealistic. It doesn’t change the fact that some of us have a higher bar, likely because we’ve actually seen IU at that level, while those of you with lower expectations have obviously not. Thanks for your response.

I vaguely remember the 87 title team. Vividly remember 89 and beyond.

So...would you be ok with Calipari/Self methods? I personally wouldn’t.

Would you not be ok with a MSU, Villanova, or Virginia type program? I would. Especially if he builds it with the types of kids he has thus far. Deepens my enjoyment when they stick around for a few years, and seem to be good kids that actually care about being in college.

If you happen to agree...you’ll remember that it took each of the current coaches of those schools a few years to get things rolling.

23-8 regular season.
13-7 conference would probably be around 4th or 5th.
5-6 seed in tourney.
Playing well and winning some games in both tourneys.

I’d take that. If it’s much less than that I’d be disappointed in Archie. For the record, I was this year. But I still think we’re trending up. And in a good place as a program right now.

We must be patient!

I think much of the conflict arises from a difference in opinion as to how quickly a coach can return IU to a level where they haven't been in over twenty five years.

My "expectations" are to return to a level of winning B1G Championships frequently enough that every four year player gets to enjoy that experience at least once. I want the floor to be a n NCAA invite and the ceiling... That's obvious.

I can live with a couple more years of improving results. The floor should be in place by now. The get old stay old strategy has to be functioning as Miller envisions it will by the end of year five.
Year 5??? I'd give him at least year 6 to get us back to a Sweet 16 appearance..

Year 5??? I'd give him at least year 6 to get us back to a Sweet 16 appearance..
Year 5-6 will be an extension year. If you don’t negotiate then we will have a lame duck coach. No recruit will touch our program. Year five you either extend him or you fire him. That’s why this class is very important.

Last edited:

Would you not be ok with a MSU, Villanova, or Virginia type program? I would. Especially if he builds it with the types of kids he has thus far. Deepens my enjoyment when they stick around for a few years, and seem to be good kids that actually care about being in college.

If you happen to agree...you’ll remember that it took each of the current coaches of those schools a few years to get things rolling.

23-8 regular season.
5-6 seed in tourney.

I’d take that. If it’s much less than that I’d be disappointed in Archie. For the record, I was this year. But I still think we’re trending up. And in a good place as a program right now.

Be careful. Feepaw will consider this a guarantee if you don't clarify. :eek:

23-8 regular season.
5-6 seed in tourney.

Would I take an MSU, UVA, Villanova, Wisconsin type of program? Sure. I’d take a Purdue type of program at this point. But i want IU to be “elite” again, and there’s nothing to suggest we’re heading in that direction, in my opinion.

Would I take an MSU, UVA, Villanova, Wisconsin type of program? Sure. I’d take a Purdue type of program at this point. But i want IU to be “elite” again, and there’s nothing to suggest we’re heading in that direction, in my opinion.

Given the choice, 8 out of 10 posters doubtless prefer manure over your opinions. They're both shit, but the former is at least of some use.

Go outside Hoosiers - enjoy Spring. Fertilize something...

Good post, Drama Queen. :rolleyes:

I didn't feel it was worthy of a reply so....

I'm probably wrong about this whole thing though. . We just need to start over. Everything has to turn over from the Board of Trustees all the way down to the student managers. I think.Notre Dame Football should be our model.

Reactions: oldcougar77
ADVERTISEMENT