ADVERTISEMENT

Laughed off the floor.

How many IU co-eds have you banged?
Turns out your Mom and Sister both went to IU. Given their age difference, there were apparently some things that went on with them that seem, well, inexplicable. Somebody from the hog barn flunked animal husbandry but still had the time of their life, it appears.

giphy.gif

Indiana is living in the past. All you have is your Hoosier movie & Bob Knight.
In fact NJ HS basketball would dominate Indiana basketball. If RU continues to
improve, all that talent stays home. I’m sure you guys can get back. Just start
cheating again.

Reactions: Corycord1
cheating again.
Ok that was f—-Ing too much. A few text messages is “cheating”? Get the fvck out of here POS

cheating again.

Who is "RU" again?

Soft, weak, timid, scared, uncertainty. I have seen these descriptions of our team. I don't disagree. I would add attention deficit, bored, and unmotivated to the list. They have shown they can play with any team and just stop hustling and attacking the other team. They act like they want the game to end after they get a 6 point lead.

Talent isn't the issue. It will be against UM today, bt most games we beat ourselves. I don't believe the pack line defense works when you add young players to the team that have never played it. One person breaking down or not paying attention to the 45% 3 point shooter standing wide open kills this team.

You would think they have never watched video of their dumb play. They also seem clueless of the opposition's tendencies and where certain players like to get the ball and how they score. I would beat the scouting report into their pointy heads.

I am disappointed in the team Archie has built. I am disappointed in the lack of quality guards and leadership on the court. His continued loyalty to our two most experienced guards will cost him his job.

Ok that was f—-Ing too much. A few text messages is “cheating”? Get the fvck out of here POS

Cheating is the deliberate violation of rules in order to gain an advantage. You are correct that the rules have changed making now permissible what was then incorrect. However, that does not mean that the infraction was invalid. Sampson clearly cheated and after IU fired him he was unable to coach college basketball for a number of years.

I once got a speeding ticket for driving 5 miles over the speed limit on a road that the authorities subsequently raised the limit on that very same road by 10mph, meaning that I would be 5 under
today. I had to pay the ticket and they haven't sent me a refund for it to date, nor do I expect one.

The Feds sent a number of bootleggers to prison during Prohibition. They did not let them out just because FDR got rid of Prohibition shortly after taking office.

You may not like it that IU was found guilty of cheating but they did it and they got caught and punished. The rules then were the rules then.

I feel bad for the Indiana kids last night. To go from what looked like a blowout victory to a blowout loss must have been devastating. Indiana has so much tradition and basketball mystique, but the team is just not as dominant as it used to be. It's not necessarily about the decline of Indiana, but more about the rise of Rutgers. Think about this - we did not even have a basketball practice facility until last year, and our arena is relatively small and dated. Pikiell was able to recruit kids who believed in his vision, and as we result, the team played in sold out games with a home court advantage that is one of the best in the country. We went from no practice facility to having one that is now state of the art. We were ranked as high as #11 earlier this year. We are in the shadow of New York City, home to dozens of blue chip high school kids. The future is bright for Rutgers basketball.

As far as not liking our players - I don't understand that one. Consider who they are:
Geo Baker, an unheralded kid from New Hampshire (of all places) who has become the face of the program
Myles Johnson, an engineering student who is graduating with. 4.0 GPA, who also happens to be the best center in the Big Ten
Ron Harper Jr., the son of an NBA legend, a four star kid who chose to stay home in New Jersey
Jacob Young, the Energizer Bunny, son of a star player from Houston's legendary Phi Slamma Jamma teams
Paul Mulcahy, another four star player from New Jersey who chose to stay home
Cliff Omoruyi, another four star player, who is just starting his college career
Montez Mathis, another four star kid, known for his tenacity

The bottom line is that this is the most talented and deep team the Rutgers has had in decades. If they stay focused, they should make some noise in the Big Ten tournament and beyond.

Indiana basketball will be back. I think that you have a good coach, but losing to Rutgers in the past few seasons shouldn't be used to judge him or the rest of your team, because this Rutgers team is really good.

I'm looking forward to more competitive matches in the future. Good luck the rest of the way.
Myles Johnson isn't the best center in the BIG ten. Not even really close.

Reactions: PurduePharm
IU - don't take these RU fans serious. They jump on every other B10 board when Rutgers is winning -- but as soon as Rutgers loses a few games - you won't see them on any other boards. They'll just stay on Rutgers forum and shit talk the players and shit talk Pikiell. They do this every year

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Ignorance like this has to be coming from a Guido. All the Jews from Jersey and the city with whom I got toasted at university thought highly of your kind.
Uh, I thought I was pretty clearly making fun of an incorrect stereotype similar to the way your boy was making fun of an incorrect stereotype about NJ, but it seems you guys don't do well with sarcasm in your parts.

Cheating is the deliberate violation of rules in order to gain an advantage. You are correct that the rules have changed making now permissible what was then incorrect. However, that does not mean that the infraction was invalid. Sampson clearly cheated and after IU fired him he was unable to coach college basketball for a number of years.

I once got a speeding ticket for driving 5 miles over the speed limit on a road that the authorities subsequently raised the limit on that very same road by 10mph, meaning that I would be 5 under
today. I had to pay the ticket and they haven't sent me a refund for it to date, nor do I expect one.

The Feds sent a number of bootleggers to prison during Prohibition. They did not let them out just because FDR got rid of Prohibition shortly after taking office.

You may not like it that IU was found guilty of cheating but they did it and they got caught and punished. The rules then were the rules then.

Such deep thoughts...thanks so much.

Ignorance like this has to be coming from a Guido. All the Jews from Jersey and the city with whom I got toasted at university thought highly of your kind.
My space laser is almost complete, we can take them out

Karma - bunch of Rutgers fans coming on this board to gloat and then getting beat (by 30 points at the moment) by Nebraska.
Glad we already “dominated” Nebraska. LOL. They’d probably kick our asses now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT