ADVERTISEMENT

Laughed off the floor.

Rutger has the least likable bunch I’ve seen a while. To let those clowns absolutely punk us and basically spit in our faces is beyond comprehension. I doubt if a single guy on that roster would ever sniff a scholarship offer from IU, but here they were kicking us and laughing at us.

Coaching or no coaching, when did IU kids get so damn soft? No pride at all.

You're talent assessment is way off. Besides Jackson-Davis, who was the most talented player on the floor last night, the talent on the two teams is fairly even. RU doesn't need to play perfect to beat Indiana, just play well.

Sorry, we're not your doormats any longer. Get used to that
You have a good team that plays tough and hard and, while it sucks to be on the wrong end of their enjoying themselves, the resolution to that is quite simple. I for one will be rooting to see you guys do some damage in the B10 tourney and upset some of the other more established teams and programs. Wish it could be us, but I don't see that. Congrats and hope you guys keep it rolling.

Last edited:
You’re right, it’s not. But it helped me make my point to the IU fans, which I’m sure you can appreciate. I’ll still take 3 in a row though :cool:
Get them in while Purdue is young. This was the time to win a few in a row against Purdue...two of those being at The RAC. I do like your team though and think you can make some noise in the dance. Upperclassmen with a chip on their shoulder that play tough. As long as your shots are falling you should be a tough out.

Reactions: suggakane
I don't know how you can say our (RU) players are unlikable. Seems like you're just mad you've beat us once in the last 6 games. We develop players and Pikiell has developed a winning culture. The kids on our team are a class act and play their asses off.
I agree i think the Rutgers played with enthusiasm, purpose, and were having fun. More power to them I just wish IU had those same qualities. I hope Rutgers does well the rest of the season, a fun team to watch.

Damn. Who knew Rutger had fans? Chippy little sumbitches too.

What’s with the “Rutger” BS? That’s just kind of childish.

Yes, RU has fans. We’re a large state university with 50,000 undergrads in a state with 8 million people. And now that Pikiell has generated a Renaissance in Piscataway, Scarlet Knight fans are rabid after starving for a winner for years.

What’s with the “Rutger” BS? That’s just kind of childish.

Yes, RU has fans. We’re a large state university with 50,000 undergrads in a state with 8 million people. And now that Pikiell has generated a Renaissance in Piscataway, Scarlet Knight fans are rabid after starving for a winner for years.
Congrats to you. You sure had a great senior night.

I get you guys being pissed about your current state of affairs. But as a Rutgers fan, I kinda laugh at threads like this. Tonight was not some strange occurrence. We’re 5-1 against you in our last 6 games. If it helps you at all, we’ve sort of owned Purdue recently too. It might be time to stop thinking every loss to Rutgers is a bad loss...we’re just not that bad anymore. We’re in the same boat as you...sorry.

It was a bad loss.

You aren’t in the same boat, and I’ll tell you how you can be sure. 99.99% of us would not be on a Rutgers BB board (I’m assuming you have them) after we beat you.

We’ll get things righted soon (next coach) and we’ll win 20 in a row vs Rutgers.

• Haha
Reactions: mk23 and Corycord1
It was a bad loss.

You aren’t in the same boat, and I’ll tell you how you can be sure. 99.99% of us would not be on a Rutgers BB board (I’m assuming you have them) after we beat you.

We’ll get things righted soon (next coach) and we’ll win 20 in a row vs Rutgers.
We heard the same things from Syracuse & Pitt football fans back in the Big East days who never realized they were a few decades removed from Jim Brown, Dan Marino & Tony Dorsett. RU may not dominate you for the rest of time, but that also doesn’t mean your glory days are coming back with the next coach (how many has it been now where ‘the next guy’ will be the guy?).

Oh, and fans on message boards have absolutely zero to do with whether RU & IU are in the same boat or not.

We heard the same things from Syracuse & Pitt football fans back in the Big East days who never realized they were a few decades removed from Jim Brown, Dan Marino & Tony Dorsett. RU may not dominate you for the rest of time, but that also doesn’t mean your glory days are coming back with the next coach (how many has it been now where ‘the next guy’ will be the guy?).

Oh, and fans on message boards have absolutely zero to do with whether RU & IU are in the same boat or not.

Syracuse and Pitt football? Come on

Fans on message boards tell a lot, clearly.

• Haha
Reactions: mk23
So perfect. I have a kid at NYU, and he tells me everytime he meets a kid from NJ they automatically have some need to defend the fact that they’re from NJ. Wonder why?
You can’t afford NYU. Stop lying. Life in NJ is a lot more fun and interesting than Indiana. One of the most boring places I’ve ever been.

I feel bad for the Indiana kids last night. To go from what looked like a blowout victory to a blowout loss must have been devastating. Indiana has so much tradition and basketball mystique, but the team is just not as dominant as it used to be. It's not necessarily about the decline of Indiana, but more about the rise of Rutgers. Think about this - we did not even have a basketball practice facility until last year, and our arena is relatively small and dated. Pikiell was able to recruit kids who believed in his vision, and as we result, the team played in sold out games with a home court advantage that is one of the best in the country. We went from no practice facility to having one that is now state of the art. We were ranked as high as #11 earlier this year. We are in the shadow of New York City, home to dozens of blue chip high school kids. The future is bright for Rutgers basketball.

As far as not liking our players - I don't understand that one. Consider who they are:
Geo Baker, an unheralded kid from New Hampshire (of all places) who has become the face of the program
Myles Johnson, an engineering student who is graduating with. 4.0 GPA, who also happens to be the best center in the Big Ten
Ron Harper Jr., the son of an NBA legend, a four star kid who chose to stay home in New Jersey
Jacob Young, the Energizer Bunny, son of a star player from Houston's legendary Phi Slamma Jamma teams
Paul Mulcahy, another four star player from New Jersey who chose to stay home
Cliff Omoruyi, another four star player, who is just starting his college career
Montez Mathis, another four star kid, known for his tenacity

The bottom line is that this is the most talented and deep team the Rutgers has had in decades. If they stay focused, they should make some noise in the Big Ten tournament and beyond.

Indiana basketball will be back. I think that you have a good coach, but losing to Rutgers in the past few seasons shouldn't be used to judge him or the rest of your team, because this Rutgers team is really good.

I'm looking forward to more competitive matches in the future. Good luck the rest of the way.

I feel bad for the Indiana kids last night. To go from what looked like a blowout victory to a blowout loss must have been devastating. Indiana has so much tradition and basketball mystique, but the team is just not as dominant as it used to be. It's not necessarily about the decline of Indiana, but more about the rise of Rutgers. Think about this - we did not even have a basketball practice facility until last year, and our arena is relatively small and dated. Pikiell was able to recruit kids who believed in his vision, and as we result, the team played in sold out games with a home court advantage that is one of the best in the country. We went from no practice facility to having one that is now state of the art. We were ranked as high as #11 earlier this year. We are in the shadow of New York City, home to dozens of blue chip high school kids. The future is bright for Rutgers basketball.

As far as not liking our players - I don't understand that one. Consider who they are:
Geo Baker, an unheralded kid from New Hampshire (of all places) who has become the face of the program
Myles Johnson, an engineering student who is graduating with. 4.0 GPA, who also happens to be the best center in the Big Ten
Ron Harper Jr., the son of an NBA legend, a four star kid who chose to stay home in New Jersey
Jacob Young, the Energizer Bunny, son of a star player from Houston's legendary Phi Slamma Jamma teams
Cliff Omoruyi, another four star player, who is just starting his college career

The bottom line is that this is the most talented and deep team the Rutgers has had in decades. If they stay focused, they should make some noise in the Big Ten tournament and beyond.

Indiana basketball will be back. I think that you have a good coach, but losing to Rutgers in the past few seasons shouldn't be used to judge him or the rest of your team, because this Rutgers team is really good.

I'm looking forward to more competitive matches in the future. Good luck the rest of the way.
Gfy

Reactions: mk23 and Radio Zero
Indiana is such a fun state with tons of good looking women.

BTW - Snookie is from New York you hick.

If you have been fortunate/smart enough to have visited Btown you know that it is both fun, beautiful campus and has the best looking co-eds in the BIG...by a long shot. Not bad surroundings for a world-class university. Who the hell has ever or would ever visit Rutger?

I occasionally fly into your disgusting airport when I am going to the city but make it a point to never get out of the car in New Joooisey.

You runs a-long now Vinny

Last edited:
One thing IU fans can feel good about is football season will be here before you know it and IU will own Rutgers like the entire B1G will.

They’re fun to watch. I hope they go deep in the tourney

You're talent assessment is way off. Besides Jackson-Davis, who was the most talented player on the floor last night, the talent on the two teams is fairly even. RU doesn't need to play perfect to beat Indiana, just play well.
Yep, I saw several guys I'd like to have playing for us.

If you have been fortunate/smart enough to have visited Btown you know that it is both fun, beautiful campus and has the best looking co-eds in the BIG...by a long shot. Not bad surroundings for a world-class university. Who the hell has ever or would ever visit Rutger?

I occasionally fly into your disgusting airport when I am going to the city but make it a point to never get out of the car in New Joooisey.

You runs a-long now Vinny
The best part about Indiana is all of the cultural events, the electrifying city of Indianapolis, the career opportunities and of course the beaches and multitude of pro sports teams.

Hey Tesla - Indiana is more than just one college town. What a simpleton you are.

If you individually took Harper, Young, Mathis, Geo, or Johnson they would all start for IU. They have about 3 other players that are debatable to start for us as well.
Yep. Other than TJD, most of our kids wouldn’t start for other BT schools. RT would get time, as would AF (when healthy, he’d play for many teams), bit most of our guys wouldn’t.

You can’t afford NYU. Stop lying. Life in NJ is a lot more fun and interesting than Indiana. One of the most boring places I’ve ever been.
Indiana is such a fun state with tons of good looking women.

BTW - Snookie is from New York you hick.
Some people don’t get out much and know little about the world beyond the Indiana borders. They try hard to suggest otherwise, but it’s obvious they don’t.

Reactions: OriginalKnight
Yep. Other than TJD, most of our kids wouldn’t start for other BT schools. RT would get time, as would AF (when healthy, he’d play for many teams), bit most of our guys wouldn’t.
Race would be a good sub to give a big guy a breather. Probably nobody else... I don't understand why so many are pissed at the Rutgers players. If IU had a dunkfest against another team like that, I would certainly hope our players would be smiling.

Reactions: IndyGlen and kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT