ADVERTISEMENT

Laughed off the floor.

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
Rutger has the least likable bunch I’ve seen a while. To let those clowns absolutely punk us and basically spit in our faces is beyond comprehension. I doubt if a single guy on that roster would ever sniff a scholarship offer from IU, but here they were kicking us and laughing at us.

Coaching or no coaching, when did IU kids get so damn soft? No pride at all.

Rutger has the least likable bunch I’ve seen a while. To let those clowns absolutely punk us and basically spit in our faces is beyond comprehension. I doubt if a single guy on that roster would ever sniff a scholarship offer from IU, but here they were kicking us and laughing at us.

They are coddled before they get here and treated by the fans like rockstars before they set foot on campus and all of that treatment is based off what guys their parent's age did before they were even born.

Full stop, they act like arrogant trust fund babies blowing through Mom and Dad's money when they didn't earn it. "But I am on the team putting in work..." Yeah, so is every other D1 athlete in the country. That Indiana across your chest might as well be a Penn State because that is the reputation these young dudes have earned.

They are coddled before they get here and treated by the fans like rockstars before they set foot on campus and all of that treatment is based off what guys their parent's age did before they were even born.

Full stop, they act like arrogant trust fund babies blowing through Mom and Dad's money when they didn't earn it. "But I am on the team putting in work..." Yeah, so is every other D1 athlete in the country. That Indiana across your chest might as well be a Penn State because that is the reputation these young dudes have earned.

Who do you think acts arrogant? I see fear, uncertainty and lack of confidence.

I don't know how you can say our (RU) players are unlikable. Seems like you're just mad you've beat us once in the last 6 games. We develop players and Pikiell has developed a winning culture. The kids on our team are a class act and play their asses off.

b4d5727b63e37573f336732b49099e23.gif

Archie just needs his players. Franklin, Thompson, Brunk, Stewart are either hurt or not playing at all this team would be atleast final four caliber for sure.

Are you even competent in the least as it pertains to basketball??? It is very apparent that Coach Miller is not a good fit for Indiana. Pretty clear those players would have little impact on this teams overall record.

I don't know how you can say our (RU) players are unlikable. Seems like you're just mad you've beat us once in the last 6 games. We develop players and Pikiell has developed a winning culture. The kids on our team are a class act and play their asses off.
I kinda like your squad. Harper is a big, smart, productive guard, getting NBA looks for good reason. Team has nice balance. And they have an East Coast attitude that is anything but soft and shook. I predicted a big IU loss for a reason. We have serious issues to deal with.

I get you guys being pissed about your current state of affairs. But as a Rutgers fan, I kinda laugh at threads like this. Tonight was not some strange occurrence. We’re 5-1 against you in our last 6 games. If it helps you at all, we’ve sort of owned Purdue recently too. It might be time to stop thinking every loss to Rutgers is a bad loss...we’re just not that bad anymore. We’re in the same boat as you...sorry.

We had players making 3s in the final minutes running down the floor with their hands in the air... shit talking while down 20.

Reactions: IUINSB and kkott
The OP must be about 12. As a grad of both Iowa and Michigan and a fan of the former, I’d much rather play at Indiana then at Rutgers any given year. The fact we lost to the Hoosiers twice is mere evidence we aren’t that good. Indiana was special in the 80s and a chunk of the 90’s. Long time ago.

Lolololol. How many in a row is that RU has beaten your soft team. I’ d rethink what u just said. RU would take Jackson on a scholly, maybe to back up Myles

I get you guys being pissed about your current state of affairs. But as a Rutgers fan, I kinda laugh at threads like this. Tonight was not some strange occurrence. We’re 5-1 against you in our last 6 games. If it helps you at all, we’ve sort of owned Purdue recently too. It might be time to stop thinking every loss to Rutgers is a bad loss...we’re just not that bad anymore. We’re in the same boat as you...sorry.

3 in a row is not owning purdue lol

Lolololol. How many in a row is that RU has beaten your soft team. I’ d rethink what u just said. RU would take Jackson on a scholly, maybe to back up Myles
Point was we’re taking high school “stars “ and wasting them while your guys are actually developing. I love watching Rutgers play now. And if I was a RU fan I would be laughing at IUBB also

Reactions: gmattle

That will change eventually. You’re still Rutgers.

• Haha
Reactions: mk23 and Nieman

Just Rutgers fans that are unlikable. You’re finally going to make a Tournament since 1991 and you’re here stiring up shit.

Last edited:

Serious question...are people from NJ born orange or is there something in the water?

They are treated like rock stars as early as 10 years of age these days....by US. Ever been to AAU, etc.?

When every weekend revolves around a 12 year old's sport, this is what you get.

When a team of 13 year olds has a fan club, life size murals, etc., this is what you get.

Why are we arguing with RU fans?? Our program is a shell of what we think of as Indiana basketball. Let them have their moment in the son. If we get the right leader we still have the possibility of being a national power. Rutgers likely doesn't. Let's pay off the little tyrant and get a damned decent coach for once and for all.

Why are we arguing with RU fans?? Our program is a shell of what we think of as Indiana basketball. Let them have their moment in the son. If we get the right leader we still have the possibility of being a national power. Rutgers likely doesn't. Let's pay off the little tyrant and get a damned decent coach for once and for all.
We have people here who regularly argue with Purdue fans, looking like idiots, even as they use us to wipe their feet twice a year. Most of our fans have never seen IU as an elite program, so they don’t know what it looks like. We have the program we’ve asked for.

Reactions: BigMobe and .Gerdis
Who do you think acts arrogant? I see fear, uncertainty and lack of confidence.
They are treated like rock stars as early as 10 years of age these days....by US. Ever been to AAU, etc.?

When a team of 13 year olds has a fan club, life size murals, etc., this is what you get.

Yep. People say the fans are a problem by being too tough on coaches. I think the way we treated Romeo was a bigger problem. Kid had not done anything at IU and came in being worshipped.

Yep. People say the fans are a problem by being too tough on coaches. I think the way we treated Romeo was a bigger problem. Kid had not done anything at IU and came in being worshipped.

Still worshiped. You can suck at IU and still be considered a star. Insanity.

Still worshiped. You can suck at IU and still be considered a star. Insanity.
in fairness there aren't many who worship Romeo.... most of us are at the "meh" category. It's hard to truly achieve "worship" status without a Natty.... Yogi/Zeller/Oladipo are exceptions. At least Yogi won 2 BTT's. You're forgetting how injured Romeo was... LOL

And actually to add to that, the fanbase tends to build all these guys up before they reach campus. I will tread a little lightly and just say that the fan treatment is more in line with what the program was when Calbert Cheaney was playing as opposed to what it has been the past 20 years. The way this program performs, the attention the kids get should be more in line with what Penn State basketball players do.

Reactions: Radio Zero
in fairness there aren't many who worship Romeo.... most of us are at the "meh" category. It's hard to truly achieve "worship" status without a Natty.... Yogi/Zeller/Oladipo are exceptions. At least Yogi won 2 BTT's. You're forgetting how injured Romeo was... LOL

I am not talking when he was playing. I am saying before the guy ever set foot on the Assembly Hall court as a player. Adults were lining up around the block for the kid's signature and the majority of that was related to his relationship with IU....and I don't think he ever really won anything, anywhere.

They can have their moment in the son, as long as I can have my moment in the daughter! She is 18, right?

I may be in the minority but I think that Romeo was the most overhyped, soft player we've maybe ever recruited. I'm sure he's a nice kid but with that talent, I hated every moment of watching him go through the motions.

More power to him, he's probably going to be a hang around player in the NBA for long enough to live well but he's likely going to be remembered as 2nd or 3rd string QB who is somewhat made of glass. After watching him play, I don't really give CAM all that much credit for recruiting this "big Indiana star". Give me a kid with less talent that will get on the floor and bring some intensity to elevate other mediocre players any day.

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh.13

That's a copout. Rutgers, WI, OSU and PU's players play AAU too, right? WVU, Gonzaga and UVA's? I see lots of kids buying in and playing hard... just not ours. Those teams come in knowing our team are their bitches and if they just play hard, eventually we'll fold. They are right, but their kids played AAU too.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority but I think that Romeo was the most overhyped, soft player we've maybe ever recruited. I'm sure he's a nice kid but with that talent, I hated every moment of watching him go through the motions.

More power to him, he's probably going to be a hang around player in the NBA for long enough to live well but he's likely going to be remembered as 2nd or 3rd string QB who is somewhat made of glass. After watching him play, I don't really give CAM all that much credit for recruiting this "big Indiana star". Give me a kid with less talent that will get on the floor and bring some intensity to elevate other mediocre players any day.

I am not really going to agree or disagree with you about how Romeo was as a player, although I think you have some valid points...my main critique is that the Indiana fanbase is so invested in this program that we tend to treat players with a bit more deference than the on court play would suggest. We overhype our players before they ever play a game for us. A guy like Phinisee gets talked up for months on forums like this and others and it is a level of hype that does not correlate to what this team has been. I doubt the Rutgers players get half the attention our guys do. That can breed an unearned sense of entitlement....

I will leave it at that.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
That will change eventually. You’re still Rutgers.
Keep thinking that way and you will keep watching everyone else pass you by. Listen as a Rutgers fan I still wait for the other shoe to drop but Pike and the type of scrappy players we get and develop has really changed the narrative. Parity is much more of a factor now esp with the money spread across all the teams. With the right leadership IU year in and year out should be better than this and be able to avoid big drop offs. RU more of a developmemtal program that likely will have peaks and valleys but discrediting RU is simply not recognizing modern times and the state of Big Ten basketball.

Credit to IU football, who would have thought that. I bring this up because times are changing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT