ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Lincoln Project (and others) ads...

I love this organization. We need the Republican party to be functional again so we can actually have debates in this country. We can't function when one side is in psychosis.

My angst is mainly a Trump thing. It's not an ideology for the most part as I, like many people, don't really fit squarely into the two parties.

I think capitalism is good and that government should take care of its citizens.

Capitalism is left unchecked will get greedy and foster a massive winner/loser divide.

Government if left unchecked will stagnate and implode on itself if it can't be fed with a strong tax base (driven by capitalism).

Maybe I'm a left leaning libertarian??

Anyway, Trump is a national threat in my eyes. He's the Joker in the Dark Knight, the Republicans are the mob and the democrats are the gotham police working with a Batman.

I love this organization. We need the Republican party to be functional again so we can actually have debates in this country. We can't function when one side is in psychosis.
While I can agree that the #NewGOP objectively sucks out loud, the fallback Democratic Party is falling victim to woke cancel culture and absurd ideas like defunding the police.

We are massively ****ed.

Reactions: Gladeskat
While I can agree that the #NewGOP objectively sucks out loud, the fallback Democratic Party is falling victim to woke cancel culture and absurd ideas like defunding the police.

We are massively ****ed.
We can argue about all that stuff latter. It's not important. It's just noise.

We really need to get rid of this unfit imbecile first. We may all have different ideologies but we're all on the same team ultimately. This orange buffoon doesn't understand that and wants to separate us and it seems he's doing it not only to further his interests but the interests of a hostile nation that wants to see the downfall of our democracy, our economy and presence on the world diplomatic stage.

No sense worrying about the paint on the walls when the foundation is cracking.

Last edited:
My angst is mainly a Trump thing. It's not an ideology for the most part as I, like many people, don't really fit squarely into the two parties.

I think capitalism is good and that government should take care of its citizens.

Capitalism is left unchecked will get greedy and foster a massive winner/loser divide.

Government if left unchecked will stagnate and implode on itself if it can't be fed with a strong tax base (driven by capitalism).

Maybe I'm a left leaning libertarian??

Anyway, Trump is a national threat in my eyes. He's the Joker in the Dark Knight, the Republicans are the mob and the democrats are the gotham police working with a Batman.
I agree with you completely 100%

Reactions: TommyCracker

We are massively ****ed.
The section of the democratic party with AOC is reactionary to what Trump has created. The goal is to stop Trumpism and the moderates will control the dialogue in this country. We need both parties to have a pulse in order to move forward in a cohesive way. Right now the Republican party is not a functioning party.

We are massively ****ed.
Of course you feel that way. You're a moderate conservative. The distaste you feel for the left is rooted entirely in your differences of opinion with them.

But one thing you moderates/center-right folks and we leftists should be able to agree on is that the Trump Party is inherently corrupt and incompetent. We can join together to remove this shitstain from the country, and then get back to respectfully disagreeing about what comes next.

Trump has a pretty big fan in this fellow.

Which surprises me since Trump told me that he has done more for African Americans than any president than maybe Lincoln.

Seriously, it's a dangerous clown show that needs to go.

Which surprises me since Trump told me that he has done more for African Americans than any president than maybe Lincoln.

306f2bc935e88ccb3a722e53b2b5d56a.jpg

He's one of the very fine people that Trump was referring to? Just asking...

The section of the democratic party with AOC is reactionary to what Trump has created. The goal is to stop Trumpism and the moderates will control the dialogue in this country. We need both parties to have a pulse in order to move forward in a cohesive way. Right now the Republican party is not a functioning party.
It would majorly behoove the Democratic Party to get the AOC and those of the woke naïveté to stop trying to lead the party. That’s all I see when I hear Democrats talking and it’s starting to really bother me as we march to November. If the democrats want to be the adults in the room, they need to seize that opportunity. Not squashing calls to defund police, allowing things like CHOP to exist, etc are all nationally prominent turn offs. I can sort of look past them at the goal of defeating Trumpism - but it’s getting harder and trust me when I say I’m far more patient than others I know in my circles.

It would majorly behoove the Democratic Party to get the AOC and those of the woke naïveté to stop trying to lead the party. That’s all I see when I hear Democrats talking and it’s starting to really bother me as we march to November. If the democrats want to be the adults in the room, they need to seize that opportunity. Not squashing calls to defund police, allowing things like CHOP to exist, etc are all nationally prominent turn offs. I can sort of look past them at the goal of defeating Trumpism - but it’s getting harder and trust me when I say I’m far more patient than others I know in my circles.

I get what your saying and largely agree. My counter would be that the Dems put up Biden and Biden has come out against defund the police and taking down monuments for Washington and Jefferson. The parties are always going to have their extreme flanks. Right now, the extreme takeover from the left is theoretical while from the right it is actual.

I get what your saying and largely agree. My counter would be that the Dems put up Biden and Biden has come out against defund the police and taking down monuments for Washington and Jefferson. The parties are always going to have their extreme flanks. Right now, the extreme takeover from the left is theoretical while from the right it is actual.

"[t]heoretical"?

The unveiling of the Biden Sanders Unity Task Force Recomendations might not be so theoretical.

"[t]heoretical"?

The unveiling of the Biden Sanders Unity Task Force Recomendations might not be so theoretical.

Compared to actions that are occurring, yes I’d say that task force recommendations are theoretical. The house is on fire and people want to debate whether a meteor might someday in the future hit the house. I say we put out the fire first.

Reactions: glmiu11
Compared to actions that are occurring, yes I’d say that task force recommendations are theoretical. The house is on fire and people want to debate whether a meteor might someday in the future hit the house. I say we put out the fire first.
They’re tipping their hand that they are open to radical change. That’s not ok with voters like me. That’s all I’m saying.

These are actual Republicans going after other Republican officeholders...

Those are some of the best political ads I've ever seen.

I read a story somewhere where they quoted a number of current Republican strategists. They all were quoted as saying Lincoln Project members will never be welcome back to the Republican Party. Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson, George Conway. I really enjoy reading their posts on Twitter. Very clever people. I know Ana Navarro isn't in the LP, but she's another "never Trumper" I really like. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out after Trump leaves office.

Reactions: outside shooter

Imagine how Tucker's already skittish sponsors are gonna feel after finding out their ads are running on a show endorsed by the Dukester... Except of course for "My Pillow Guy"- He's ALL IN...

Reactions: TommyCracker
We can argue about all that stuff latter. It's not important. It's just noise.

We really need to get rid of this unfit imbecile first. We may all have different ideologies but we're all on the same team ultimately. This orange buffoon doesn't understand that and wants to separate us and it seems he's doing it not only to further his interests but the interests of a hostile nation that wants to see the downfall of our democracy, our economy and presence on the world diplomatic stage.

No sense worrying about the paint on the walls when the foundation is cracking.
Yup again.

They’re tipping their hand that they are open to radical change. That’s not ok with voters like me. That’s all I’m saying.
The status quo has failed even before Corvid. Global warming is real and is an existential threat that was not being addressed. The Republican tax cuts, mostly for the rich, were breaking us and amazingly (dws) the Republicans said nothing about it. Etc, etc. I hope most people will see that.

Reactions: glmiu11
The status quo has failed even before Corvid. Global warming is real and is an existential threat that was not being addressed. The Republican tax cuts, mostly for the rich, were breaking us and amazingly (dws) the Republicans said nothing about it. Etc, etc. I hope most people will see that.
I agree. But, the cancel culture and the defund the police mantra is absurd.
It turns good people off.

I agree. But, the cancel culture and the defund the police mantra is absurd.
It turns good people off.

Defund the police is really expand the police.

If it was given that name it would be harder for Fox to try to scare you....which is all Fox has left, scare tactics.

Expand the police means let's give 911 more options to deal with emergencies than simply the cops.

No one is getting rid of cops, we're turning away from having imperial stormtroopers and wanting to expand the police to better serve the community.

When your house is on fire and you call 911 do you want them to send the police?

When you have fallen and can't get up in your house, do you want 911 to send the police?

911 has basically three options.... Fire, EMT or police.

The police have to handle all non fire or medical situations.

Lastly to get around police unions protecting bad cops, some will have to use the old bandrupsy trick and supposedly end the Bloomington Police...but come back as the Monroe Co. Police force.

Nothing says radical change more than Joe Biden. He's always been an extreme radical.

He's also most likely a one term president.

He's got one goal, get Trump out and hopefully destroy Trumpism altogether and reset the table.

He's actually doing Republicans a favor. He's a vanilla, centrist whose main purpose is the heal the country and heal our relationships with allies.

I heard from a republican anti Trump podcast that our world allies know that Trump is a clown, so they are willing to wait for us to fix the experiment, but if he's elected a second term it will cause major damage to our world reputation.

The republican party is probably going to get pummeled this cycle but long term it's probably a good thing for the party to root out all of the Trump cronies and get your identity back.

It is the difference between nominating a true, intelligent conservative in 2024 or another joke like Don Jr, Ivanka, Tom Cotton or Tucker Carlson.

Nothing says radical change more than Joe Biden. He's always been an extreme radical.

He's also most likely a one term president.

He's got one goal, get Trump out and hopefully destroy Trumpism altogether and reset the table.

He's actually doing Republicans a favor. He's a vanilla, centrist whose main purpose is the heal the country and heal our relationships with allies.

I heard from a republican anti Trump podcast that our world allies know that Trump is a clown, so they are willing to wait for us to fix the experiment, but if he's elected a second term it will cause major damage to our world reputation.

The republican party is probably going to get pummeled this cycle but long term it's probably a good thing for the party to root out all of the Trump cronies and get your identity back.

It is the difference between nominating a true, intelligent conservative in 2024 or another joke like Don Jr, Ivanka, Tom Cotton or Tucker Carlson.
Remember I have zero problem with Joe Biden. But I trust the rest of the party very little - especially as the AOCs of the world keep getting pushed to the forefront.

Ok, I googled it. The idea is that it is bad to hold someone like Dejuan Jackson accountable for saying stupid things. I get why Fox News hates that, why do you?
Oh Marv you’re so cute. ;)

Cancel culture isn’t about holding people accountable for the things they say in emotional times. Cancel culture is mostly about groupthink and how you can’t stray from the herd in PC thought or the online justice warriors will grab you. They go back in time - dozens of years if necessary - to find something / anything you’ve said and flush it out into the open.

It’s also used to stifle free speech - protesting to not allow speakers into venues, etc. Its all part of the coddling of minds and encouraging groupthink to fit a narrative. It’s a cancer.

Remember I have zero problem with Joe Biden. But I trust the rest of the party very little - especially as the AOCs of the world keep getting pushed to the forefront.

They make up around 25 to 30% of the party and are still struggling to win primaries...but they are growing as a movement and a lot of young kids are attracted to Bernie's movement so, unless it folds when Bernie steps aside it ain't going away.

However they've attacked the party itself instead of work with it so, there is some bad blood within the party right now.

It really reminds me of Goldwater's extreme conservative movement in the 60's. He got destroyed by LBJ, but 16 years later his movement kept growing and one of Goldwater's disciples, Ronald Reagan fulfilled the movement.

Anyway Bernie and the far left are very vocal and aggressive in their tact (see IGW posts) but he's not wrong on a lot of stuff.

We need to better look after and protect our citizens. Our Healthcare is a profit machine, it needs to be reformed in the worst way possible.

Climate change is a real thing. We need to stop denying it and treat it like it's a threat. That doesn't mean eliminate air travel in ten years, but we need to come together as a country towards a unified goal to be a global leader towards this threat.

Most policies are policies of unity of the community.

Why is that scary?

We just want to take better care of our citizens.

They make up around 25 to 30% of the party and are still struggling to win primaries...but they are growing as a movement and a lot of young kids are attracted to Bernie's movement so, unless it folds when Bernie steps aside it ain't going away.

However they've attacked the party itself instead of work with it so, there is some bad blood within the party right now.

It really reminds me of Goldwater's extreme conservative movement in the 60's. He got destroyed by LBJ, but 16 years later his movement kept growing and one of Goldwater's disciples, Ronald Reagan fulfilled the movement.

Anyway Bernie and the far left are very vocal and aggressive in their tact (see IGW posts) but he's not wrong on a lot of stuff.

We need to better look after and protect our citizens. Our Healthcare is a profit machine, it needs to be reformed in the worst way possible.

Climate change is a real thing. We need to stop denying it and treat it like it's a threat. That doesn't mean eliminate air travel in ten years, but we need to come together as a country towards a unified goal to be a global leader towards this threat.

Most policies are policies of unity of the community.

Why is that scary?

We just want to take better care of our citizens.
That all sounds peachy keen.....like communism does. ;)

Reactions: Spartans9312

Cancel culture isn’t about holding people accountable for the things they say in emotional times. Cancel culture is mostly about groupthink and how you can’t stray from the herd in PC thought or the online justice warriors will grab you. They go back in time - dozens of years if necessary - to find something / anything you’ve said and flush it out into the open.

It’s also used to stifle free speech - protesting to not allow speakers into venues, etc. Its all part of the coddling of minds and encouraging groupthink to fit a narrative. It’s a cancer.

This cancel culture fear that Carlson likes to fear monger is simple peer pressure from the community.

It's to make a person feel like a dick for saying racist things. You know, peer pressure.

It means the community regulates the morality like it always has.

I've called many people a f#$king retard or a fag, ****** in my lifetime. In the 90's those who were offended stayed quiet and didn't correct me...today our community has evolved in its morality that it is offensive, and I get it. I don't say it as much if at all.

No one is taking away freedom of speech. You can be as non PC and offensive as you want and keep your liberties.

However more people are going to scorn you and shame you for looking like an uneducated, slack jawed booger eating moron.

That's simple, basic peer pressure.

Defund the police is really expand the police.

If it was given that name it would be harder for Fox to try to scare you....which is all Fox has left, scare tactics.

Expand the police means let's give 911 more options to deal with emergencies than simply the cops.

No one is getting rid of cops, we're turning away from having imperial stormtroopers and wanting to expand the police to better serve the community.

When your house is on fire and you call 911 do you want them to send the police?

When you have fallen and can't get up in your house, do you want 911 to send the police?

911 has basically three options.... Fire, EMT or police.

The police have to handle all non fire or medical situations.

Lastly to get around police unions protecting bad cops, some will have to use the old bandrupsy trick and supposedly end the Bloomington Police...but come back as the Monroe Co. Police force.
I get your point. But there are people on the left that want to defund the police just as much as Fox says they do. It’s ridiculous.

Meh, cancel culture is just society and community correcting aberrant behavior when the current mechanisms do not. It's how norms are formed.

There's always been a cancel culture even without internet. Example: go to work today and scream obscenities using words that are not socially acceptable. You will get canceled.

Like everything else, it's not so black and white. Well, it shouldn't be, everything is so polarized right now. Thank Putin and Maga-propaganda. They've turned one side into a bunch of obnoxious fact deniers and racists which maddens the other into knee jerk reactions.

Also, though you are correct and it is groupthink (most community actions are) some people that use the term cancel culture just want to say racist or other aberrant things in public without repercussion. Same people who used the same definition when concerning being PC.

Last edited:

The cancel culture is what got Trump elected; coupled with the fact that the Democrats ran Clinton.
People are sick of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT