ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Knight AD rumor

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
I heard at the Bowl game that the Athletic Dept staff are trying to get donors to buy into supporting Scott Dolson for AD instead of Pat Kraft. They obviously don't want any changes. Dolson was a former Knight manager and they want to announce it before PU game and get Knight to come to PU game and name the court Bob Knight Court. So the Athletic Dept is trying to use Knight to get this passed now.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I heard at the Bowl game that the Athletic Dept staff are trying to get donors to buy into supporting Scott Dolson for AD instead of Pat Kraft. They obviously don't want any changes. Dolson was a former Knight manager and they want to announce it before PU game and get Knight to come to PU game and name the court Bob Knight Court. So the Athletic Dept is trying to use Knight to get this passed now.
Do you actually believe that?

Reactions: IUXC68
Sure, this is a great idea. Next to Knight's signature on the court, they should inscribe, "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."

He can kiss mine for the giant middle finger he's extended to IU for years.

If you work in a dept and like how easy your life is would you want a new boss who could be more demanding? Universities are there own animal. Why would you ever hire a Dolson over a guy with real experience like Kraft?
So who is your source?

This would be the “very IU” thing to do. When you live in a bubble like most of these people do, you certainly don’t want any new blood shaking things up. It’s a good ‘ol boy network at IU. We’ve got to keep everything exactly as it is.

Reactions: Tegray1
This would be the “very IU” thing to do. When you live in a bubble like most of these people do, you certainly don’t want any new blood shaking things up. It’s a good ‘ol boy network at IU. We’ve got to keep everything exactly as it is.
I doubt if “Athletic Department staff” is going to have little, if any, say who is hired. I cant see anyone responsible for the hire will think Dolson is qualified to be AD but, in the unforeseeable instance they do, it won’t be because easily replaceable people want to stage a coup so they can bring Bob Knight back. Think about how that actually sounds for a minute.

I have a strong feeling the President wants Dolson. That way it’s status quo with the current diversion of athletic funds to his pet projects as it was with Glass. Kraft is an unknown as for as loyalty to the president.

I want Kraft because he has led and has experience doing the job. Great record and an IU guy. Bob Knight should have zero to do with the decision period.

I read the OP three times and I am still not sure I follow the rambling connections.

I have a strong feeling the President wants Dolson. That way it’s status quo with the current diversion of athletic funds to his pet projects as it was with Glass. Kraft is an unknown as for as loyalty to the president.

I want Kraft because he has led and has experience doing the job. Great record and an IU guy. Bob Knight should have zero to do with the decision period.
The BoT determines capital funding.

I doubt McRobbie knows who Dolson is.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
So you don't think the staff is lobbying the committee? That is very naive.

I doubt if “Athletic Department staff” is going to have little, if any, say who is hired. I cant see anyone responsible for the hire will think Dolson is qualified to be AD but, in the unforeseeable instance they do, it won’t be because easily replaceable people want to stage a coup so they can bring Bob Knight back. Think about how that actually sounds for a minute.

So you don't think the staff is lobbying the committee? That is very naive.
What DANC said. You said they were lobbying “donors”. That would be even less effective since the heavy hitting donors likely know that Dolson isn’t qualified and are probably all pretty successful people who didn’t get where they are by listening to sycophants.

He’s waiting to come on board. Go get him!

temple-owls-athletic-director-dr-pat-kraft-looks-on-prior-to-the-game-picture-id628416558

Your current Athletic Department staff aren't very smart. The donors need to tell them NO. Can't let the committee recommend him.

QUOTE="Daydreamer, post: 2837265, member: 4008"]What DANC said. You said they were lobbying “donors”. That would be even less effective since the heavy hitting donors likely know that Dolson isn’t qualified and are probably all pretty successful people who didn’t get where they are by listening to sycophants.[/QUOTE]

Who did you hear that from?

Why do you have that feeling? Have you had personal conversation with Mr. McRobbie?

Donor/alum

QUOTE="IUXC68, post: 2837303, member: 4686"]Who did you hear that from?[/QUOTE]

Your current Athletic Department staff aren't very smart. The donors need to tell them NO. Can't let the committee recommend him.

QUOTE="Daydreamer, post: 2837265, member: 4008"]What DANC said. You said they were lobbying “donors”. That would be even less effective since the heavy hitting donors likely know that Dolson isn’t qualified and are probably all pretty successful people who didn’t get where they are by listening to sycophants.
[/QUOTE]
As I've made clear, I'm not concerned.

I seriously doubt the BTN/academic sharing will stop regardless of who the AD is. We’ll do it just like the rest of the conference does.

This is absurd.

Sure, this is a great idea. Next to Knight's signature on the court, they should inscribe, "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."

He can kiss mine for the giant middle finger he's extended to IU for years.
that's cute

ADVERTISEMENT