ADVERTISEMENT

Late holding call propelled Tennessee to victory

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
I believe it was on a 3rd and 10 that they called IU for a very cheap holding call. I think Jamar Johnson drew the penalty. Replay showed a very cheap call in that situation.

I would bet the farm that without that call, Indiana hangs on for the W. I hate to always see these calls break Indiana. You can bet your ass Tennessee was dead friggin meat until that PAC crew threw out that weak ass flag to bail them out.

Surprised this hasn't been discussed more thoroughly.

I believe it was on a 3rd and 10 that they called IU for a very cheap holding call. I think Jamar Johnson drew the penalty. Replay showed a very cheap call in that situation.

I would bet the farm that without that call, Indiana hangs on for the W. I hate to always see these calls break Indiana. You can bet your ass Tennessee was dead friggin meat until that PAC crew threw out that weak ass flag to bail them out.

I agree the holding call there was ticky-tack and could have given IU a better chance to win without the call.

Reactions: DANC
I agree the holding call there was ticky-tack and could have given IU a better chance to win without the call.
Looking back, it was HUGE. I really believe it allowed Tennessee to win the game. It ended up breaking a very, very good defensive stand.

The days of these cheap, Mickey mouse calls going against IU, and ultimately breaking IU, is getting old.

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
Part of the reason these things hurt us so bad is that we do not do a good job of overcoming them. Good teams get bad calls too but they often don’t let them hurt.

I think it hurts IU bad because the margin between winning and losing these games right now is very slim.

Part of the reason these things hurt us so bad is that we do not do a good job of overcoming them. Good teams get bad calls too but they often don’t let them hurt.

I think it hurts IU bad because the margin between winning and losing these games right now is very slim.
100% agree, Walt. We will progress,so this will change in the near future.

Reactions: Walt542

2 things:
1) doing the chacha on the football is holding, not pass defense and that is what your defender attempted to do
2) the pass interference call on Warrior was pure BS, as was the "holding" call on Carvin on the first play of the game
so the

So the calls go both ways.
On balance we SEC fans loved the refs because they were not incompetent, seemingly on the take SEC refs!

2 things:
1) doing the chacha on the football is holding, not pass defense and that is what your defender attempted to do
2) the pass interference call on Warrior was pure BS, as was the "holding" call on Carvin on the first play of the game
so the

On balance we SEC fans loved the refs because they were not incompetent, seemingly on the take SEC refs!
You should've loved them, they BAILED your team out when it was DEAD to rights, my friend. Many refs don't make that call, you got it by the skin of your teeth.

Please don't elaborate on how great of a call it was. It was weak sauce that allowed you people to win because without it, you lose!!

2 things:
so the

I bet you do feel that way.....after they hand you a win.

You should've loved them, they BAILED your team out when it was DEAD to rights, my friend. Many refs don't make that call, you got it by the skin of your teeth.

Please don't elaborate on how great of a call it was. It was weak sauce that allowed you people to win because without it, you lose!!

When a player puts TWO (2) hands on a player it is going to get CALLED - whining about it doesn't CHANGE that FACT
I don't know what rules you're citing, but just putting hands on a WR is NOT holding or PI.

Yes, his hands were on the WR, and he took them off and the WR took at least 2 steps unencumbered when the ball got there. It had no impact on an overthrown ball.

I'm not one who thinks that turned the game around, but it would have taken a fantastic 4th down play by Tennessee to stay in the game, at that point.

It's OK to admit it, just as it's OK for you to point out any obvious calls that went against UT.

But please don't try to justify that call. You know it and we know it - it would not have been called in the O$U/Clemson game, nor any other reasonably called game.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT