ADVERTISEMENT

Late decision for TJD

Of course I want the guy but don’t you guys think Moore will be awfully good next year anyways?

Wait a minute. He's the No. 15 player in the country. Did Duke, Kentucky, Kansas or Villanova show any interest in him?

Could these poachers could get back in the picture before next spring?
They probably are already

Wait a minute. He's the No. 15 player in the country. Did Duke, Kentucky, Kansas or Villanova show any interest in him?

Izzo is in his ear from the sound of things.

He is such an obvious perfect replacement for Juwan Morgan. I really hope Archie can seal the deal.

No none of the programs you mentioned are
interested but others may enter more strongly
i.e., MSU and UCLA. The NBA is stockpiling
players so he better find the right system.
He also knows that he can fall back on IU
if all doesn't go as plan. Look for a June
or July commit.

or July commit.
Lol "fall back on IU" they've been the favorite for years and still are. GTFOH

Lol "fall back on IU" they've been the favorite for years and still are. GTFOH
I didn't say that IU wasn't leading, I was only
emphasizing that he is trying keep the letters or
interest coming his way. Enjoy the ride in other words.

I also don't believe he is a Glen Robinson or
Greg Kelser over and out.

Last edited:
Izzo is in his ear from the sound of things.

MSU is said to be leading for the 6'9" Stewart. I wonder if they are selling TJD on playing PF with Malik Hall playing SF. They may be telling TJD he'll play center for us.

I'm not sold on what I'm seeing from Jake F., Moore, or R. Thompson. If we don't get at least 1 of TJD, Brooks, or Watford we'll have a serious talent gap going forward v. MSU & OSU.

Guess he likes the attention.

sour-grapes.jpg

I have no problem with it (not sure where you are getting sour grapes)when I could care less when he decides. That being said, IU is after a lot of guys at his position along with having some on the roster so let's hope he doesn't wait too long.

There is nothing wrong with loving the attention, why wouldn't these kids with all these schools and fans fawning over them. He's made comments like, "I'm still enjoying the process" but even after he's been down to his final 3 for awhile and taken all his visits, he's still pushing his commitment date back. It's clear that he likes the attention and he's not ready for it to be over yet, good for him.

I have no problem with it (not sure where you are getting sour grapes)when I could care less when he decides. That being said, IU is after a lot of guys at his position along with having some on the roster so let's hope he doesn't wait too long.

There is nothing wrong with loving the attention, why wouldn't these kids with all these schools and fans fawning over them. He's made comments like, "I'm still enjoying the process" but even after he's been down to his final 3 for awhile and taken all his visits, he's still pushing his commitment date back. It's clear that he likes the attention and he's not ready for it to be over yet, good for him.

Easily imagine a dozen other reasons why he might be holding back, but as you seemingly know what people you've never met are thinking, must be just as you say.

Perhaps that's harsh - find long-distance judgments involving people's motivations sort of absurd, and especially those relating to teenagers. Could be you're right, and then it could be something else altogether.

Last edited:
or July commit.

You are insane. June or July? Romeo committed in April. The commits start school in the summer. He'll already be on campus somewhere in July.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava

... or maybe it's that he's faced with the biggest decision of his young life, has 3 really good options and is truly uncertain about which one is best. Maybe it's that he was hoping to have a clear choice before the season, but now that it's upon him he's decided to focus on that and hold off on a decision so he can also see how each team plays and how the coach coaches? And he's "been down to his final 3 for awhile..." what, all of 4 weeks?

Not sure why you have to paint him as narcissistic and self-centered when there are more likely and reasonable explanations. Again, if I was the Father of a top ranked recruit, one who can control the process and keep his options open, I'd generally advise to wait, especially in his circumstance. If UCLA doesn't have an outstanding year, Steve may be gone. If MSU gets implicated more deeply in scandal, same for Izzo. His waiting may be the best option for IU in the long run. If Romeo had pulled the trigger last fall, IU would not have been his destination.

Not sure why you have to paint him as narcissistic and self-centered when there are more likely and reasonable explanations.
Good lord, because this is exactly what I said. Is that all this board does now is pull words out of people's mouths that they never said or meant just to fit their agenda? I'm sick and tired of having to send 8 messages explaining something because this holier than thou board jumps to conclusions trying to make people look bad.

My OPINION is that he enjoys the attention and I don't blame him at all. He's the one with the talent, he's the one we're recruiting, and if it was me in that scenario I would do the same thing. He's been down to 3 for awhile, he's been deciding for years, and he's made all of his visits. He's said he looks up to Romeo, and he saw first hand all the love and adulation Rome got. I'm of the opinion he wants some of that too, that doesn't make him "narcissistic or self centered" it's a kid being a kid. He's also made comments multiple times that he's, "enjoying the process" and to me that sounds like he's enjoying the attention which doesn't bother me at all and anybody would. If you don't agree with me that's fine, agree to disagree and move on.

Don't insinuate that I called a kid narcissistic and self centered when I never once said anything like that. Likeing the attention as a 17 year old 5* recruit doesn't make him self centered, it makes him normal. If you keep pulling words out of my mouth then you're going to get put on ignore because I have more important things to do than argue over bs that I never said.

Good lord, because this is exactly what I said. Is that all this board does now is pull words out of people's mouths that they never said or meant just to fit their agenda? I'm sick and tired of having to send 8 messages explaining something because this holier than thou board jumps to conclusions trying to make people look bad.

My OPINION is that he enjoys the attention and I don't blame him at all. He's the one with the talent, he's the one we're recruiting, and if it was me in that scenario I would do the same thing. He's been down to 3 for awhile, he's been deciding for years, and he's made all of his visits. He's said he looks up to Romeo, and he saw first hand all the love and adulation Rome got. I'm of the opinion he wants some of that too, that doesn't make him "narcissistic or self centered" it's a kid being a kid. He's also made comments multiple times that he's, "enjoying the process" and to me that sounds like he's enjoying the attention which doesn't bother me at all and anybody would. If you don't agree with me that's fine, agree to disagree and move on.

Don't insinuate that I called a kid narcissistic and self centered when I never once said anything like that. Likeing the attention as a 17 year old 5* recruit doesn't make him self centered, it makes him normal. If you keep pulling words out of my mouth then you're going to get put on ignore because I have more important things to do than argue over bs that I never said.

Reread your post. You're right, you never said it, but that's what your post implies. He hasn't been down to 3 for very long at all... a few weeks, and he does have 3 very good options. I do disagree that most kids like the attention. Always exceptions, and yes I think they all want their moment in the sun to put on the hat in front of friends, classmates and family but for most by this time I think the endless speculation, texts, etc... are getting old and tiresome. Still, it's a big decision and I don't blame any kid for not rushing in to it. And, you never said THAT, nor implied it.

or July commit.
june or july? i don't think anyone commits that late

MSU is said to be leading for the 6'9" Stewart. I wonder if they are selling TJD on playing PF with Malik Hall playing SF. They may be telling TJD he'll play center for us.

I'm not sold on what I'm seeing from Jake F., Moore, or R. Thompson. If we don't get at least 1 of TJD, Brooks, or Watford we'll have a serious talent gap going forward v. MSU & OSU.
already giving up on those 3? wow, that was fast

Reactions: Willray

or he wants to see how his final 3 teams look this season, especially indiana

Agreed. I feel like I've barely seen Thompson or Forrester and it's their first year, etc... Looking forward to seeing all our guys against a real opponent!

"Giving up on" is a bit much........all of us have expectations/hunches about each recruit based on what we've seen, heard, read.......to me, Romeo & Phinisee are as expected, Anderson has been better than expected, and Thompson & Forrester don't look as promising as I had hoped. For example, I had expected Forrester to be very limited offensively, but more ready to contribute defensively and on the boards. Not saying those guys + Moore can't be legit contributors given time, but I don't expect much this year, and probably next based on first appearances.

Last edited:
"Giving up on" is a bit much........all of us have expectations/hunches about each recruit based on what we've seen, heard, read.......to me, Romeo & Phinisee are as expected, Anderson has been better than expected, and Thompson & Forrester don't look as promising as I had hoped. For example, I had expected Forrester to be very limited offensively, but more ready to contribute defensively and on the boards. Not saying those guys + Moore can't be legit contributors given time, but I don't expect mush this year, and probably next based on first appearances.
You're right, I mean Forrester has played a whole 3 min against cupcakes this year as a true freshman. Let's go ahead and jump to conclusions based on that.

You're right, I mean Forrester has played a whole 3 min against cupcakes this year as a true freshman. Let's go ahead and jump to conclusions based on that.

Well.....he's played a few minutes against cupcake opponents when we've had a ton of injuries on our front line. and when other freshmen are playing extensively. Hello. And he hasn't looked comfortable, imo, when he's played. Archie has apparently decided he's not ready to contribute. I thought, mistakenly, that he might be ready to contribute. All I'm saying is he's not as far along as I thought he'd be.

Well.....he's played a few minutes against cupcake opponents when we've had a ton of injuries on our front line. and when other freshmen are playing extensively. Hello. And he hasn't looked comfortable, imo, when he's played. Archie has apparently decided he's not ready to contribute. I thought, mistakenly, that he might be ready to contribute. All I'm saying is he's not as far along as I thought he'd be.
For what it's worth ... forwards and posts take longer to develop. The transition from HS to NCAA is much more glaring to inside players than perimeter. Plus, he's slightly raw skillswise. Give him two years, he'll be an asset.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT