ADVERTISEMENT

Last two plays of the game were the "Mayhem Moment" on ESPN

The delay pass to Hendershot was a hell of a call.

The QB sneak was a thing of beauty. Great job by PR waiting just long enough to get everyone set.

I well remember a couple of last minute plays that went against us in OOB games-----Keith Calvin fumbling right in front of the goalposts fighting for extra yards when all we needed was a FG to win the game; the missed FG in AT's SR year. Those last 2 plays in this game go a little way toward squaring matters.

I'm so happy we pulled it out. That said, I had a HORRIBLE feeling we were giving it away all game long. We tried our best to lose that game and that's what is so frustrating.

It was an ugly win is what it was. Charles Campbell may be our new kicker in the bowl game, we'll see.

Reactions: BayernFan
Did you guys see the sneak play? Ahrod Lloyd was in an offset position. And he ran up behind Peyton as soon as the ball was snapped and grabbed him and pushed him in. It was a designed play. Unfortunately, it’s on film now so we’ll have to have a counter to it.

Reactions: IU73 and DANC
I'm so happy we pulled it out. That said, I had a HORRIBLE feeling we were giving it away all game long. We tried our best to lose that game and that's what is so frustrating.

It was an ugly win is what it was. Charles Campbell may be our new kicker in the bowl game, we'll see.

I was ranting and raving the whole game. Very difficult game to watch, especially the Purdue drive after we got ahead 28-10. I thought when that happened that we'd lose the game.

Did you guys see the sneak play? Ahrod Lloyd was in an offset position. And he ran up behind Peyton as soon as the ball was snapped and grabbed him and pushed him in. It was a designed play. Unfortunately, it’s on film now so we’ll have to have a counter to it.

Definitely did see that.......what a great moment for that kid. That's something he'll never forget.

Reactions: IU73 and fkfootball

CTA said after the game that LJ was still our kicker.......I feel really bad for LJ, but at least we didn't lose the game. That would have been devastating for him..............

Reactions: IU73 and 76-1
I had a flashback to the home game vs Minny a few years back when IU tried a backwards lateral at the one yard line to win the game. Minny recovered the miscue and won the nail biter.

IU showed a lot of growth on yesterday’s final drive especially considering one miscue would have lost the game and The Bucket.

Reactions: IU73
I had a flashback to the home game vs Minny a few years back when IU tried a backwards lateral at the one yard line to win the game. Minny recovered the miscue and won the nail biter.

IU showed a lot of growth on yesterday’s final drive especially considering one miscue would have lost the game and The Bucket.

What's strange is that we have such a high level of discipline/technique on O, and so low on D.

As examples....the 2nd & 3rd team TBs we used yesterday....no fumbles.....few fumbles on the year from the TBs....very few dropped passes the entire year.....also no ints yesterday, and not really close to having one. Also, getting lined up so quickly and getting the QS off in the OT.

I'd also say the STs have been above average for the entire year.

On D. 10 men on the field on a crucial play.....giving up 2 2 pt conversions on the same play.....seemingly no plan for Hopkins.....lapses in effort given....late hits, face mask penalties...leaving running lanes open.....not getting lined up in time.....the one area I think has been pretty good is tackling technique, but that was also somewhat lacking yesterday.

Was Minny. Was Tevin Coleman. Wasn't on the 1 though....

FUMBLEIND DRIVE: 9 PLAYS 46 YARDS, 02:52 IND FUMB, 2:52
MINN42IND39

• 1st & 10 at IND 31
    (3:06 - 4th) Nate Sudfeld pass complete to Ted Bolser for 5 yards to the Ind 36, tackled by Cedric Thompson.

• 2nd & 5 at IND 36
    (3:06 - 4th) Nate Sudfeld pass complete to Shane Wynn for 20 yards to the Minn 44, tackled by Antonio Johnson for a 1ST down.

• 1st & 10 at MINN 44
    (3:06 - 4th) Tevin Coleman rush for 5 yards to the Minn 39, tackled by Aaron Hill.

• 2nd & 5 at MINN 39
    (3:06 - 4th) Nate Sudfeld pass complete to Kofi Hughes for 20 yards to the Minn 19, tackled by Cedric Thompson and De'Vondre Campbell for a 1ST down.

• 1st & 10 at MINN 19
    (3:06 - 4th) Tevin Coleman rush for 1 yard to the Minn 18, tackled by Theiren Cockran.

• 2nd & 9 at MINN 18
    (3:06 - 4th) Nate Sudfeld pass complete to Ted Bolser for 4 yards to the Minn 14, tackled by Cedric Thompson out-of-bounds.

• 3rd & 5 at MINN 14
    (3:06 - 4th) Stephen Houston rush for 5 yards to the Minn 9, tackled by Scott Ekpe for a 1ST down.

• 1st & Goal at MINN 9
    (3:06 - 4th) Nate Sudfeld pass incomplete to Cody Latimer, broken up by Martez Shabazz.

• 2nd & Goal at MINN 9
    (0:25 - 4th) Timeout Minnesota, clock 00:25.

• 2nd & Goal at MINN 9
    (0:25 - 4th) Tevin Coleman rush, fumbled, recovered by Minn Aaron Hill at the Minn 23, Aaron Hill for 21 yards, to the Minn 44, tackled by Tevin Coleman.

Reactions: HOOS13R

The QB sneak was a thing of beauty. Great job by PR waiting just long enough to get everyone set.

I well remember a couple of last minute plays that went against us in OOB games-----Keith Calvin fumbling right in front of the goalposts fighting for extra yards when all we needed was a FG to win the game; the missed FG in AT's SR year. Those last 2 plays in this game go a little way toward squaring matters.
Aah, Keith Calvin. My first recollection of Indiana football tearing my heart out.

I dvr'd the game because I didn't want to spend the entire afternoon riding an emotional roller coaster and feeling like complete shit if we lost to those bastards. Had myself protected if we lost and ready to watch last night if we won.

I had mixed emotions when I found out the final score and the circumstances, but I got over the annoyance of not kicking their ass and settled in to watch the game last night. Had the dvr set to record an extra hour. The recording ended just as PUke kicked the fg to go ahead in the 2nd OT. UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.

I had to watch "The Final Drive" on BTN to catch the final play but will have to hope for a replay of the game on Football in 60 or the entire telecast to see our full winning possession.

Serves me right for being too big a pussy to have the faith that we would win, I suppose.

Reactions: Al Bino

Don't remember a Keith Calvin fumble, but I remember IU fumbling - twice - within FG range in '75. We lost 9-7.

I believe the RB who fumbled was seldom-used Modock White.

We'd run that play several time before that for a Ramsey TD. Once before in this game.

What's strange is that we have such a high level of discipline/technique on O, and so low on D.

As examples....the 2nd & 3rd team TBs we used yesterday....no fumbles.....few fumbles on the year from the TBs....very few dropped passes the entire year.....also no ints yesterday, and not really close to having one. Also, getting lined up so quickly and getting the QS off in the OT.

I'd also say the STs have been above average for the entire year.

On D. 10 men on the field on a crucial play.....giving up 2 2 pt conversions on the same play.....seemingly no plan for Hopkins.....lapses in effort given....late hits, face mask penalties...leaving running lanes open.....not getting lined up in time.....the one area I think has been pretty good is tackling technique, but that was also somewhat lacking yesterday.
We did have an INT in the game yesterday.

I dvr'd the game because I didn't want to spend the entire afternoon riding an emotional roller coaster and feeling like complete shit if we lost to those bastards. Had myself protected if we lost and ready to watch last night if we won.

I had mixed emotions when I found out the final score and the circumstances, but I got over the annoyance of not kicking their ass and settled in to watch the game last night. Had the dvr set to record an extra hour. The recording ended just as PUke kicked the fg to go ahead in the 2nd OT. UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.

I had to watch "The Final Drive" on BTN to catch the final play but will have to hope for a replay of the game on Football in 60 or the entire telecast to see our full winning possession.

Serves me right for being too big a pussy to have the faith that we would win, I suppose.
Same happened to me.
Hoping to catch a replay.

ADVERTISEMENT