ADVERTISEMENT

Last gasp opportunity for the Colts

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
I'd trade their last two #4 picks and their #5 to the Chargers for our man Feeney. There's not much left that's going to help the Colts after the mid-4th round they may as will try to get him.

I'd trade their last two #4 picks and their #5 to the Chargers for our man Feeney. There's not much left that's going to help the Colts after the mid-4th round they may as will try to get him.
I'm sorry, but that's a really bad idea. And Dan is a good player. But they have a lot of needs.

The Colts OL started to gel a bit late in the season. I'm good with them prioritizing the D.

and not only that, if they wanted him that badly - they could have taken him in round 2.

Feeney doesn't fit the Colts OL scheme. They worked Dan out and graded him as a zone only guy so he won't work.

They made a mistake (in my opinion). His ability to pass block far overshadowed any inability to drive block.

Reactions: DANC
They made a mistake (in my opinion). His ability to pass block far overshadowed any inability to drive block.
Well you certainly have a right to your opinion, but Dan would fail miserably in Indy right now. He has a very good opportunity in San Diego and you should encourage that as much as possible. IDC where Dan plays, just as long as he gets the best opportunity for him, and I believe the Chargers presented one of the best for him. Other teams certainly run zone line schemes, but Wisenhunt and his staff have ran that scheme for years and they love to pull the Guards.....this really is a perfect fit for Dan.

Well you certainly have a right to your opinion, but Dan would fail miserably in Indy right now. He has a very good opportunity in San Diego and you should encourage that as much as possible. IDC where Dan plays, just as long as he gets the best opportunity for him, and I believe the Chargers presented one of the best for him. Other teams certainly run zone line schemes, but Wisenhunt and his staff have ran that scheme for years and they love to pull the Guards.....this really is a perfect fit for Dan.

Oh I'm happy for him and since I don't follow the Chargers at all and hardly any pro ball aside from the Colts these days (and lately not even them as much as prior years) I'll bow to your expertise regarding the matter.

I still think that since he held up well in pass pro against O$U, MI, M$U, P$U, NE & Utah over the past few years there's no reason to think that would change in the pros. That is just my opinion though.

Thank you for your insights on the topic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT