ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Brown to Memphis to assist Penny...

MTBRider

Junior
Jun 20, 2003
I just read where Larry Brown was joining Penny Hardaway's staff as an assistant coach. Sounds like he's a true assistant and will be on the bench. I wonder if coach Woodson wanted him on his staff and was told "No" by the administration due to LB's past violations? It would sure seem that way. Either way, guess we won't have him hanging around the program any longer.

That sucks. LB is one of the greatest living basketball minds and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty.

If we were his first option and shot him down, I would not be a happy camper.

That sucks. LB is one of the greatest living basketball minds and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty.

If we were his first option and shot him down, I would not be a happy camper.
I love LB and think he’s a great coach. That being said, we did not need someone with his considerable baggage associated with our program. He left a mess at every college he coached.

I just read where Larry Brown was joining Penny Hardaway's staff as an assistant coach. Sounds like he's a true assistant and will be on the bench. I wonder if coach Woodson wanted him on his staff and was told "No" by the administration due to LB's past violations? It would sure seem that way. Either way, guess we won't have him hanging around the program any longer.
Wasn’t one of the IU assistants named by the fbi in one of the cases a couple years ago?

Wasn’t one of the IU assistants named by the fbi in one of the cases a couple years ago?
Couldn’t resist could you? What happened to that “innocent until proven guilty” feeling from the Haas post? Oh that’s right, you are trolling. GTFOH lazy and you can’t even look that sh!t up. That’s how I know you are a troll!

Last edited:
Couldn’t resist could you? What happened to that “innocent until proven guilty” feeling from the Haas post? Oh that’s right, you are trolling. GTFOH lazy and you can’t even look that sh!t up. That’s how I know you are a troll!
Did I say the man shouldn’t be allowed to coach like you wanted with Haas playing? I didn’t? You’re just sensitive? Oh ok.

I really didn’t care enough to look it up but I guess I can’t ask a question on here without you getting worked up. It must’ve really bothered you too if it got you to post at 3 AM and then go and edit it 2 hours later! That’s some funny stuff! Even funnier than the OP thinking Woodson wouldn’t hire Brown for violations when he didn’t care to hire someone named in the FBI trial. If he wasn’t guilty of anything and you’ve calmed down then maybe you can explain the situation

Did I say the man shouldn’t be allowed to coach like you wanted with Haas playing? I didn’t? You’re just sensitive? Oh ok.

I really didn’t care enough to look it up but I guess I can’t ask a question on here without you getting worked up. It must’ve really bothered you too if it got you to post at 3 AM and then go and edit it 2 hours later! That’s some funny stuff! Even funnier than the OP thinking Woodson wouldn’t hire Brown for violations when he didn’t care to hire someone named in the FBI trial. If he wasn’t guilty of anything and you’ve calmed down then maybe you can explain the situation
He was cleared by both the FBI and NCAA of any wrongdoing. Troll better.

Would you provide links for both of those clearances so that this matter can be put to bed?
There are no links. The proof is that he wasn’t charged with a crime by the FBI, and he is a current NCAA assistant coach, so the NCAA obviously cleared him.

IU did extensive research into this before he was hired. If you were as close to the program as you claim, you would know this.

There are no links. The proof is that he wasn’t charged with a crime by the FBI, and he is a current NCAA assistant coach, so the NCAA obviously cleared him.

IU did extensive research into this before he was hired. If you were as close to the program as you claim, you would know this.
I knew neither entity cleared him, as you falsely stated. You knew it, too, but you chose to misstate it. Typical of someone like you.

I knew neither entity cleared him, as you falsely stated. You knew it, too, but you chose to misstate it. Typical of someone like you.
If he isn’t being investigated, and hasn’t been charged with a crime then he has been cleared.

Can you post a link to prove you aren’t being investigated in any FBI trial? TIA.

If he isn’t being investigated, and hasn’t been charged with a crime then he has been cleared.

Can you post a link to prove you aren’t being investigated in any FBI trial? TIA.
Talk about twisted logic. If he’s been cleared (as you stated unequivocally that he was), then back up your statement with proof. Otherwise, you’re asserting something(s) that you simply don’t know to be true. Read the transcripts of what he tried to do . . . It might actually help you understand it a bit better.

Talk about twisted logic. If he’s been cleared (as you stated unequivocally that he was), then back up your statement with proof. Otherwise, you’re asserting something(s) that you simply don’t know to be true. Read the transcripts of what he tried to do . . . It might actually help you understand it a bit better.
He’s been cleared as I know people in the department charged with looking into it. There obviously wouldn’t be any links to it. You would know it as a fact as well if you were as close to the program as you claim.

He’s been cleared as I know people in the department charged with looking into it. There obviously wouldn’t be any links to it. You would know it as a fact as well if you were as close to the program as you claim.
Lol. Nice try. Read the transcript. He badly wanted To be a part of things but was rejected because he had nothing (actually, no one) of value to deliver.

Lol. Nice try. Read the transcript. He badly wanted To be a part of things but was rejected because he had nothing (actually, no one) of value to deliver.
I saw the transcripts. It doesn’t matter what his intentions were. He did not commit a crime. End of story.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I saw the transcripts. It doesn’t matter what his intentions were. He did not commit a crime. End of story.
Never said he committed a crime, only that he tried to do so. He also unsuccessfully tried to violate NCAA rules. Good thing he failed. As for being cleared, it never happened.

Way to deflect. You and I both know what you where getting at.

Never said he committed a crime, only that he tried to do so. He also unsuccessfully tried to violate NCAA rules. Good thing he failed. As for being cleared, it never happened.
It did happen, but you aren’t close enough to the program to know that.

Oh good the PU narrative of "IU hired a cheater" is still alive.

Thread succesfully trashed.

It did happen, but you aren’t close enough to the program to know that.
I am sure no one in this little fight ever took the time to define "cleared" but the fact is that he was vetted by the Athletic Department and found to be worthy of this position. I suspect he will never get that close to the fire again but our rivals will be sure to keep it alive by saying he tried to cheat and failed. This builds self-esteem for them.

Reactions: TrojanFan004

I thought you asked the question in a non needleing way.
I also sometimes do not google but ask the forum. The forum usually has a good answer and often has some inside info.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT