ADVERTISEMENT

Lander

Wow, a game and a half into the season and the season is over and our players stink. The game isn't over yet, so stick around for the comeback.

He'll be a good player in time I believe but he definitely isn't ready yet and he needs major improvement on shot selection.

He'll be a good player in time I believe but he definitely isn't ready yet and he needs major improvement on shot selection.
I've seen him play at least a dozen times in high school, way overrated! Very young and will get better but a 5 star no way! If IU fans are willing to wait 2 or 3 years for him to improve then great, otherwise get used to his poor shot selection and missed shots!

I was referring to Bracey's shot selection not his shooting percentage. He never saw a shot he didn't like.
What I remember is his shot selection from the FT line. Only guy I've ever seen who shot a 16' FT. Don't know why any Coach would allow that.

What I remember is his shot selection from the FT line. Only guy I've ever seen who shot a 16' FT. Don't know why any Coach would allow that.

Bracey was a top 10 recruit who could've gone anywhere. It was rumored that Davis had essentially promised him he could do whatever he wanted if he came here. Apparently Mike keeps his word.

I wouldn't be too quick to make too many judgements on Lander yet. He obviously has high level athletic talent and appears to have the quickest lateral movement on the team.

He's a 17 year old kid who has played exactly 2 games. I'm not sure why people don't give these kids a chance to get used to playing at this level.

I was referring to Bracey's shot selection not his shooting percentage. He never saw a shot he didn't like.

I know. And not that I would ever be in favor of a player being a gun (it’s never good for their team), but a gun is at least easier to handle when they hit a respectable percentage of their shots.

It’s something quite different to be a gun who also shoots at a low clip.

He's definitely got a lot of Devonte and Bracey Wright in him.

He has been moving the ball well and moving his feet defensively. The shots just aren't falling. He is talented though. I hate to say it but I'd show him tapes of how Armon Bassett played.

With the stellar depth the little guy has brought in so far, I think Lander and Leal and Galloway have to play big minutes - especially if Durham is out for a while. Franklin and Phin are backups at best. The frontcourt is another story. Not sure where to turn on that part.

I told everyone on here..Most overrated 5 star I've ever seen.
Better players than him .Are still playing ball in high school in Southern Indiana..
He should be playing in high school right now, correct. I've only seen him play once in the Providence game. It seemed to his job was just to create space on the floor. Go to an open corner or to the top of the key and stay there to spread the defense.
He is a 17 year old freshman. Give the kid a break. Hell, a few years ago we had a team captain that could not run forwards as fast as the defenders could run backwards. And he never shot a free throw all season.

I've seen him play at least a dozen times in high school, way overrated! Very young and will get better but a 5 star no way! If IU fans are willing to wait 2 or 3 years for him to improve then great, otherwise get used to his poor shot selection and missed shots!
I hope he improves (sure that he will) but similar to you when I watched his high school video I was surprised he was rated so highly.

I wouldn't be too quick to make too many judgements on Lander yet. He obviously has high level athletic talent and appears to have the quickest lateral movement on the team.

He's a 17 year old kid who has played exactly 2 games. I'm not sure why people don't give these kids a chance to get used to playing at this level.

This is what you sign up for when you play at IU. The expectations are through the roof and the average fan is much more knowledgeable than in other places.

His mechanics are a mess right now and it is tough to get that fixed in-season. He will be a very different player next season but for now he is going to get a lot of scrutiny.

I should also say that I'm not quite as sold on Khristian Lander as some people are. I'm in Evansville and have watched him play 7 or 8 times the past few years. I know that isn't a lot and, besides, I certainly don't hold myself out to be a great judge of HS basketball talent. But, having watched him, it's been hard for me to escape the sense that he's a little overrated. And I'm NOT just saying that because he's coming to IU. I'd have said it if he'd have gone to Louisville, too.

I posted the above quote in March.

OK, it's very early and I fully realize that he's gone from playing against HS competition to playing against ranked NCAA teams one year earlier than most do. My patience level with Lander is going to be a bit higher than it normally would be. But I'm not surprised he's looked as raw as he has thus far.

I posted the above quote in March.

OK, it's very early and I fully realize that he's gone from playing against HS competition to playing against ranked NCAA teams one year earlier than most do. My patience level with Lander is going to be a bit higher than it normally would be. But I'm not surprised he's looked as raw as he has thus far.
He looks like a skinny high school senior, which isn’t surprising. Unfortunately for him, he faces outlandish expectations that will be nearly impossible to meet, and the pressure on him to produce will only increase. Hope he can handle it, especially if AD is put for any period of time. As it is, he doesn’t look ready physically to compete at this level.

So far to start his career, he is 1-8 from the three and many times shoots it very early in the clock. He may need more time to mature before he sees more minutes.
This year he is 2 for 7 from 3, only one miss off the backboard, and just once lodged in the rim. Looks like a freshman. Last year he l looked like a high school kid.

He is getting a little better but it is still a work in progress.

This year he is 2 for 7 from 3, only one miss off the backboard, and just once lodged in the rim. Looks like a freshman. Last year he l looked like a high school kid.

Yep 9 points 6 rebounds 6 assists, Rob is not even close

Yep 9 points 6 rebounds 6 assists, Rob is not even close
Aside from the obvious fact that you are an ignorant pos, why exactly do you feel compelled to disparage another IU player in order to validate a different player. This baffles me ( and in fairness, it isn't only you). Depth is a valuable asset. More players playing well = a better team. I hope Rob is great. I hope Lander is great. There's plenty of pt for both if we are going to be good. It's unbelievable that someone who calls himself a fan would delight in any player's failure just to be "more right" than some other internet poster.

Aside from the obvious fact that you are an ignorant pos, why exactly do you feel compelled to disparage another IU player in order to validate a different player. This baffles me ( and in fairness, it isn't only you). Depth is a valuable asset. More players playing well = a better team. I hope Rob is great. I hope Lander is great. There's plenty of pt for both if we are going to be good. It's unbelievable that someone who calls himself a fan would delight in any player's failure just to be "more right" than some other internet poster.
I see you are not any smarter on this board than you are on that loser football board !

Agree. Very noticeable marked improvement for Kristian. Exciting to see it. Last year was gawd awful most of the time to watch. The combo of he / Bates / Geronimo is salty combination and our future. Although @Cavanagh thinks Jordan is gone to next level sooner rather than later. That may be the case, but I can't see him being anywhere but on IU's bench next season. As has been stated by other posters, with RP's injury and Lander making the most of his minutes, it will lead to more and more PT.

Edit to above. Regarding the 2 for 7 stat.......i do not believe that is anything to celebrate. While a small pool, unless he starts knocking more down, this equates to a 28.5% avg. Let's revisit this conversation when he has attempted more shots, ie 30+. Again, I seem to recall @Cavanagh having some side action on prognosticating certain players hit a certain avg from three. We need to start building a spreadsheet to keep up with all his bets / predictions. Ha!

Last edited:
Reactions: mk23
Agree. Very noticeable marked improvement fro Kristian. Exciting to see it. Last year was gawd awful most of the time to watch. The combo of he / Bates / Geronimo is salty combination and our future. Although @Cavanagh thinks Jordan is gone to next level sooner rather than later. That may be the case, but I can't see him being anywhere but on IU's bench next season. As has been stated by other posters, with RP's injury and Lander making the most of his minutes, it will lead to more and more PT.

Edit to above. Regarding the 2 for 7 stat.......i do not believe that is anything to celebrate. While a small pool, unless he starts knocking more down, this equates to a 28.5% avg. Let's revisit this conversation when he has attempted more shots, ie 30+. Again, I seen to recall @Cavanagh having some side action on prognosticating certain players hit a certain avg from three. We need to start building a spreadsheet to keep up with all his bets / predictions. Ha!
Jordan has this year and next minimum. But pro scouts have approached me about him, and the buzz in the NBA about him is very real right now.

it is pretty wild dealing with these pro agencies, I almost should start my own.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Jordan has this year and next minimum. But pro scouts have approached me about him, and the buzz in the NBA about him is very real right now.

it is pretty wild dealing with these pro agencies, I almost should start my own.
Get yourself a law degree or cuddle up to a couple of folks that do. Big money to be made.

I say go for it, nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I say go for it, nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Get yourself a law degree or cuddle up to a couple of folks that do. Big money to be made.

I never did this thinking it would even be remotely possible for me to switch careers. I would say it has a 50/50 shot today. Every day I have more conversations, and even I underestimated the possibilities of NIL. New era indeed.

Reactions: Lucy01

Geronimo isn’t a pro. Not now, most likely not ever. Love his motor, but he’s a post man in a guard’s body. All pros have one very identifiable skill. Jordan doesn’t do anything exceptionally well. He’ll be a solid 4 year player, unless he gets recruited over.

• Haha
Reactions: HillzHoozier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT